• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charged up my bluetooth stuff and moved the GPS, gloves, jump starter, etc over from the 'Wing for a ride tomorrow before the next set of storms comes through.

Sunny and cool yesterday; started out in the upper 40's and ended in the mid 50s. I rode the bike over to Utica, Indiana thru the old ammunition plant to see how much flood damage they had (Ohio River) and some of the houses are no longer there...then rode along river road into Jeffersonville over to New Albany and then up thru the Knobs back home. Many curves, hills and sunny. Most of the sand, cinders are off the road from the winter road treatments.

Not a thing: mother nature having issues with her calendar; first day of spring and we have this (southern Indiana, 28 miles north of Louisville Ky); had 6" of the white stuff when I left for work this morning at 530am-supposed to snow until noon:
winter.jpg

Last weekend before the snow hit I got the NC out to the Brooklyn Navy Yard for a software hackathon. Cool coworking incubator space out there, and NC looked right at home.

20180323_104436.jpg

20180317_100418.jpg

20180323_104503.jpg

Last edited:
Went out to the shed and looked at the bike. Going to be 2" of rain today, highs in the upper 30s and 15-20 miles east of my house, up to 6" of snow forecasted. Need to put in a missing person report for Mother Nature. Spring has definitely not sprung....arghh...
Next week, supposed to have days in the low-mid 60s; however, more and more rain....

I rode to Tulsa for an IDPA match (International Defensive Pistol Association.)
I shot ok but had some mental errors.
It was cloudy riding down on Route 66, but the sun came out for the match and the ride home.
I came home through the nice rides around Grand Lake.
About 215 miles. It felt like much stronger winds than the weather service said.

When I got home I had a Shiner bock, washed the bike, and lubed the chain.

Last edited:
I pulled the covers off the bike, knocked the winter dust and crud off the bike. Lubed the chain. I think I need to tension the chain but I haven't done that before. Hopefully it isn't a complicated process.

Reworked the right mirror mount with the hand guard. For some reason that mirror continues to work itself loose. I suspect it is the hand guard that makes contact with the windshield that is partially to blame and moves the mirror. Even after moving the windshield forward and down all the way on the Madstad mount it still makes contact. I already have the 2" riser on the bike so I am going to have to figure out a better solution this year. I am thinking about changing out those hand guards soon as a starting point.

Took the bike for a short spin through the neighborhood and felt pretty good to have the bike out. Really windy today so the trip was short it it was nice.

I got rid of my crappy tool tubes:

22716ef0a6ee191a0e1c4e8c45905563.jpg

And replaced them with giant audio cassettes!

eb5c27c8f955601a1d6de6380c8e5bbb.jpg

Just kidding, it’s the GIVI S250 Tool Box:

9b6ef7344ab3473f6aefc383c3a72618.jpg

1689cac6c023d89e57e58ad00ed85807.jpg

The big difference is that these boxes are bigger than the tool tubes and they lock. There little removable shelves that separate stuff.

I can now carry my tire repair kit, (air pump, hole plugging things) along with my wrench toolkit and front disc lock.

I bought a bunch of lock cores so that all 5 if my GIVI boxes ( side cases, top case, tool tubes) use the same key.

I was tired after a long walk and swinging my leg with walking boots on over the seat ,I caught the seat with the sharpish lace holder at the top of my boots and ripped my seat :( Nothing a bit of duck tape couldn't save but I don't look as friendly at my walking boots no more) .

Installed the new OEM windshield to replace the Givi one that was cracked. I hope this one doesnt crack as easily as the Givi one.

EDIT: and... moved it a step up to make room for the homemade phone mount. (took the angle grinder with flap disc to the brackets to make room)
Also changed the angle using 2 nuts as spacers

Last edited:
I got some gold valves for the fork, along with some .85 springs from a forum member. Spent the day cleaning the forks, installing some gold valves, cutting new spacers, adding some fresh fluid, and ended up with a great feeling front end. Now if the snow will melt, we can try it out.

Tuono shock is waiting patiently on the parts bench for the correct spring and install.....we are traveling down to Asheville, NC in 2 weeks, I spoke with Jerry at Ohlins about a spring for the Tuono shock, he said if I would be in the area to stop by with the shock, he would install the spring for me, help with shock setup, and give me a tour of the Ohlins facility, very stoked!

