• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lowered mine yesterday with Soupy's links. I cut a section out of the side stand, and put a piece of rod inside for strength. I'm taking it to a friend today to get it welded.

On a side note, how are you all posting your pictures these days. I've always used photobucket, but I've heard they're charging a fee now?

On a side note, how are you all posting your pictures these days. I've always used photobucket, but I've heard they're charging a fee now?

At the top of the text edit window, click on the icon that looks like a square with a tree in it. Upload the jpeg photo to the forum. The photo will be placed in the post wherever the cursor was at at the time of upload.

53D05D95-AAAE-419A-AFC7-BE433C5F9CB9.jpg

CC754541-5092-4777-A34E-512983CC9F58.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, back on subject! Here is my kickstand ready to weld, sand, and paint. I put it together and actually bolted it back on once to make sure of the height, then took it back off.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Normal Commute except - I actually had to wear SUNGLASSES! I can't remember the last time I needed them. It seems like it's been a long, cloudy winter.
COME ON, SUMMER!
>T

The rain held off yesterday evening and I was able to take my bike instead of my car to an evening IT professional's meeting, held this month in the meeting room of a busy-ish pub in an area where parking can be hard to find in the evening hours due to mixed residential/business use street parking, and a lack of conveniently-placed lots. Squeezed into a small opening between cars, easy-peasy, with the bike. Sure made parking a lot less difficult. And, of course, riding the bike was a nice end of the day treat, too.

I had to wait forever for a part so I got all the maintenance up to date: coolant change, valve adjustment (not out of spec after 10K miles so I'll look again in 16K more.), brake bleed, oil change, new drive sprocket (8K miles on chain but I want to see if the $20 gets me a few more miles.), and a cleaning of the rear brake caliper.

All that because I had to replace the rear wheel bearings at 37,000 miles. The right side bearing was bad. I'm not sure if related, but the cush drive was sloppy. It was so bad that the sprocket carrier almost fell off. So I had to replace that too.

I took a great Easter ride (250 miles) with my NC.

Pics here (text in French, sorry) :
Viree de Paques – jour 1 | Le blog de Jos

DSC02615.jpg

Not really NC700 related but...

Helped the girlfriend choose, negotiate and buy her first bike.

2014, 1400 miles, $3990 OTD.

f5e1c3ce2cc22789d458d48052176c8d.jpg

I rode it 100 miles home from the dealer on the freeway at 40 degrees out. No windshield, it tops out at 85mph.

See the DCT guy can work a shifter/clutch!

I took a great Easter ride (250 miles) with my NC.

Pics here (text in French, sorry) :
Viree de Paques – jour 1 | Le blog de Jos

Those are fabulous pictures. In ANY language :)

Last edited:
Took my first ride yesterday after lowering the NC, very pleased. I also recieved my Givi e21 side cases, and SW Motech racks in the mail. Givi case adapters are on the way. As soon as I get them on I'll post pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back