• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting too cold to ride, so I put the bike away.

Washed it, cleaned and lubed the chain, ACF 50 treated the metal parts, fuel stabilizer and on the battery tender.

Till next year! [emoji22]

Friday is supposed to be nice enough for a last ride of the year. Then I’m going to put mine away too. We got our bikes around the same time, spring of ‘16. Last year I did 17k km this year only 13k how about you?

Love the bike.. but the ride last night was AWFUL. After 30 years of riding, I feel like I actually earned the ability to be called a "rider" last night.
(Pics courtesy my bud Bob in my wife's "chase car"...)

The duface under 8 layers of clothes, and jackets and frog togs is Muwahhh.

Rider home:
20171101_174840.jpg20171101_211101.jpg20171101_200339.jpg20171101_200342.jpg

The "Boys" meeting each other...

20171101_222228.jpg20171101_222236.jpg

Also, the guy I got the bike from was awesome. As we were talking he goes "Oh by the way, I have a few boxes of parts I never installed and hands me two pages of the Altrider catalog in parts." I am stoked!

How about a ride this Sunday?
Let's keep an eye on the weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Kansas City until Monday.
But next week for sure. And after last night, unless it snows or there's an ice storm, I'm in. A few hours in any weather will be nothing compared to last night.
My "water proof" Goretex KLIM gloves (read, expensive purchase which I thought would actually work) were still dripping this morning when I left for work... in my car.... :D

Last edited:
For the first time since I took the bike out of storage this past spring I took the truck to work. It was raining this morning and too dark at 0630 when I left the house. It's almost time to put the bikes away for the winter. I think I'll be able to make it to the next BMW Motorcycle Owners of Vermont monthly breakfast meeting this Sunday. It's forecast to be 50F degrees with rain, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Friday is supposed to be nice enough for a last ride of the year. Then I’m going to put mine away too. We got our bikes around the same time, spring of ‘16. Last year I did 17k km this year only 13k how about you?

I've got a total of about 16,000 miles on it now, I didn't ride it this year as much as I did last year.
More commuting and long multi-day overnight trips rather than long day trips.

I have yet to plan a cross-country trip, maybe next year!

Did a one hour morning commute in some yucky rain. Waterproofing sprays seemed to improve moisture penetration in boots and pants. I didn't have a good place to hang up my gear at the destination. This combined with the hour and a half rush hour commute home was pretty damp.

I rode some back roads to Columbus, Kansas, which is still upset over the way we have wiped out Columbus Day, to do some research.
The NC is pretty good on gravel roads, though I am not crazy about gravel roads in and of themselves.

NaNCy has been on the sidelines for nearly 2 years during the time I had my Zero. Only being used occasionally and for long rides with my buddies. My Zero was nothing but problems and had a few major malfunctions that caused it to be Lemon. Zero is buying the bike back from me and I am getting most of my money back from it. NaNCy is now and has been my fulltime bike for the last 3 weeks.

A few problems have popped up since.

1. Battery is on its way out.
  2. Drive chain and sprockets need replacement.
  3. Need a new rear tire soon.

I am getting back into using gasoline/petro again doing the maintenance that comes along with owning a traditional motorcycle. No worries, I did it for many years before. ;)

Well, I am back after a leave of absence. I will also be buying a 2010 Honda NT700V over the weekend to replace the Zero as my main commuter bike.

Last edited:
Brillo, that’s interesting about the Zero problems. Perhaps in the non-NC motorcycle forum section, you could give a few details so as to aid anyone that had remotely considered buying one, myself included.

Brillo, that’s interesting about the Zero problems. Perhaps in the non-NC motorcycle forum section, you could give a few details so as to aid anyone that had remotely considered buying one, myself included.

Right now I cannot go into in-depth detail at this time regarding the issues. Perhaps at a later time.

I all can say now is that the factory offered me a way out and I took it.

Picked up a bib style, hi-vis, rain pant today. They are from a work wear company. Seems like if motorcycle is in the name the price goes up... The ones I chose had a good price point, seem to be made of a very similar material to what Scott uses for theirs, and can be put on with my boots on provided my yoga balance has been exercised. Time will tell how durable they are and if I made a good investment. I think eventually I will end up with a Roadcrafter so trying to hobble along until then. Hoping to go to the next pop up event Aerostich does in Seattle to get a feel for how they fit me.

If cagers can't see this coming then they shouldn't be driving!!

Finally got all the hardware together AND some time to do the install!! Added lights to the light bar and down low at the axle level (with amber lenses + flood version on riders right side). Also got the Kobra handguard LED kit so installed that while the tupperware was off. I modified the Kobra kit so that they would run as DRL's and indicators, i.e. an exact mimic of the stock lights so that they're both doing the same thing at the same time. Picture is with the lights on low beam, 50% brightness!!

20171106_065401-web.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back