• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had my NC700x for a little over 2 months. I am also pretty new to the forum. Installed a center stand yesterday. I used the ratchet strap and string method posted on this forum. Worked really well. Really like having the center stand for maintenance. However, I was a little disappointed that my left foot heel hits the center stand push bar. Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, were you able to fix it? I am thinking a thicker rubber stop on the right side of the center stand would lower the center stand bar a little and then not interfere with my foot. Also, might just leave it alone and get used to it.

Hey SBl... Welcome to the ride and a hearty welcome from north Idaho!! Congrats on the NC, i too did the ratchet strap trick when i installed my center stand and wow it was simple/easy! Heh Heh, my left heel hit the stand as well, not enough to make me lower it. :{)

In response to this post, # 871: 2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

My battery is now 4+ years old. I ride every day rain or shine and it still seems to be OK.

Yup. Living in the cooler north helps on battery life. My NC battery is over 6 years old. I replace them proactively at 8 years. My wife’s scooter has the same battery type as the NC, and the battery is 7.5 years old - scheduled for replacement next spring.

All that said though, some batteries do experience unexplained, unexpected, sudden death.

Last edited:
Yup. Living in the cooler north helps on battery life. My NC battery is over 6 years old. I replace them proactively at 8 years. My wife’s scooter has the same battery type as the NC, and the battery is 7.5 years old - scheduled for replacement next spring.

All that that said though, some batteries do experience unexplained, unexpected, sudden death.

Well, that makes me feel a lot better. Come to think of it, I had to replace a battery on a Subaru Forester that was ten years old. That battery was installed at the factory.

Took it off the tender and aired up the tires, finally finished the Yellowstone trip on the Wing.

The NC will be on the road for our local ride next week. :cool:

Changed fork oil using a syringe and hose. 260ml out and that much back in. Easy job.

Then changed brake fluid. The rear reservoir is in a difficult place to top off so I zip tied it to the frame. Not sure if there's a better way but it made it easier.
9ab670fe21f5a11f660d62aeadb446f2.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Swapped out the pegs for the SW-M adjustable pegs that I bought on sale. Took longer to read the instructions than to perform the swap! It was nice having the option of peg placement and angle, but the main reason for me swapping it out is the fall/winter weather that will be approaching, as well as an improvement (small) in comfort. I ride rain or shine and having the bigger surface area and more aggressive grip helps. I noticed less vibration too. Expensive, but happy with the upgrade!

Couple of observations.
1. I’m a sucker for good deals.
2. Rok straps are awesome.
That is all.

05871fe8d9b8843f0293767bb7b4a948.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week my air box temp sensor stopped working properly (was running crappy) ordered a new one, through in 2 new spark plugs when I replaced it and bike was running great again. Wed my leg was cooking on the ride home but it was lower 80's and my ride is almost entirely freeway, no overheating light so I kept going, get home do some poking around figure out my fans not coming on because my water temp sensor isn't working, WTH? 80,000 miles nothing then 2 sensors in a week [emoji848]
Still, hasn't actually broken anything or left me stranded so there's that

Last week my air box temp sensor stopped working properly (was running crappy) ordered a new one, through in 2 new spark plugs when I replaced it and bike was running great again. Wed my leg was cooking on the ride home but it was lower 80's and my ride is almost entirely freeway, no overheating light so I kept going, get home do some poking around figure out my fans not coming on because my water temp sensor isn't working, WTH? 80,000 miles nothing then 2 sensors in a week [emoji848]
Still, hasn't actually broken anything or left me stranded so there's that

Glad you got it fixed. I’m curious though. If the ride was mostly freeway, I wouldn’t expect fan operation to be called upon anyway, since there would be adequate air flow from movement. But you have 80,000 miles experience with the bike, so you would know. (Wearing earplugs, I’d never know if my fan was running or not). How did you diagnose the bad temperature sensor?

Last edited:
Glad you got it fixed. I’m curious though. If the ride was mostly freeway, I wouldn’t expect fan operation to be called upon anyway, since there would be adequate air flow from movement. But you have 80,000 miles experience with the bike, so you would know. (Wearing earplugs, I’d never know if my fan was running or not). How did you diagnose the bad temperature sensor?
The fan isn't loud enough to hear with the motorcycle running, you've got to actually look. My assumption is the fan has so many blades that when it's needed but not running it's actually blocking a large area from letting air flow through, that or I've got other cooling problems [emoji15] gosh I hope not.
The fan diagnosis is the same as a cars, I new the engine was hot enough it should be on and it wasn't so I checked the relay (no change) so i checked the water temp sensor, as soon as I unplugged it, the fan came on, so the sensor isn't sending the correct information. That is good news because the fan motor is expensive so I'm glad it wasn't that.
I'm still waiting on the temp sensor so I'll report back if that does or doesn't fix my problem.

Side note about the 80,000 mile experience. When I first got my NC (sometime within the first year) I checked the valves and did other maintenance and had the clear tube that's for collecting access oil blocking the fan when I put it back together that was the beginning of December I didn't notice until the next valve check in March because of the cold weather and wearing riding gear over my clothing, not sure how much the fan tried coming on but it didn't brake the fan or even blow the fuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back