• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to do a major maintenance Job on the old girl.
Tires, Chain, Oil, coolant, fort oil, brake fluid, Brakes, valve adjustment, air filter, and what ever else I find!!!
Going to be yanked around so I put eye bolts in the studs, in ceiling to sturdy it a bit, better safe that sorry!

X1.jpg

X2.jpg

Did the dreaded air filter change at 20k as well as battery change. Wasn’t bad at all. A lot easier than installing the sub harness. I only commute on the freeway and was surprised it was this dirty.

de5e7decf4a5b40426a863bad2a7e3f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like 20K of normal use is about right. Thanks for posting the picture.

JT

Today I changed the rear tire. Another rear tire shows cords!

I'm not a fan of these rear tires that have no tread along the center line. So I kept a close eye on my rear Conti Motion. On the last ride, I see the rubber starting to wrinkle in the middle. What annoys me about the Motion is that although I just hit the wear bar on the left, I'm not through it on the right, but there is no rubber left in the center. A little more warning would be nice.
View attachment 37057

So I mount up a half used Michelin PR4 from my tire stock. Prior to mounting, I check wheel balance. This is the only wheel out of the 5 I've checked that actually has the heaviest spot at the valve. See my thread on that subject: The red dot on the tire.
View attachment 37058

I mark it for future reference.
View attachment 37059

The Michelin PR4 has by far the softest sidewalls of any tire I've mounted. If you want to practice mounting tires, do it with the Pilot Road 4 or similar tire. When I watched the No-Mar guy at the bike show demo their tire mounting machine, it was a PR4 that he mounted and dismounted about 50 times a day. He must have chosen that for a reason.
View attachment 37060

Looks like you have a hole in that wheel bearing seal.

Installed some Grip Puppies (or Grab Ons, same thing). These are foam rubber over grips that slide on top of the OEM Honda grips. They make the grips larger and are cushioned for a more comfortable grip.

About 10 min install. Super easy using an air compressor to float air under the grip. It expands and slides right on.

JT

Installed some Grip Puppies (or Grab Ons, same thing). These are foam rubber over grips that slide on top of the OEM Honda grips. They make the grips larger and are cushioned for a more comfortable grip.

About 10 min install. Super easy using an air compressor to float air under the grip. It expands and slides right on.

JT

HEY!
I wish I knew how to do that. I'll think about it.

I rode around the neighborhood. We lived here 19 years and moved away for the last two and a half years doing a retirement experiment. It did not work out so we are "back home". Nice place to live.
Anyone passing by can stop and rest. I have a trailer in the back.
Land o lakes....north of Tampa.

I spent the weekend over at Lake Hope State Park in Ohio with a few Honda Rebel riders. Saturday was a perfect riding weather except for a couple of gravels roads we rode down (most of the riders were not familiar with gravel) and a couple of small mishaps (both behind me no video). I was on my Honda NC700x-talk of the town at camp-guys liked the frunk.
Got a few small videos, on a cheap camera (and part of windshield showing).
Rebel 250, Rebel 450, and a vstar 650 in front of me-all trying to be adventure riders (a few more 250s behind me along with an old honda cb900).
[video=youtube_share;soHQBUceIuQ]https://youtu.be/soHQBUceIuQ[/video]

Do these bags make my butt look fat?

Maybe I should just use one as a top box?

Anyway I bought some 42L Givi Monokey cases that clip right on to my existing racks.

Attachments

• Fat.jpg
    Fat.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 125
  • topBox.jpg
    topBox.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 125
I headed over for the grilled meats and to see who all shows up. It wasnt a warm night (47 deg) so while I wasnt planning on staying long, I was there for about 1.5 hours. Always nice to see who and what shows up to these - it is always a wide range of people and bikes. But, the best thing was I ended up walking away with a $50 gift card from CG. I can easily spend that, maybe put it towards a rear tire for later this year.

HEY!
I wish I knew how to do that. I'll think about it.

I rode around the neighborhood. We lived here 19 years and moved away for the last two and a half years doing a retirement experiment. It did not work out so we are "back home". Nice place to live.
Anyone passing by can stop and rest. I have a trailer in the back.
Land o lakes....north of Tampa.

They are super easy to put on. It is just a foam rubber "tube" that slips on over the hand grip. I used regular scissors to trim to length before putting them on.
I think I paid about $10 for the pair.

JT

PLANNING....

And looking forward to the suspension revisions.

Plus: I don't think we are going to set up a ride for KSL-9.5. Too far north.
I have not heard anything yet from others either but could easily have missed it.

We plan on the whole family at or near Lake Lanier in GA during ~ Oct. 5 to Oct. 11.
Will be in a state park campsite or a commercial one. Not sure yet.

Looks like I need a new front tire - just below the wear lines, and a new battery. Wont charge up. Guess I will be making a trip to the Cycle Gear just down the road.

So I replaced the air filter and the battery over the weekend but never got around to test ride afterwards. This morning as I was pulling out for my commute noticed my check engine light flashing. I turn the engine off and start again and the same light. I start riding and bike feels normal. Then I think in my head... that damm plug on the air filter assembly!! Go back home, disassemble and yup forgot to plug it back in... at least now I know that I can take off my panels super fast. 15 min delay, not bad.

Last edited:
My HJC MaxII arrived last evening so i had to go for a ride today...heh heh, to try it out ya know. Fits great, feels nice on. During the ride the first thing i noticed over my 15 year old one is there is a lot more wind noise then i expected. Although i still can't hear the IXIL pipe until i pop open the face shield, With the shield closed all i can hear is wind. After a couple of hours' ride, Very pleased with it. :{)

(now to install the ROX 2" handlebar risers, and the "Back Off" brake light module that also came in the mail). :{)

Last edited:
My HJC MaxII arrived last evening so i had to go for a ride today...heh heh, to try it out ya know. Fits great, feels nice on. During the ride the first thing i noticed over my 15 year old one is there is a lot more wind noise then i expected. Although i still can't hear the IXIL pipe until i pop open the face shield, With the shield closed all i can hear is wind. After a couple of hours' ride, Very pleased with it. :{)

(now to install the ROX 2" handlebar risers, and the "Back Off" brake light module that also came in the mail). :{)

Rapture have you ever considered ear plugs, there are some out there that eliminates wind noise, but can hear traffic and you bike?

So I replaced the air filter and the battery over the weekend but never got around to test ride afterwards. This morning as I was pulling out for my commute noticed my check engine light flashing. I turn the engine off and start again and the same light. I start riding and bike feels normal. Then I think in my head... that damm plug on the air filter assembly!! Go back home, disassemble and yup forgot to plug it back in... at least now I know that I can take off my panels super fast. 15 min delay, not bad.

Did the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back