• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Potter, have you given any thought to attending the meeting over in Nakusp this weekend..? I was trying to make it but plans have changed and i won't be able to attend this year. I do have my sights set on it for next year though, looks like a good time. :{)

Nakusp

It's bit far for me. Good ol google puts at at over seven hours of saddle time each way. It is also the peak season for the company I work for so time off in the summer would be an issue.

New mods

Added MRA X-creen Sport Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade to accompany the 22” Cee Bailey and Air Hawk Dual Sport Seat pad from Revzilla. My ears and back thank me. Both do great job, highly recommend!
C45D34A0-0533-497C-8E11-14D31204FB1B.jpg
5AA7F8E5-36B1-43FB-8BFC-096A6013CB0D.jpg

Attachments

• AA24502F-3764-48BF-BF2A-566BBFC680FF.jpg
    AA24502F-3764-48BF-BF2A-566BBFC680FF.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Ordered new tires to replace the OEM Dunlop’s, went with pirelli Diablos front and rear. More concerned with grip rather than long life for my riding style. Hoping to get them here and installed before next weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered new tires to replace the OEM Dunlop’s, went with pirelli Diablos front and rear. More concerned with grip rather than long life for my riding style. Hoping to get them here and installed before next weekend

I have never ran Pirellis, pricepoint just doesn't seem reasonable on the ones I have looked at. I will be ordering a set of the Michelin Powet RS tires soon for track/street use. $266 shipped for a set via Sportbike Track Gear.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have never ran Pirellis, pricepoint just doesn't seem reasonable on the ones I have looked at. I will be ordering a set of the Michelin Powet RS tires soon for track/street use. $266 shipped for a set via Sportbike Track Gear.

I got this set for about $220, shipped. Anxious to see what a difference they have over the dunlops

Daylight photos of the LED lights I installed on the side cases. You can see I drilled through the plastic to pull the wires, siliconed the holes (but they were very tightly fitted so probably not really necessary). The twist connects allow me to remove the boxes easily.

9e014022-1d47-4640-862f-f3138c4fd991-original.jpg

I got this set for about $220, shipped. Anxious to see what a difference they have over the dunlops

Where did you order from? What specific model tire? Is it just called the plain diablo? Or is it a diablo rosso with i, ii, iii? That is very cheap for a set of good tires.

They are the original diablos, the front can be found at most online retailers for appx $100 and the rear for not much more, they are less expensive because of all the newer generations of this tire (Rosso 2/3 etc).

The NEMO 2 chain oilers are both installed.

One of my NC750x, the other on the lovely wife's NC700x.

So far so good. One word of caution to other mechanical misfits and dimwits like myself, the Gidibi brand of NEMO 2 chain oilers do NOT come with instructions. Nor do they come with fancy boxes and glossy advertising. On the other hand, they cost about $20 less than some of the other identical NEMO 2 units. So that is a mighty expensive piece of paper you must get with the other boxes. If you buy the Gidibi brand be sure to go watch the instal videos; its a 30 minute job, start to finish, including clean up.

I consider any mechanical job a success when I need less than 2 trips to the hardware store and I don't bleed on the garage floor. So this was 2 successful installs. But somehow I got chain grease on my forehead :(

4e4170a9-6650-4c31-83eb-50c98dad8f21-original.jpg

Yesterday I installed the 2 NEMO 2 chain oilers. Didn't have time to test ride the bikes as I had plans for the evening.

This morning I took out my bike, ran out for a cup of coffee (30 miles southwest) looked at the oiler when I stopped and it was working perfectly. Took the long way home by heading away from home along a river road for a few more miles.

Got home just before lunch, jumped on my wife's bike and headed eastbound. Stopped about 15 miles out to check the oiler and it was slowly dripping oil onto the ground. I did NOT realize it but the way I had it adjusted the wheel nuts would made contact with the drip tube. As the rear wheel starting spinning the wheel nuts "re-adjusted" the position of the drip tube. So I changed the adjustment a bit and continued eastbound. Stopped in a small town to triple check my re-adjusted adjustment of the drip tube. Perfect. Good to go. Started northbound and made a big loop to get back home. Checked again at home, still perfect.

Regardless of brand, if you buy a chain oiler, from time to time you may want to check to make sure it is actually depositing oil where you want the oil deposited :)

Friend of mine and I went to Garvis Honda in Des Moines, IA for test-ride. He has BMW 1200RT and wanted to test Africa Twin, I wanted to try XR650 and NC750X. Since somebody tested AT right before we arrived to the dealership, my friend didn't get any problem to get AT. When I asked for XR, the lady at the front desk said it doesn't have battery?!?!? Then I asked for CRF250 Rally - no battery either. Then I asked for NC750 - it's not ready for test ride. Already very pissed off, asked her what #@%#@% can I test then at all?!? She offered me Kawasaki Versys?!? Then, really pissed off, told her "thank you, I'm going to test ride my own bike".
And, when we are leaving the building, she told to my friend to not go to far. "To the bridge and back, because we don't want to put a lot of miles on bikes". The best way to explain the distance is to show you on the Google map. My friend asked her does she really think a bike can be tested for that distance?
I just know that I'm not going to use their service any more. For sure.

