• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to remove the winter liner, open air flow inlets on the jacket, and get the summer gloves yesterday. 27 celsius (80) for the ride home ;)

Cant ride-waiting for new rear tire to be delivered. Mother nature trying to kill us with sickness this spring. 78'F high on Tuesday, 48'F high yesterday and around 53'F high for today-tomorrow and Saturday-mid 60s..low at my house this morning was 28'F while Tuesday morning it was 62'F...

Cant ride-waiting for new rear tire to be delivered. Mother nature trying to kill us with sickness this spring. 78'F high on Tuesday, 48'F high yesterday and around 53'F high for today-tomorrow and Saturday-mid 60s..low at my house this morning was 28'F while Tuesday morning it was 62'F...
Be happy that you are seeing some warm days. Snowed again last night. Melting off now. Supposedly we will see 48 today and 60 on Monday! Been around 34 for the last 5 days

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Another great commute to and from work.

I decided to order a Delkevic slip-on muffler.

Should look like this:

Attachments

• Muff.jpg
    Muff.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 248
Seat Concepts

After owning NC for 5 years, finally got a new seat. Wife bought me a Seat Concepts for anniversary present. My Stanley electric stapler died mid project, so I went to Home Depot and bought Arrow PT50 stapler. I already own Harbor Freight pneumatic brad nailer, so I thought I would try a pneumatic stapler. It works great, and is about half the size of regular pneumatic gun.
I noticed other guys that did the Seat Concepts themselves made the surface way too smooth. I left plenty of wrinkles in mine for that custom look. Hit me up if you need tips on how to leave extra material bunched up around the front of the seat.
WrinkledSeat.jpg

Got the bike insured today. Weather was beautiful to start the first day of riding for the year. Rode to the office to practice some slow speed maneuvers and emergency stops. Worked very well to scrub in the tires a bit. The bike feels smooth and crisp after the maintenance(rear wheel bearings, rear tire, lubing swing arm, rear brakes, front/rear sprocket, chain, oil change and air filter). Also had some velcro replaced on my boots that performed perfectly. A$15 investment to get more life out of my boots...let the commuting begin :)
P1030832.jpg

My daily commute is only 3.5 miles but I have fun every time rain or shine. It might be another week or so before I can the bike out if we don't get another dumping of snow.

Same here! Short, but I love it. Sometimes I’ll take the scenic route! Ha! Only makes it about 7-10 total miles one way.

I have the Delkevic 9” oval and love it!
I agree a nice aftermarket muffler really makes this motorcycle sound like a motorcycle should and still not obnoxious either. #1 daughter's NC700XD has a DanMoto slip on exhaust and it sounds good for $135. #2 daughter has a 2 Brothers exhaust and it sounds a bit more throaty but not $300 better. Still it makes a world of difference to me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yesterday, perfect weather. Spring decided to appear. Forecast was for low 60s but ended up being in low 70s..:)
Got my new Shinko Raven tire installed and rode to scrub it in; put over 200 miles on the tire yesterday.
I rode over to Rabbit Hash Ky; for some reason, this place has become a motorcycle destination place. It has an new old general store; it burned down a couple of years ago, and they rebuilt it-due to being in a historical area, they had to find construction wood from the same time period as the original store-sometime in the 1800s-lucky they found an old farm barn and was able to use the wood from the barn.
Rabbit Hash.jpg
Mostly the HD crowds, with a few crotch rockets. There were 2 V-Stroms and one new CTX 700...

Last edited:
Looks like the perfect place to ride into and prowl around. And what a name; Rabbit Hash. Yup, perfect. :cool:

MSTA Ride To Eat

Week or so ago cleaned & lubed during a nice weekend. Rode to work twice, then it snowed again and the temps stayed too low!! This Saturday I had a chance to meet up with some fellow MSTA folks and go for a ride to eat lunch/meet up. Decided that was a good way to make up for the lack of riding time so far this year!

275 mile round trip, all back roads, to eat lunch. Not a bad Saturday at all. Started at 28ºF at 07:15, but the forecast called for mid 50's by lunch! So met some new friends and got a nice ride, plus a decent lunch = a good Saturday!!

2018-04-21-13.04.08-web.jpg

Be sure and give us some feedback on your Shinko Raven radial tire now.

so far, so good. Have to wait until rain/wet to determine. When I went to order the tire at the mom/pop shop, I had intended to just order the same Kenda K671 tire I had on the bike. However, the Shinko rep was in the shop and I mentioned to him what I was looking for-I like the Kenda but no threads in the middle=no wear indicator in the middle. He had a Raven tire, showed me there was threads in the middle and The price was only about $10 more than the Kenda. He mentioned, people first buy Shinkos for the price, then keep buying them because they like them.

I really do like it on the dry. Only got the Raven on the rear, still have a Kenda on the front and when I ride into curves, the bikes just nestles over easy- no conflict between the make/model/thread pattern of tires. It was sticking like glue, good grip, good 'feel'. Now I am not a knee dragging fool, but I did hit some of the curves on US42 west of Florence at a good clip. The Kendas K671 are good tires, very inexpensive tires-they don't have the exact oem size, but a 150/70/17 on the rear fit (as you all know, oem size is 160/60/17) and I had to go up 10 on the middle # for the front tire. I got 8000 miles on the rear Kenda, but with no wear indicator in the middle, I hit cords in less than 150 miles from last inspection of the tire. I had the Kendas on the bike last year at KSL and rode home back thru the Dragon in the rain and the tire felt good in the wet, but I did take my slow a$$ time-took me 2 hours to get to Knoxville.

If the Raven gets at least 8000 miles on the rear-I will stick to it if I have confidence on it on wet pavement.
I will have to get it up on the Interstate this week sometime and see how it feels at higher speed. Highest I got on it yesterday was 64mph.

Saturday - de-winterize. New oil and DCT filters and oil, inspection, tightened chain and dusted it off. Sunday, 60's and sunny in Portland - spent the morning getting to know my old friend in the back-country. Awesome!

I cleaned and lubed the chain, cleaned off the road dirt from last year, reset the clock, removed a set of Kuryakyn highway pegs (which I will be putting up for sale soon), installed a pair of Mutazu engine bars, and put on about 75 miles on some twisting back roads. Not a bad day!Bars front.jpgLt Peg 2.jpgRt Peg.jpg

I thought I had this picture thing figured out. Oh well, I guess not.

If you take portrait mode pictures with an iPhone and post them directly to the forum, they will post 90 degrees rotated. If you are perhaps left handed or otherwise choose to take landscape iPhone photos with the shutter button on the left, the photos will post upside down. Without modifying them, the only way iPhone photos post correctly is with landscape mode and shutter button on the right.

Be sure and give us some feedback on your Shinko Raven radial tire now.

I have a Shinko Raven on the front and I like it. The only strange thing was that on the initial rides after tire installation, the steering felt very sensitive to inputs. Another forum member confirmed the same. After 500 miles of break-in the feeling was "normal."

The Raven is in the same good value price range as the Continental Motion, but I think it was softer and easier to install. The Motions have stiff sidewalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back