On Saturday, we did get around 2" of rain along with sleet-it rained, sleet, rain, sleet, most of the day with sleet ending up being the last. Got up Sunday morning and deck was white with all of the ice pellets. It did warm up to mid 40s and around 2pm yesterday (Sunday) after all the sleet had melted, rode the bike for about an hour-yea.... going to be in the 60s Tuesday-Thursday this week, but with 40-60% rain forecasted for each day-argh, with cold front moving in for the weekend, with more snow in the forecast for next week-paging mother nature to the white phone......

Got my ‘15 back from the dealer after getting its 16K service (wanted to clearly preserve the extended warranty), and I put a new chain and sprockets on (stayed with the OEM arrangement). The dealer apparently spilled coolant as part of the “service” so it sloshed down the right side of the bike on the ride home. once I confirmed it was just some spill and not a loose hose or other problem, I went from furious to just mad considering the shop charges $75/hr and can’t wipe up a spill.

Given miles and time left on the warranty, that should be the last time the dealer will see the bike (other than if there is warranty work). [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my ‘15 back from the dealer after getting its 16K service (wanted to clearly preserve the extended warranty), and I put a new chain and sprockets on (stayed with the OEM arrangement). The dealer apparently spilled coolant as part of the “service” so it sloshed down the right side of the bike on the ride home. once I confirmed it was just some spill and not a loose hose or other problem, I went from furious to just mad considering the shop charges $75/hr and can’t wipe up a spill.

Given miles and time left on the warranty, that should be the last time the dealer will see the bike (other than if there is warranty work). [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never a good feeling when you have to follow up like that after the “professionals” had it. And it always calls into question everything else they did.(or didn’t do) :mad:

Hey Ya'all! This evening my eldest son and i were busy little bees on my NC700x. We warmed up the bike, and changed the oil and oil filter. I went with KN204 filter and Rotella T6 full synthetic. We installed a brand new DanMoto SS mid-pipe and SS XG-1 slip-on muffler(more of a straight pipe actually). Boy-Howdy did it "bark/crack to life" when we fired it up to test for oil pressure and leaks. We installed a new Kuryakyn throttle Cruise Control. We also installed a new Honda center stand, gotta love a center stand. I/we can't wait for the next decent day to take it for a quick ride and see how it all works! I also have a new 17T primary sprocket sitting in my tool box waiting for a few more miles on the bike to test what mpg gains if any, i'm getting with the exhaust and K+N air filter. Then we'll get the sprocket on and see what happens with that! :{)
NC700x new parts.jpg
NC700x new parts2.jpg
NC700x new parts3.jpg

Last edited:
Center stand = worth its weight in gold
Quality time with the “eldest son” = priceless

I got rid of my crappy tool tubes:

22716ef0a6ee191a0e1c4e8c45905563.jpg

And replaced them with giant audio cassettes!

eb5c27c8f955601a1d6de6380c8e5bbb.jpg

Just kidding, it’s the GIVI S250 Tool Box:

9b6ef7344ab3473f6aefc383c3a72618.jpg

1689cac6c023d89e57e58ad00ed85807.jpg

The big difference is that these boxes are bigger than the tool tubes and they lock. There little removable shelves that separate stuff.

I can now carry my tire repair kit, (air pump, hole plugging things) along with my wrench toolkit and front disc lock.

I bought a bunch of lock cores so that all 5 if my GIVI boxes ( side cases, top case, tool tubes) use the same key.

Very nice! What is the part number for the Givi "cassette"? Do they have plans to upgrade to a CD? Or they gonna jump from there directly to an ipod? LOL

Well I decided I am going to try and rework my hand guards hitting the windshield issue. It is driving me a little nuts. I hate the idea I may have to replace the Madstad so I am trying to replace the hand guards first. I just ordered the Givi hand guards in the hope that there might be a little more clearance to the windshield.

I have read others post that they still had the Givi hand guards hit the windshield so I am trying not to get my hopes up. I am thinking that with the 2" riser on the bike it might clear it with the windshield all the way forward. I guess I will find out. If that doesn't work then I will look at possibly replacing the windshield. I saw others post in threads that the Vstream does not hit the Givi hand guards. But I am unclear if you need to also get the Palmer mount for that or if the stock Vstream mount will work. If you guys happen to know that would be great.

I received the email notification that the hand guards and the engine guard both shipped today. So hopefully that is a good sign that the wait won't be too long. Others reported long delays from the eBay seller out of Hong Kong for the engine guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back