• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode up to Kennedy Meadows for lunch today with my Brother. Went down into Beardsley lake and also stopped at Donnell lookout. Absolutely Gorgeous in the Sierras today!!!

IMG_20180629_153104.jpg
IMG_20180629_152145~2.jpg

Today i rode 446 miles and visited 3 Canadian border crossings, well.... for no other reason then to see them and to search for another great place to have PIE!

Idaho has such nice and welcoming Border Crossings for our northern neighbors...Aah.
East Port border crossing ride.jpg

Washington...well not so much!
Metaline Falls border crossing.jpg

...and the best part of the trip! I found this at the Beaver Lodge & Campground, located on Washington State Hwy20, about mile marker 389, between Colville and Tiger Junction. They have new owners, pleasant/smiling staff, great food and delicious and freshly made/Still hot PIE!! :{)
Beaver Lodge PIE.JPG

Today i rode 446 miles and visited 3 Canadian border crossings, well.... for no other reason then to see them and to search for another great place to have PIE!

...and the best part of the trip...delicious and freshly made/Still hot PIE!! :{)
View attachment 36695
Such a great endeavor! I think the search for pie should warrant its own thread with a location map.

Ray

Did about 160 miles before noon Saturday. Rode with daughter and her Rebel 500. Heat and humidity got to us. Did find a store with may name, pre-Civil War structure. I actually know one of the decedents of the owners. No relation....I think.

IMG_0086-M.jpg

IMG_0091-M.jpg

IMG_0060-M.jpg

Did about 160 miles before noon Saturday. Rode with daughter and her Rebel 500. Heat and humidity got to us. Did find a store with may name, pre-Civil War structure. I actually know one of the decedents of the owners. No relation....I think.

IMG_0086-M.jpg

IMG_0091-M.jpg

IMG_0060-M.jpg
Yeah, I can imagine that the heat and humidity did zap you. We are at 89 F and 85 or more humidity. Hopefully this southern weather will leave us soon. [emoji52]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IMG_0086-M.jpg

IMG_0091-M.jpg

IMG_0060-M.jpg

Dale, glad to see you are out riding again...Yea!!!! Even too hot for me to ride this past weekend. Rode about 1.5 hours on Saturday-97'F with 88% humidity got the best of me so yesterday (about the same temp and humidity) I stayed at home; did wash/wax my car, C50 Boulevard and the NC700x- took multiple breaks to go inside to get cold liquids and some ac....
How is your daughter liking the Rebel 500? When I see one I want to hop on it and try it out....

Just a short ride around. No need to go anywhere, and by 10 a.m. it will be too hot.
As the old song says, “with no particular place to go.”

David, she's liking the Rebel so far. It was about the only bike we could find that fit her. I added risers to the bars, but still a little reach for her. Mid controls, which she needed. So far, about 600 miles, she likes it. It will have enough oomph to take some modest trips. I rode it home for her and its a pleasant bike. Good engine. Tuned for a little more torque than the CB. It is a little cramped for me. Hard to know where to put your feet at stops. Pegs get in the way.

I had the old wind screen laying around and we put that on. She's happy about that. She got the back rest as a Christmas present. Plan to add luggage eventually. I also gave her a USB power outlet that I wired behind the headlight so its switched. Need to look into a tach.

Such a great endeavor! I think the search for pie should warrant its own thread with a location map.

Ray

I Agree!! I can start a thread for it but have no idea how to do the MAP part.... So I'll just leave that up to you more experienced folks! :{)

Last edited:
rode in to work today, to make sure I didnt forget how. Heading up Thursday AM to Lexington, Ohio at Mid-Ohio Raceway for the AMA VMD event. Hope to see some of you all up there. From the house, will be a 320 mile trip up I-71, and I hate expressways. But once there, it will be a blast.

I actually just read about the Vintage Motorcycle Days in the AMA magazine and thought it sounded cool. I wasn't able to make it out this year, but how was it? Did you go multiple days or is just one day "enough"?

It starts Thursday. But it will be a blast. I am heading up with the rest of the group Thursday morning and will be there through Sunday. Demo rides, racing, swap meet, all kinds of fun all over the raceway. It is a definite must see. Considering you havent missed it yet, there is still time to come.

Hey FP, hope you get to go somewhere new! I too am off from work tomorrow. So i'm going to ride up to the Canadian border crossing just north of me a couple of hours and meet up with Tim "Tewster2". He is returning to the states from an incredible ride up to Alaska. Be great to meet up with him, share a meal and some stories. Really looking forward to it! :{)

It starts Thursday. But it will be a blast. I am heading up with the rest of the group Thursday morning and will be there through Sunday. Demo rides, racing, swap meet, all kinds of fun all over the raceway. It is a definite must see. Considering you havent missed it yet, there is still time to come.

Hey Deck, have you been in years past? Have you seen any of the Craig Vetter streamlined motorcycles competing there? I heard he was running some "Fuel Challenge races" there in years past and several of the guys turned in some impressive MPG's!!! :{)

Oh, for some reason I thought it was this past weekend! Good thing I didn't take the drive out (10+ hours)!! But even still, I don't believe this weekend will work for my either. Oh well, maybe another year.

Went on an early morning 175 mile round trip ride for the NC Tag game to get to the nearest large active saw mill. Great ride, my step-son came along on his GS. I got to try out my new Sargent seat (much better than factory seat) and my new Sena SRL headset. Came across a Pie shop along the way so I had to stop to get a picture for Rapturee.

NC tag 3.jpgNC tag 1.jpg

I tried to get my bike and the pie shop in the same picture, the guy that owns the pick-up came out and wanted to know why I was taking pictures of his truck.

Outstanding sir, that sounds like it was a great time. Got pictures, Got PIE...excellent! Time spent with your Stepson....priceless! I wish i would have been able to check the site and had received the update to the TAG game... Montana is well known for it's 2 seasons, yes only 2. Winter and Construction!! There were so many construction signs and many of them were specifically for bikes! ratz.... :{)

Last edited:
Yesterday i had the opportunity to take the day off and meet/make a new friend. He is somewhat of a Celebrity with many vids on YouTube(Tiny bike to Alaska, and several others). Tim is known as "Tewster2" on the ADV site. He has ridden to Alaska several times. i was able to meet up with him it Port Hill Idaho at the Canadian Border crossing and had a great visit.
Port Hill Mercantile store, canadian border crossing July 2018.jpg

and get a picture welcoming him back into the states!
NC700x with Tim Tew's DR650 at the Port Hill border crossing JULY 2018.jpg

We then took off to Moyie Springs, just north of Bonners Ferry Idaho for some lunch(no pie).
Tim Tew with the two bikes at US95 MNoyie truckstop July 2018.jpg

After lunch we headed over to Montana through Troy, Libby and ended up at his desired destination for the day in Kalispell Mt. We had a great time, shared a great ride, had lunch & supper together, laughed about some wild times he has had. We ended the time with a great friendship and i headed home. It was a 505 mile ride that day for me by the time i arrived at home. The Shad seats have about 1600 miles on them under my carcass and have worked great again, the highway pegs were priceless!
Tim Tew and I at the motel in Kalispell Mt July 2018.jpg

No biggie to all of you, but today I'll be making my longest venture yet, a whopping 30 miles to my FFL friend to drop off an old S&W 1076 for shipping. Some freeway, some backroad. 60 miles round trip will be the farthest I've taken this, or any other, motorcycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back