• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019 Escape Derby Ride (Louisville, KY)

Deckyon

Reaction score
raven.deckyon.com
This is the 4th annual ride to get out of Louisville during the Kentucky Derby and the chaos it brings to the city. I am still getting the final location for the campsite; I am working with some people one the hammock forums for the location, but it will be southwest of Red River Gorge off US421 (Awesome road!) I created a FB event for it to track interest. Even if you are not wanting to camp, the ride in and around the area will be will worth it (David). We will be leaving out from the normal starting point of E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park on the east side of Louisville at 8AM, 04 May and returning 05 May.

Facebook Group: Escape Derby Ride

This is the 4th annual ride to get out of Louisville during the Kentucky Derby and the chaos it brings to the city. I am still getting the final location for the campsite; I am working with some people one the hammock forums for the location, but it will be southwest of Red River Gorge off US421 (Awesome road!) I created a FB event for it to track interest. Even if you are not wanting to camp, the ride in and around the area will be will worth it (David). We will be leaving out from the normal starting point of E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park on the east side of Louisville at 8AM, 04 May and returning 05 May.

Facebook Group: Escape Derby Ride

I am in, depending on the weather and work. The past 2 years the weather has been crummy and I had to work the past 2 Ky Derby Saturdays. I have been getting some low end camping gear together, I am going to try to moto camp this year and if I like it I will start purchasing high end gear....

I ended up going with a long, wide hammock and have to say, I wish I could hang it in the house. I can even sleep on my side, laying diagonally. If you're able to make it, should be a lot of people there with hammocks who can help as well. Most of where I end up riding are all hammock friendly, being there are a ton of trees. Out west, different story. I'd really have to upgrade my sleeping pad.

Back