Last edited:
Friend of mine and I went to Garvis Honda in Des Moines, IA for test-ride. He has BMW 1200RT and wanted to test Africa Twin, I wanted to try XR650 and NC750X. Since somebody tested AT right before we arrived to the dealership, my friend didn't get any problem to get AT. When I asked for XR, the lady at the front desk said it doesn't have battery?!?!? Then I asked for CRF250 Rally - no battery either. Then I asked for NC750 - it's not ready for test ride. Already very pissed off, asked her what #@%#@% can I test then at all?!? She offered me Kawasaki Versys?!? Then, really pissed off, told her "thank you, I'm going to test ride my own bike".
And, when we are leaving the building, she told to my friend to not go to far. "To the bridge and back, because we don't want to put a lot of miles on bikes". The best way to explain the distance is to show you on the Google map. My friend asked her does she really think a bike can be tested for that distance?
I just know that I'm not going to use their service any more. For sure.
Lol I live in north AL and was in Gulf Shores (south AL - 6 hrs south of home) on vacation last week. Been needing to change oil in the NC and since local honda dealers have closed where I live, nearest dealers are an hours' drive in two different directions. Was out for ice cream one night in Gulf Shores and noticed a Gulf Powersports dealer that sold Honda motorcycles. Called the next day to see if they had oil filter and dct filter in stock as I would drop by on the way home and grab stuff for oil change.

Dumbass old guy in parts dept on phone with me first said "I've never heard of that bike" then I repeated slowly it was an N-C-7-0-0-X (he thought I said ZX as in Kawasaki). He finally said "oh, ok, aint that a scooter?" ......it was difficult not to be a super asshole at this point. Said he was pulling up the parts fische and to give him a minute. Questioned my request for 2 different filters like that was strange, even though he claimed to know about the dct trans. Finally he said parts fische only listed one oil filter for it. I explained the deal with the dct and where the 2 filters are located. I didn't have the part numbers on hand at the time, so I told him I would do some research and call him back. Pulled up nc forum, sourced both part numbers and called him back. The only filter his parts fische pulled up was the dct filter, which is odd. He said there was nothing on the part number for the screw on filter and that it didn't prompt him for a parts fische for either manual or dct. At this point I was stupified. I told him I will just order the correct shit online and hung up. Got 4 qts gn4 oil, screw on filter, crush washer, dct filter, and o ring for $65 on ebay from a Honda dealer about 2 hours northwest of me. Damn tempted to take a picture of all of it with part numbers and email that dealer informing them they need more educated employees.

I figured they had to have a NC750X on their showroom, and how could they sell a new bike and not even know how to look up parts for a full oil change for it? Checked their site and no NC750X listed, although it looked like all other current Honda models were. Strange.

I'm glad I have a great dealership.

It's a small Honda shop, pretty old school set up, but they know bikes. In fact they know them so well that the service department fixes other brands and there are plenty of Suzuki, Kawasaki and even the occasional HD bikes that get serviced by their shop.

Only complaint I have is the shop is not big enough to carry all the stuff I want to buy. But they will order it!

I remember when I was visiting Guy the guy (1wiseguy2) for tech day, he ordered for me air-filter, and I picked it up on my way to the Guy's garage. Several "kids" in the store, as staff, bike enthusiasts. Those that work first half of the day in the dealership, and 2nd half of the day ride around. Very friendly, smiling, chatty... helpful... kids.
Contrary to that somber bi*** I had to deal yesterday...

Last edited:
115 miles (round trip) to have lunch.

Clams & Mussels w/andouille sausage in a white wine sauce. Magnolia Brewing's Pecan Nut Brown Ale. Band was playing under a tent. They had outdoor seating but its in the 90's and humid so I opted to sit inside. They have big overhead doors that open to the outside so I could hear the band fine but enjoyed the shade and still had a bit of a breeze.

Probably have 750 miles in the Corbin seat. My butt was a bit tender at the end the run but I think some of that might have been related to the fact that I was hot and sweaty from my feet to my head... butt included. When its in the mid-90s, humid and there is full sun, its pretty hard to be an ATGATT guy. I was wearing mesh gear but was still sweltering.

Eventually took off my gloves (Dianese mesh) which helped a lot more than you'd guess. Removing my gloves opens up the end of the sleeves to air and that blows up my arms and out the big mesh vent in my back. My sleeves have full length mesh panels but it seems like open cuff brings in more air than the big mesh openings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back