• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running a Shinko 244 in 4.60x17 62P for the front and a Mitas E07+ in 170/60B17 72T TL for the rear.

Pretty sure it's operator error...

I have the Clearwater LEDs. My wife ordered the Denali lights from Revzilla Sunday but the brackets and dimmer are all that's arrived (lights haven't shipped yet).

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

What about the ones you bought for the headlight?

What about the ones you bought for the headlight?
2 pack but we have 2 bikes so that's cool with us. They'll be here tomorrow so maybe I'll get to test them if it's not pouring rain. Not certain there will be enough clearance so it may be a bust. Time will tell..

SEALIGHT H4/9003/HB2 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit, DOT Approved, X1 Series, Dual High/Low Beam -Xenon White 6000K, 1 Yr Warranty
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071R3KTBB/

That must have dropped your cruising rpm' s quite a bit. How is acceleration now. Mpg go up?
So today i woke up to a coolant leak on the daughters 02' 3.8L Impala, nice. So after 4 hours of hunting down the source of the leak, stupid plastic 90' elbows at the heater lines/tensioner bracket i finally got that fixed with new Aluminum 90' elbows. THEN... I was able to do some fun stuff, like Installing my new ROX risers and a 39T rear sprocket. I also pulled the new Sit-n-Fly seat cover, didn't like it at all. I went for a brief ride and they seem ok. I'll have to do more testing another day. :{)

View attachment 37163

View attachment 37164

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey 1WG..! As a matter of interest, i am headed out this late morning to my favorite mpg test track, up the Cd'A river rd to find out! I've post 99mpg, 98mpg(both with no luggage) and recently a 94mpg(with top box). Today i'll be swinging for the fence with no luggage in an attempt for the so far elusive 100+ MPG..!! :{)

Go for it! I just got 25 mpg on my 2015 duramax at 80 mph coming out of Wyoming and 21 going across NE. I was very happy with That!

Did you put a dct sprocket on a manual transmission model?
Hey 1WG..! As a matter of interest, i am headed out this late morning to my favorite mpg test track, up the Cd'A river rd to find out! I've post 99mpg, 98mpg(both with no luggage) and recently a 94mpg(with top box). Today i'll be swinging for the fence with no luggage in an attempt for the so far elusive 100+ MPG..!! :{)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Today was the day!! I did in fact just recently install a smaller DCT 39T rear sprocket(thanks Chris) and adjust the chain loose to the factory specs. Today I rode the beautiful Cd'A River Rd. The weather was beautiful, sunny/partly cloudy(it had rained earlier that morning though so it was a little chilly in the 60's, damp air and the roads were wet. The wind was blowing with gusts about 20-25 mph with flags straight out! I enjoyed a beautiful 100 mile ride and stopped to top off. By filling the tank and nursing it to the top(see the pic) the pump stopped at .994 gallons...

cda river run 100.6 mpg goal.jpg

That netted me a new personal best of 100.6 MPG!!

cda river run 100.6 mpg goal2.JPG

LED headlight

Got the LED headlights today and installed them on the truck and both bikes. It was somewhat tedious on the bikes considering the size of the heat sink but I managed to convince the retaining spring to get in the proper place. Day 1 so I cannot recommend them yet as I don't know if they'll last. But first impressions are good. They are stamped DOT so they should be legal. A photo of the old & new bulbs are included to show how they tried to mimic the halogen filament.

LED headlight compared to the stock halogen light in daylight (yes, a truck not a bike).
P_20180908_142919_vHDR_On.jpg

Stock nc700x bulb next to the new LED bulb
P_20180908_144930_vHDR_On.jpg
P_20180908_145002_vHDR_On.jpg

Had to split the boot to get it over the heat sink.
P_20180908_184251_vHDR_On.jpg

Connectors were too long and didn't seat completely (both on the nc700x and Rebel 500) so I clipped the ends so the connectors seated completely.
P_20180908_185442_vHDR_On.jpg

Clearance isn't an issue but the boot covers the bottom of the heat sink. So will heat be an issue??? I guess I'll find out...
P_20180908_193133_vHDR_On.jpg

The following photos were taken with manual camera settings to ensure the same exposure for each image. Photos were about 15' away from the building. Clearwater lights have the yellow lens to help define headlight vs. fog light (they may be aimed too low...). Hopefully it gives a proper comparison...

Lo beam.
P_20180908_201318_vHDR_On.jpg

High beam
P_20180908_201322_vHDR_On.jpg

Lo beam w/Clearwater Darla lights on lowest setting (5% or 10% of maximum output).
P_20180908_201141_vHDR_On.jpg

High beam with full output from Clearwater lights.
P_20180908_201121_vHDR_On.jpg

I'm hoping one of the other guys does a ride report that I can just steal. Until then here are a couple of videos, there are more on youtube under ColoradoChris if you care to see them.

