• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018 Goldwing DCT

I have been to the gl1800 forum twice and gotten a nasty virus each time, so avoid it.

I got to demo one two weeks ago, a Tour with DCT. Incredible motorcycle but more than I need. Still, it was a fun 30 minutes. When I got back the GM shot this video of me showing the fine control of DCT in parking lot turns.

2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour slow speed turns - YouTube

Good job on taming that pony.

I got to ride the prototype out in the Mojave Desert almost 3 years ago. That bike looks a lot better and better refined than the one I got to ride. Did you get a chance to try out the "Walk Mode"?

I could not help from noticing that the front-running lights appearing to be scanning. That tells me that Honda is using Pulse-Width Modulation for the running lights function.

I need to practice my low speed handling. I can look like that sometimes but then I get awkward sometimes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sorry to take so much time to return your inquiry. The engine seems smooth enough for me at all speeds, not an issue. The rear seat is roomy enough. I really like the Super Tenere but I am giving serious consideration to buying the 750x DCT when it comes to California in 2018. I really like my 2012 DCT bike, just wish it was a little more powerful. Maybe the additional 75cc will help. I would like very much to ride the 750 to see if the extra power really translates into something worth spending a lot of money to get.

I stopped at Honda of Russellville, Arkansas. They had about eight sitting there, mostly sold except for two base models. Salesman said they had taken 60 deposits and delivered 30.

Last edited:
It suggests the Wing is no longer an old man's bike suited for rides to the Dairy Queen. Sometimes you have to read between the lines.

It suggests the Wing is no longer an old man's bike suited for rides to the Dairy Queen. Sometimes you have to read between the lines.

Ahh. Being that old man, it was lost on me, and that suggests I’m clearly not the target audience.

I'm in the same age bracket as you and I'd love a new Wing, it's partially the ST Honda never updated. The old one did nothing for me.

A lot of current Gold Wing owners talk about how “ small” it is, and is basically an ST 1300. It still weighs 820 or more pounds!

I'm in the same age bracket as you and I'd love a new Wing, it's partially the ST Honda never updated. The old one did nothing for me.

When I bought my Wing in 2004, I sold my ST1100. My motive was to involve my wife more in riding, and as a result she has logged many miles with me on the Wing that she never would have done on a sport touring bike. So now it appears that Honda is trying to blend the sport touring and the touring, thus adding weight to the former, and removing luggage capacity from the latter.

Pushing the new one off the side stand feels like it takes half the effort of the old one. It might only be 70 or 80 lbs lighter but feels like much more. At my dealership the buyers of the new one are almost exclusively current Gold Wing riders.

A lot of current Gold Wing owners talk about how “ small” it is, and is basically an ST 1300. It still weighs 820 or more pounds!
It's all relative.....

After about 10 years on a 900lb + previous gen Goldwing and sitting on a new DCT tour yesterday yes, the new bike seems much smaller (and closer to the ground).

I'm sure some of the perception comes from the physically smaller stature of the new bike..and not just from the 80 or 90 lb weight drop. The entire motorcycle seems like about a 7/8 sized version of the older bike. From the saddle, the new gen seems even smaller.

I like it. I want one. I can' afford one :-(

I can afford it in the sense that I have the money in the bank.
But I just bought a new car (2018 Camry) and I think my wife might seek guardianship if I spend another big sum.

Back