• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting some Shinko 805's and a SW-Motech skid plate added to my daughter bikes (NC700X DCT) this week.

She says she's ready to play in the dirt some. I'm interested to see what it feels like with a 17" knobby off pavement.

Good one Mahbin, i should have pointed out that i always wear foam earplugs in an attempt to save all that i have left...still half deaf lol!!

I enjoyed a 125 mile ride with my buddy Sam up to Priest Lake Idaho. Great day of riding, great time catching up with a friend on his NC700x! :{)

Last edited:
Last week, I trailered my NC from central Wisconsin to Pidgeon Forge for a few days of riding.... over 750 miles of the curvy parkways in the area.
Couldn’t make the NC Kickstand gathering this spring but I finally got out there this year for some solo riding. Great time. Nice weather. Little traffic.

So today i woke up to a coolant leak on the daughters 02' 3.8L Impala, nice. So after 4 hours of hunting down the source of the leak, stupid plastic 90' elbows at the heater lines/tensioner bracket i finally got that fixed with new Aluminum 90' elbows. THEN... I was able to do some fun stuff, like Installing my new ROX risers and a 39T rear sprocket. I also pulled the new Sit-n-Fly seat cover, didn't like it at all. I went for a brief ride and they seem ok. I'll have to do more testing another day. :{)

39T rear sprocket installed Sept 3rd 2018.jpg

Rox risers installed Sept 3rd 2018.jpg

Last edited:
So today i woke up to a coolant leak on the daughters 02' 3.8L Impala, nice. So after 4 hours of hunting down the source of the leak, stupid plastic 90' elbows at the heater lines/tensioner bracket i finally got that fixed with new Aluminum 90' elbows. THEN... I was able to do some fun stuff, like Installing my new ROX risers and a 39T rear sprocket. I also pulled the new Sit-n-Fly seat cover, didn't like it at all. I went for a brief ride and they seem ok. I'll have to do more testing another day. :{)

Did you need to remove two links from the chain when you went from a 43 to a 39?

Went for a ride over Ebbetts pass=hwy4, came to Monitor pass=hwy89, down to Walker valley=hwy395, then back to Sonora pass=hwy108.
Was fun except for the one lane on why 4, people in the cars can't seam to stay on there side of the road!!!
IMG_20180903_110421~2.jpg
00002IMG_00002_BURST20180903114659_COVER~2.jpg

Replaced the battery on Sunday after getting towed home Saturday (Thanks AMA membership for the free tow) when it flat died. Put it on a charger overnight and it took nothing. Probably some piece of debris shorted internally. Dunno. It lasted 26000 miles and 3.5 years. Not bad for the factory battery. I got the same battery that was on the bike (cant remember for the life of me) but it was $200...

Still need to get a front tire (what I was going to do this past weekend). Someone asked about the price on the Michelin Pilot Road 5 front, Cycle Gear lists it at $169 + $25 for install. I am going with the PR5 because Michelin stopped production on the PR4 in our size for the rear. When my rear goes out, I will get the PR5.

This week, not just today. Got the 20" Madstad shield installed along with Clearwater lights. Front wheel is at the shop waiting for new rubber to be installed. Haven't tested any of it since I realized I lost the new license plate (I put the new sticker on the old plate...). Had to get a new plate so maybe I'll get to test it tonight if the rain stays away...

I wasn't thrilled with the glare of the Clearwater lights for oncoming traffic based on testing in the yard. The yellow lens reduces glare so I'll leave them on for now. But they do appear to light up the road and they dim with the headlights (dimmer adjustment mounted to the handlebars). Since there seems to be a bit of glare, we have Denali lights on the way for my wife's Rebel 500 (ordered the dimmer connector too). I guess that means I'll have to do a comparison one night...

And my wife ordered LED bulbs off Amazon for her Mazda 3. Got those installed last night and liked them enough that we ordered some for the bikes. They're designed to mimic the halogen light pattern and claim DOT compliance.
03af679372e79914f76317772e9e2db2.jpg
8ef4b1c8a1e2b16ebcdd988ed087f4b9.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Nothing:p
Lots of rain here last couple of weeks.
I don't play the games I used to play with the storms. Too old for it I guess.
I did call the Race Tech guy and the shocks are not in yet.
Ho Humm.

Still primarily commuting on mine. Took it out on the freeway to get across town to the only non-ethanol gas station to fill it up (still only ~50MPG). I drove some nice back roads on the way back, but was continually behind some vehicle that took almost all the fun out of the ride (landscape truck... sure he's going to slam on the brakes at any moment.... seems to be looking for an address....)

Thanks to the $#@!$# .mil email system my wife never got the message that I was riding across town for gas, so she was worried when I didn't show up at home at my usual time.

..CHRIS.... you're going to beat the snot out of that bike with those knobby tires on it. Maybe put your street tires back on and tame it down a notch heh heh. WILD MAN!! :{)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back