Only "real" water crossing we did. There was one going the other way that was impassible, and dangerous, so we rode back over several miles of muddy, slick road and came to this one. It has a solid gravel bottom so we attempted it. Unlike the car loads of campers who also got "trapped" by the unexpected afternoon rains.
[video=youtube_share;ROne22cT1RY]https://youtu.be/ROne22cT1RY[/video]

And one of me getting going again after picking up the bike from one of the earlier pictures...
[video=youtube_share;8_UETnRKw8Y]https://youtu.be/8_UETnRKw8Y[/video]

Does "planning on" count...!!?? All this week i'll be preparing the little NC for a little 9-day (1500+ mile) vacation trip to our favorite location, the beautiful Oregon Coast!! I'll be croozin' from north Idaho down to I90, then west through Spokane Washington to Ritzville Washington, then south through Tri-Cities Washington and west over through Hood River Oregon and the blustery Dalles with a stop off at the Multnomah Falls(awesome) all while heading for the wonderful Tillamook Oregon cheese factory. Of course, for their free samples, twice! Then i'm off to Cape Lookout to set up my base-camp. From there i'll be visiting as many of the 11 Oregon Coastal Light Houses as i can(they're super cool). While riding up and down the beautiful Oregon Coast, i'll also be consuming as much delicious Pacific seafood as i can. More later. :{)

Last edited:
My son has used a lifetime guarantee LED bulb maker in his Tacoma for a couple of years.
I think he is on a third set now. Good thing he kept the originals so he can see while the return process plods along.

He is hesitant about doing the NC because losing 1 of 1 might be a bit more than "not much fun".

Last edited:
Did my first track day today. It was a good experience. A local organizing set's up a cone track in a large parking lot near a small rural airport. Weather was wet so it was interesting to practice race form in wet conditions. My legs sure are tired from practicing pressing down on the outside peg in turns.

Have had my NC700x for a little over 2 months. I am also pretty new to the forum. Installed a center stand yesterday. I used the ratchet strap and string method posted on this forum. Worked really well. Really like having the center stand for maintenance. However, I was a little disappointed that my left foot heel hits the center stand push bar. Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, were you able to fix it? I am thinking a thicker rubber stop on the right side of the center stand would lower the center stand bar a little and then not interfere with my foot. Also, might just leave it alone and get used to it.

My son has used a lifetime guarantee LED bulb maker in his Tacoma for a couple of years.
I think he is on a third set now. Good thing he kept the originals so he can see while the return process plods along.

He is hesitant about doing the NC because losing 1 of 1 might be a bit more than "not much fun".

I delayed on LEDs because of that and the differing light pattern. Since these mimic halogen, I thought it was worth the change. I now have auxiliary lights (2000 lumens each) so a failed headlight is only about 1/3 of my lighting. Hopefully I'll avoid testing that.

Have had my NC700x for a little over 2 months. I am also pretty new to the forum. Installed a center stand yesterday. I used the ratchet strap and string method posted on this forum. Worked really well. Really like having the center stand for maintenance. However, I was a little disappointed that my left foot heel hits the center stand push bar. Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, were you able to fix it? I am thinking a thicker rubber stop on the right side of the center stand would lower the center stand bar a little and then not interfere with my foot. Also, might just leave it alone and get used to it.

I was a little disappointed when I noticed my foot hitting the center stand, as well. I did not try to fix it, but did get used to it after riding with it for a couple weeks. Now, it's not a problem.

Had to split the boot to get it over the heat sink.
View attachment 37192

Clearance isn't an issue but the boot covers the bottom of the heat sink. So will heat be an issue??? I guess I'll find out...
View attachment 37194

Well, this is a bit embarrassing... There was no need to modify the boot since the bulb disconnects from the mounting plate (and that would have made mounting much easier). I'm not going to throw them under the bus for poor instructions since those are still in the box. Guess I'm buying two new boots for the headlights.

How to install SEALIGHT H4 9003 LED headlight bulbs - YouTube

So basically, I made the job much harder for myself... RTM...

Well, this is a bit embarrassing... There was no need to modify the boot since the bulb disconnects from the mounting plate (and that would have made mounting much easier). I'm not going to throw them under the bus for poor instructions since those are still in the box. Guess I'm buying two new boots for the headlights.

How to install SEALIGHT H4 9003 LED headlight bulbs - YouTube

So basically, I made the job much harder for myself... RTM...

My Dad used to day "If all else fails, read the directions"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back