• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us old farts need to do that to get to better areas.
FL is pretty flat and dull.
NC and N Ga is wonderful for us.

I'm with you. Why waste good tires doing something you know you're not going to enjoy just for some kind of tough-guy do-it-all bragging rights? Been there, done that. North Georgia absolutely has some *incredible* roads, but honestly I wouldn't bother if I had to ride all the way from Orlando or whatever. I enjoy driving, as well! A car/truck with a trailer might be the best accessory you can buy.

Horses for courses.

Last edited:
I thought only Harley riders trailered to events ; }

No, it's not just Harley riders that trailer bikes. I do it quite a bit. If we're taking the bike along with the motor home, it wouldn't make sense to have me ride the bike while the wife drove the motor home, so the bike goes in a trailer.

The dirt bike is not street legal, so to get to the off road riding areas, the bike goes in/on a trailer.

For me to get to nice street riding areas like Arkansas or North Carolina means some boring interstate travel through metro areas fending off cars driving 15 mph over the limit and dodging rubber chucked off semi trailer tires. I loathe that part of the trip. I'd rather save my riding butt for the good stuff, so I'm converting my cargo trailer to a camper/toy hauler. I got the awning, windows, and powered roof vent done, and now need to get the cabinets and electrics done.

IMG_2867.jpg

And then sometimes we don't trailer the bike, we bike the trailer, like last week when the wife and I went camping.

IMG_2979.jpg

Last edited:
I guess nobody saw this Harley riderz comment as the joke it was <sob>

It+is+a+joke+you+didn+t+get+_c3c5d0e895b00356857f68ab840be712.jpg

At least this advanced discussion on trailering ; }

So, i did a valve check and all that today. Well, when i took the top hose off of the radiator, i discovered a chunk of paint that came off and was half blocking the inlet into the radiator.

It+is+a+joke+you+didn+t+get+_c3c5d0e895b00356857f68ab840be712.jpg

At least this advanced discussion on trailering ; }

Come on now greenboy you know that comment is never exactly a joke. I get what you're saying, even agree, just pointing out there's another side to it as well.

Well, I fully saw the joke it was intended to be, but I didn't really think it was funny. NC riders are typically the type that don't care what others think about their rides or styles. So it occurred to me that NC riders would be as likely to trailer their bike as anyone, since we wouldn't care if people make jokes about it.

I thought kpinvt's toy hauler looked pretty nice. I googled that model to check it out.

Last edited:
Installed set of TKCs. I'm braking them in. So far, I'm afraid that I've screwed something up, or just not used to them. Everything is fine except Handlebar vibration under braking around 20mph. It was a b***h to mount them and I did make a few scratches on the wheel; however, wheel balanced just fine after tire mounting.

TKC80.jpg

Today i found out that if you put the valve cover bolts back in without their washers/gaskets, oil can and will be flung out of the gaps around said bolts.

Today i found out that if you put the valve cover bolts back in without their washers/gaskets, oil can and will be flung out of the gaps around said bolts.

Good to know. Well, I'm glad you DIDN'T report learning that if you tighten the valve cover bolts any more than spec, they break off very easily

Last edited:
Good to know. Well, I'm glad you DIDN'T report learning that if you tighten the valve cover bolts any more than spec, they break off very easily

Yeah, i remember reading about that one. I saw the washers laying in my tool kit thing, along with a bunch of other crap, but didn't know what they were for, where they came from, or when they even got there. When i took the cover off I laid out down on it, and two fell out/off. Once i figured out where all the oil came from on my test ride i figured it out real quick.

Installed set of TKCs. I'm braking them in. So far, I'm afraid that I've screwed something up, or just not used to them. Everything is fine except Handlebar vibration under braking around 20mph. It was a b***h to mount them and I did make a few scratches on the wheel; however, wheel balanced just fine after tire mounting.

Not much you can screw up in tubeless tire mounting as long as the beads are seated and pressure is right.

There are a ton of little tricks to use when mounting tires that really just aren't all that intuitive and almost have to be learned by experience. One of the most important is to use your knees a lot to force the tire where you want it while you work. Another is to put one side of the bead in the center of the rim to give enough slack to pop the other side over. These together help quite a lot. Also... the right tools. I've often wished I'd had them.

It's not surprising those giant TKC knobs would cause some sympathetic vibrations at low speeds. I wouldn't worry unless something seems loose or unstable. Once or twice I've forgotten to tighten axle nuts, for example. Obvious almost immediately with no real danger, thanks to very safe retention systems on any modern bike.

Gave it a wash again after riding in rainy weather. Was a bit muddy and full of bugs :')
Need to ride it some more I reckon.
Today was nice, but it was car free day in the city so no one can get in or out lol

Also WD 40'd the metal parts to protect it from corrosion.
In 2000km's I'm due for the 14000km service.
Should ask them to clean and lube the chain because it is always a hassle to clean ;)

20170917_102151.jpg

This morning was great. Red NC and I met up at 8am and headed out on a really nice ride. Eric picked and GPS's some great twisty routes that had very little traffic or stop signs. Nice scenic route. About 2.5 hours in, my phone exploded with the "If you don't come home soon and handle the teenagers, they may be dead later" so I said my farewell and headed back home the less awesome way. Total just over 200 miles... really nice day. Can't wait to do it again and maybe FEZZ will join us next time!

Yesterday I finished some work on my top case rack to raise and move rearward the custom mounting plate for my OEM top case. This allows me to mount my new YETI 20 cooler to a position that makes a perfect backrest for me while riding.

IMG_4373.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

I also finally got around to mounting my Death Proof Duck ornament (Convoy | Death Proof | Duck Hood Ornament www.deathproofduck.com).

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4367.jpg

And finished painting the new pannier racks on the Moto-Mule. I took a nice two hundred plus ride thru the coastal Cascade mountains to test the cooler's position and it was great being able to lean back on it.

Today I packed for a 900+ mile ride to SoCal enroute to the Horizons Unlimited Travelers Meeting starting Thursday outside of Yosemite Park.

IMG_4372.jpg

Rain or shine, leaving tomorrow morning.

Ray

Last edited:
View attachment 34778

This morning was great. Red NC and I met up at 8am and headed out on a really nice ride. Eric picked and GPS's some great twisty routes that had very little traffic or stop signs. Nice scenic route. About 2.5 hours in, my phone exploded with the "If you don't come home soon and handle the teenagers, they may be dead later" so I said my farewell and headed back home the less awesome way. Total just over 200 miles... really nice day. Can't wait to do it again and maybe FEZZ will join us next time!

The bike on the left is almost the exact idea that i have in my head for my Red ncx haha. I love it!

View attachment 34778

Looks like fun, I certainly do hope to be on any future rides!

Rode with my daughter to her school, and then after leaving her and the PCX150 took a scenic detour on the way to work!!

Mantua corners sunrise bike.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back