• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing.
It’s 1pm and we just finished our taxes and dropped in the mail. No sense writing a check sooner than needed. Wife is picking up cheesesteak hoagies and we’re going to kick back and relax.

JT

Washed my tank area with gasoline. I assumed the gas nozzle would stop when the tank was full, like it had every time before it. I looked away for a minute. Just long enough for catastrophe. My spidey sense tingled, and I look to see fuel bubbling out the top of the dank and watch it burble to the ground.
Had a great chat with the station attendant while we waited for the fuel to dissipate before I rode away. You really do meet the nicest people on a Honda :rolleyes:

On my ride home I got a bothersome in my helmet. It bugged me as it flew around

I've done that several times. Once my jacket and pants got soaked in gasoline. I've learned to always watch carefully.

Rode the NC to a quiet corner of the New Forest, parked on the side of the road and - with a telephoto lens - crept up upon a herd of deer. Somewhat surprised they hadn't bolted by the sound of the bike: but glad they hadn't!

20190413145526_IMG_6650-01.jpg

20190413145647_IMG_6653-01.jpg

Fantastic afternoon to be out on two wheels...

Boo, that's not good at all man!! You'd better peal them AT stickers off of it and replace them with "Alaskan Twin" stickers! :{P

Hahaha good idea, that or just put some NC stickers on, that way it'll be reliable for sure. On the plus side I think the problem with the AT is the ground cable was loose, not super loose, but I've had weird issue with a loose or corroded ground cable. Crossing my fingers that is it, and i don't have to take it to the dealer.

Turned 50,000 miles today. Bought it new four years ago today.
I've put brakes, tires, chain and sprockets, and one battery. No other problems, just happiness.

I rode 430 miles yesterday to have lunch at Bradley's Country Store outside Tallahassee, FL and enjoy a sausage dog get some of their great strawberry preserves. The Tupelo honey wasn't in yet so I have an excuse to ride back over there in May. Some of my friends came from different parts of the state, all long distance riders. 400 miles for lunch isn't a long ride.

The roadsides and fields were full of wildflowers and I was reminded again how much sense this bike makes for me and how much fun it is to ride around the neighborhood or cross country. It's comfortable and reasonably fast enough to go anywhere. My route took in some of my favorite technical roads and also a few miles on I-10. I rode 85 mph when needed and in the tight and twisty it's a delight. Two years ago about this time I attempted a Bun Burner Gold and did not finish it but I'm working myself up to another attempt.

I rode 430 miles yesterday to have lunch at Bradley's Country Store outside Tallahassee, FL and enjoy a sausage dog get some of their great strawberry preserves. The Tupelo honey wasn't in yet so I have an excuse to ride back over there in May. Some of my friends came from different parts of the state, all long distance riders. 400 miles for lunch isn't a long ride. Two years ago about this time I attempted a Bun Burner Gold and did not finish it but I'm working myself up to another attempt.

LoL, i'm still working up for my first one!! Of course now that i have my new-to-me RDL, i just might make it this year!! :{)

Spent most of the weekend in the house - had to get the HVAC and Water Heater replaced. But I did end up finally getting my wheel over to CG to get my tire mounted yesterday. Went out a bit today to get it scrubbed in before hitting the road for a trip in a couple weeks. Still need to get a little more on it, but man, its nice. Hoping to get out a bit this week as well.

Noticed my front tire looked squishy yesterday, had under 10 PSI in it, thought the steering felt squishy but assumed I was just getting used to the Africa twin. So I took the wheel off to find some rim leaks, broke down the bead and scuffed and cleaned the wheel and tire, and aired it back up, all seems good now.

Technically this was Friday but close enough, right?

I want to put lights in my Givi trunk but can't find a proper connector. So I ordered a couple lights off Amazon and did this instead.

YouTube

Lights used were:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GRO844G/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GJGCR9U/

Today was just a lazy ride to a gas station 15 miles away. Nice weather for a ride.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Noticed my front tire looked squishy yesterday, had under 10 PSI in it, thought the steering felt squishy but assumed I was just getting used to the Africa twin. So I took the wheel off to find some rim leaks, broke down the bead and scuffed and cleaned the wheel and tire, and aired it back up, all seems good now.

TPMS could have sent you alerts! Really like my Fobo

Easiest mod on Saturday, added the Givi foot plate! My drive is gravel, and quite a few other places I park are gravel too. Have the plastic puck on a piece of paracord in the frunk, but figured I'd use my TT points to improve the footprint size of the sidestand! Of course it chucked it down with rain most of Sunday, and this morning it was snowing!!

Went for a sunset / evening ride. While stopped, was approached by an international student that loves the bike and is eager to learn about the ins and outs of riding here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back