• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I replaced all the bulb lights with LED.

Front is a Cyclops 7000 lumen and the turn signals are 1156 and 1157 bulbs from super brightleds.com

I got a relay replacement from eBay.
Ordered both the clear and the smoke lenses, still waiting on those.

f44f4501efd2ae0844ad1ef28edcaf1b.jpg

Spare parts:
8fddee065cc6c7f8059553b700743c6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With the cyclops how did the runber grommet work?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

With the cyclops how did the runber grommet work?

I had to cut a small bit off. The Cyclops led unit separates from the flange mount so it’s easy to mount just the flange, then the big rubber boot, then the led unit screws into the flange with a quarter twist.

I had to cut a small bit off. The Cyclops led unit separates from the flange mount so it’s easy to mount just the flange, then the big rubber boot, then the led unit screws into the flange with a quarter twist.
So you just took a little off the interior edge of the grommet to get the clearance?

Ulock some hidden horsepower in my NC700S DCT 35kW
[video=youtube_share;_QuVt2BU46I]https://youtu.be/_QuVt2BU46I[/video]

I installed the Denali SoundBomb dual air horn the PO gave me. He had the foresight to buy the wiring harness and the bike specific mounting bracket, which made it easier. The only drama was what to do with all the extra wire and believing that it goes there. VERY loud. :eek:

Attachments

• Horn.jpg
    Horn.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 167
Finally got off my butt and worked on my rear wheel. Bearings installed using a 1 5/16" socket as a driver as the od was 0.050 smaller than the outer bearing race. Picked up from Princess Auto which is as close as you can get to Harbor Freight in Canada. Looks shiny with the new rear sprocket. Wheel balanced and rear brake pads removed. The old tire makes a nice support table. The Missus wants me finished before we go on holidays...slave driver...

tire3-2-18.jpg

No maintenance needed since replacing the missing rear axle nut a couple months ago. Just ride, 92 mile round trip, to the gym 3 days a week. Routine. Did fill the chain oiler reservoir the other day with 90W Hypoid oil. Clean the chain occasionally with WD-40. No chain adjustments needed.

I still miss my ST1100.

1. Added a "Bling-Bling Sprocket Cover" awhile back........was pretty dang cheap from China. It's not a perfect cover tho as it will allow "flungie" (oil flung from the sprocket) to accumulate in front of the sprocket where the OEM cover had a guard there. Oh well, we'll see........

2. "Wallered-out" (that's Alabama red-neck talk) the front hole in the bellypan a bit (more air flow, and "no" I don't think it needed more air flow to begin with but I chose to do it anyway) and added a screen mesh. Next will be a Fenda-Extenda added to the back of the fender to keep crud off the mesh. (NOTE: a cute little prize for the person who see's something not "normal" in the second pic....excluding the gold caliper..........??????).

P3030007.jpgP3030006.jpg

(NOTE: a cute little prize for the person who see's something not "normal" in the second pic....excluding the gold caliper..........??????).

A clutch cover guard?

Last edited:
Installed my new to me rear rack. So happy that I no longer need to take my key out of my ignition to refuel!! But more than anything, I got the rack to put my Giant Loop Great Basin bag over it. Have yet to do a fit test as I’m also planning to install a 1 gallon rotopax. All this is in preparation for a trip to Baja end of the year.

deb7e2d6f3e5bbe8e2c8ce9b1dbdcab9.jpg

I prefer my fuel cap hidden behind a lock. Too many a$$holes out there. Sugar or gravel do not make a good fuel additive.

I prefer my fuel cap hidden behind a lock. Too many a$$holes out there. Sugar or gravel do not make a good fuel additive.

Never understood the fact that motorcycle gas caps lock. No one worries about their car and truck fuel cap Having no lock. At least that's the case in 95+% of vehicles in the states.

Never understood the fact that motorcycle gas caps lock. No one worries about their car and truck fuel cap Having no lock. At least that's the case in 95+% of vehicles in the states.

And many new cars have no “gas cap” at all. Although many are behind latched fuel doors that have to be released from inside the car. I guess if gas gets back to $5+ a gallon we’ll see a boom in locking gas caps again.

Sugar or gravel probably wouldn’t make a good oil additive either, but I’ve yet to see a locking dipstick on a motorcycle.

If anyone desires a locking gas cap on their NC700X, you can obtain one from the Honda Ruckus parts list. It fits the NC fuel tank and it does lock.

17620-GEV-761

1F09F4B4-797F-4864-ACE3-4C193882AAC3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back