• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018 750

I have asked several H salesmen about the 750 coming to the US. The response has been weird... they don't know, they haven't checked, let's change the subject. What's up wit dat?

I ask the usual: do you know price, delivery date, colors? All right, will you let me know as soon as you get information? Nobody yet has said, Sure, give me your number. Why would salespeople not want to talk about it? Maybe they are trained to turn you to focus on selling you a bike on the floor right now. IDK...

I have asked several H salesmen about the 750 coming to the US. The response has been weird... they don't know, they haven't checked, let's change the subject. What's up wit dat?

I ask the usual: do you know price, delivery date, colors? All right, will you let me know as soon as you get information? Nobody yet has said, Sure, give me your number. Why would salespeople not want to talk about it? Maybe they are trained to turn you to focus on selling you a bike on the floor right now. IDK...

I could be wrong but I think “hourly paid clerks” are more the norm now than what I would call true salespeople who run down information, follow-up, stay informed, stay in contact, and try find what a customer is interested in all the way to a sale.

Last edited:
Honda Motor Corporation is historically extraordinarily tight-lipped about many aspects of their business including future product availability. Businesses that sell Honda products in the USA are not Honda Motor Corporation, they are individual businesses (dealerships) and they get information not much if any sooner than the general public does in this internet age. It is well known for the past 100 years or so that salespeople in dealerships often know less about the products they sell than interested and motivated buyers do. Nothing new there. If you are in a dealership asking about a bike they do not have and they have products on the floor to sell then expect sales people to try and interest you in what they have today. If they do not listen and take your information about interest in a future product then move on. You already know more than they do.

HMC has previously released information that a red NC750X will be made available to US dealers in the summer of 2018. The MSRPs will be $7,999 and $8,699. If we get to September 2018 with no NC750X in dealerships we will most likely have information as to why not. Today is not yet summer 2018 so let's not worry too much about it.

As a side note to what dduelin posted about HMC I have a deposit down on a 10th gen Accord (hybrid touring) that is at this writing starting to roll off the assembly line in Ohio, about 4 months behind the other Accord trim levels.
In trying to get an idea when the hybrids would be available I was told by a dealership next door to the plant that the hybrid would not be available for 2018. These sales people know little about the product they sell. Motivated buyers know more.

The folks on this website have probably done more to educate and promote the sale of this particular bike than half the “salespeople” working at dealerships.

The folks on this website have probably done more to educate and promote the sale of this particular bike than half the “salespeople” working at dealerships.

I think this particular group is enthusiastic and a bit biased toward the NCX, wouldn't you think? :D

I think this particular group is enthusiastic and a bit biased toward the NCX, wouldn't you think? :D

Of course! But where better will a newbie or prospective owner find such a wealth of knowledge on features, benefits, mods, issues - real or perceived, etc, than with a group of dedicated enthusiasts. Once that “flash of the obvious” occurred to me about four motorcycles back, an owners group has been my first stop on the shopping trail to a new acquisition. And it has not only sealed the deal on several, it also kept me from buying a few that I probably would have regretted.

Honda oughta pay these administrators and senior members a commission.:)

Last edited:
True, Red Rider. A broad reading of a forum will tell you so much: what sort of people ride a certain bike, how many design/engineering flaws or maintenance headaches come with it (something that varies all over the map, from bike to bike), a wealth of user experience with mods and whether there is a consensus on a best windscreen, seat and so forth, what kind of uses a bike is best for and what kind it isn't, detail variations from year to year, how much to pay, how easy or hard it is to make a good deal buying or selling, what kinds of other bikes users tend to come from to the bike and how many stay, satisfied, and if they sell to go on to something else, what kinds of other bikes they go to, information about the company culture and customer treatment of the manufacturer... on and on.

It requires an investment of time to squeeze out this info and get the big picture, but if a forum is big enough and active enough then the truth is hard to conceal. From reading its forum, you can safely select a bike when you are satisfied with the mechanical soundness and durability of it, and you are able to identify yourself with the kind of folks who ride the bike and care enough about it to form a community. These forums greatly enhance the buying and ownership experience. Right on, right on...

...what kinds of other bikes users tend to come from to the bike and how many stay, satisfied, and if they sell to go on to something else, what kinds of other bikes they go to, ...

Here is the distinct value of New Member posts. New buyers may have nothing but questions about the bike, but you learn what bike they sold to get this one, or what other bikes they have in the garage, and what they were looking for when they decided on the bike in question. Then, as they continue posting, you find out if they have found what they were looking for. Loads of good insight there for anyone considering coming on board.

Still have the NC.... Mostly riding the S-10 now......
baf23560a85b69638f31974dc63d8feb.jpg
70a8e873e94f5ee088701f1762cc42c0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back