• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode up to Parsons, Kansas, to see a high school playoff game. There was no shade anywhere, so I did not stay long.

You guys are missing great riding. Yes there is rain in the area of ksl but we had 10 miles of rain today, no raingear and didn't get wet .
5e095d8f94261471fae5631b32d278fa.jpg

Sent from my Z917VL using Tapatalk

So yesterday i made a trip north of me to Sandpoint Idaho to a neat place there called "PanHandler Pies" where i enjoyed a delicious piece of their home made "RazzleBerry". I'd never heard of that before, so the little waitress said it was a mixture of a few select berries and she recommended it. Man it was delicious, luckily i limited myself to only one piece heh! Made the trip home by way of Bayview Idaho and visited a neat old Naval base from WWII. The guards even let me take a picture of my NC700 in front of their naval base sign, pretty cool!
NC700x PanHandler Pie run.jpg
NC700x Farragut Naval Base run2.jpg

I didn't top off my tank until this morning to see that i had gotten 83.6 MPG, pretty darn good for the ole NC! Last night i scored a tall factory windscreen from a buddy who had just purchased and installed a really big 24" windscreen so i got his old one for free.99!! So this morning i quickly removed my old bikini factory windscreen and installed the new to me tall factory windscreen. Of course, i had to take it for a test ride today.
NC700 new to me factory tall windscreen.jpg

I rode out to a beautiful area called the "Coeurd'Alene River Rd". I stopped off at the Enaville Snake Pit for a delicious Bacon Cheese Burger, fries and of course a piece of PIE!!
NC700 snake pit PIE may 19th 2018.jpg
NC700 snake pit may 19th 2018.jpg

When i topped off the tank and road 102 miles of the beautifully windy river road the pump stopped at 1.03 gallons. After i confirmed the level in the tank, yup its full. I confirmed the trip-meter, yup its 102.3 miles. And i rechecked the pump, yup 1.03 gallons.....WHOOHOOOT!!! That's a new personal best of 99.32 MPG!! I sat upright and comfortable, steady speeds of 45-50 mph along the river rd, stopping several times for scenery and pictures. It would seem that the NC really likes the tall windscreen with my height and always a freshly lubed chain! Now, i've got to get that 17T sprocket installed and see what we get with that!!
:{)

Last edited:
Spent the day riding the old 224 from Oregon City to Detroit Lake - one of the coolest MC roads in my area, it follows the Clackamas River with beautiful scenery and twisties. Had the road almost to myself - a Mazda Miata club and a Ducati group were the only ones out there other than an odd or end fisherman. 200 miles in all.

Attachments

• nc700.jpg
    nc700.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 214
My amazing, forgiving, patient wife (of 46 years) and I took Skookum up into the hills above Shelton, WA to visit the "High Steel Bridge". The old bridge is 600 feet long and over 400 feet above the Skokomish River. It was originally built to support a logging rail line that opened up a large area of forest that was previously inaccessible.

image.jpg

It was later converted to a normal roadbed to allow the use of logging trucks.

image.jpg

The road leading into the woods runs through some scenic farmland with a terrific road.... Until it turns to gravel and we started testing my 100%-street Roadsmart II tires. We really had no problem, other than having to avoid some serious potholes and ripples. Note to self - the NC is a commuter bike, not and off-road adventure bike.

image.jpg

BTW. The railing on the sides of the bridge are a little less than waist high. When sitting upright on the NC, they seem to completely disappear. One of those hair-raising sort of moments, if you know what I mean.

All in all, a great day with terrific weather. Geez, I love this bike...
image.jpg

>Thom

Took a quick 40 mile trip down the interstate at 75 mph to test out my new Shoei Neotec 2 helmet. I am very happy with it. My size medium is a tight fit in the frunk.

Last edited:
Got up at 5am yesterday morning at KSL 9.0. Stars were bright and beautiful. Loaded up bike at 6am, made a pot of coffee, drank a cup and hit the road at 631am. Rode thru the Dragon and up to Knoxsville, hit the superslab and at 1225pm, pulled into driveway at home. No rain, sunny, perfect temps. Even on superslab it was a great ride. Now to order front and rear brake pads and new chain for the bike. Wore out the pads at KSL. Chain has 1 tight spot and cleaning, lubing, waxing didn't untighten the spot so will replace it in the near future. 6 hours from KSL to home, not bad day.

Hey Oly....""((My amazing, forgiving, patient wife (of 46 years))"". Congrats on 46 years, that's simply incredible nowadays!! I have one of those too, 25 years this fall, they're rare. :{)

Went to the top of Sonora pass, very cold but pretty up there. This time of the year you have to be careful of the sand they have used on roads!
Sonora pass.jpg

I have 6 employees in our small business and NONE of them were even born at the time of our marriage in '72 ( You Know.. Way back in the 20th century). When they hear that we've been married 46 years, their response is usually 'NoWay!' I don't think they can even comprehend the reality of it.

Congrats on yours. It looks like we both caught keepers. :)
>T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back