• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that luggage looks sharp there Bob, i like that!!
I like it too. In their original all silver color they made the bike look like a pizza delivery bike!

That is a very nice look, very unique bag and bike combo. I like it!
Thanks. The luggage is Hepco & Becker. It's their GOBI model luggage. Very tough. Made of impact resistant plastic, dual wall construction, sort of like a Yeti ice chest without the foam between the layers. They actually sell an accessory spout so you can fill the cavity with drinking water (or bourbon?). I suppose that would be useful on a round the world type adventure or for people who venture out into seriously remote areas.

Hepco & Becker is not nearly as well known as GIVI for luggage systems but it should be. My wife has Givi on her NC700x (mine is a 750). The Givi is nice, but in a serious fall/slide I would expect the Givi boxes to shatter and break apart. In a serious fall/slide I would expect that these H&B Gobi boxes will stay pretty much together. Anything will be damaged, but I think they could survive some seriously bad incidents that my body might not survive. Personally I think the locks are better on the GIVI. Mounting security of the boxes to the frames is about the same. I like the H&B mounting frames better than the GIVI frames, they have quick attach (1/4 turn) attachment points that remove about 90% of the frame and works really well, taking the frames off in less than 60-seconds if you really want to ride without the boxes & frames. If I had to bet on which set of boxes is more durable, I'd bet my last $$$ on these GOBI boxes from Hepco & Becker.

The original color was silver, very close to the same silver color that Honda uses on the plastic panels. I just didn't like the look of all silver. They are also available in black and black/silver from the factory. I bought mine on Ebay and got a smoking hot deal on the boxes. Purchased the mounts Motomachines.com.

Ordered up some primer, paint and clear coat from Duplicolor. Some minor disassembly and a good bit of masking tape to create the look I wanted and the end result is what you see in the photo.

EDIT ... here are some BEFORE photos showing the original color before I added the red paint to the luggage boxes.

UOOyHCBgTwmN7YgqZwDavA_zpsmz2uxdgq.jpg

ixKaci6QEmUS9OpjHUg6g_zpskktyohif.jpg

ZBwWnfJNQimlMtpSmFUBA_zpszkwmuq4i.jpg

H&B frame with quick attach points. 3 on each side.
gUfiF2DQbSBcopQsvKBYQ_zpsykhgllz2.jpg

Painted:
N8eix937Qc2rzK4JWgAmA_zpsmsichf2j.jpg

DbgBGRykSsOXbVJa9XQ4sA_zpsphjejjuc.jpg

rTAinegQZqCNwcnzOuBw_zpsmvklbdms.jpg

Last edited:
Dontcha mean 'herd'?

All the postings on day trips to cool places are giving me the itch. Pulled my backpack (more like a 80L drybag with shoulder straps) and camping gear out of storage to make sure everything works.

After a long ride this weekend (for me) it's time to shop for my next ergonomic and susp. mods. My butt fared pretty well but my shoulders and lower back not so much.

You probably just need to ride more. It usually works for me

You probably just need to ride more. It usually works for me

I agree 100%, most our complaints about aches can be solved by getting more conditioned to riding. In my 20's I rode a RZ350 From Dallas to Austin or Lubbock many times only stopping for gas. My issues are rooted in my wilder off road days with a few nasty crashes and collisions. Some dents and dings just never heal back to 100%. The good news is this site makes it pretty easy to find out what usually helps me specifically.

Rode over to Montana this afternoon, 240 miles. Beautiful day for a ride ah!!?? :{)

No pics? LOL. I've always wanted to travel over to that side of the country and see all the sights. I'd like to make it up to Sturgis one day. I just don't think I could ride that far from Alabama....wish there was a simple cheap way to ship my bike out there, fly out there, then ride around for a few days, ship it back home and fly back. But getting there is half the fun right? LOL

A buddy of mine is out in the Grand Canyon / Colorado / Zion National Park area with his kids traveling by Toyota Land Cruiser and camping each night somewhere new right now. He's been sharing pics of everything on Facebook and man, I'd love to travel around that region via motorcycle one day. I just don't think I could ever ride that far to get there....knowing that I'd have to ride the same long grueling trip back home. Lol

It would be a beautiful trip though. You could head north through Mt Rushmore and then west on I-90, or Hwy20. 20 will take you through some beautiful country, and right past Yellowstone, Chief Joseph/Bear tooth hwy, Glacier NP, then head south through Utah and catch all that is there and back east towards your place. :{)

(now back to our regularly scheduled program). :{P

Rode over to Montana this afternoon, 240 miles. Beautiful day for a ride ah!!?? I'll take more/better pics next time over. :{)

RMEF office in Missoula
Orofino loop, Missoula RMEF2.jpg

Last edited:
Two nice days in a row. A couple of nice commutes on the bike.
Rain all day today.
This has been the wettest spring in over a decade. Rain is seriously impacting my riding time.

JT

turns out the skid plate I picked up hits the centerstand. not too worried about the dents in either (although I'd rather they not be there), just annoying.

qAlTPNx.jpg

turns out the skid plate I picked up hits the centerstand. not too worried about the dents in either (although I'd rather they not be there), just annoying.

qAlTPNx.jpg

It's all good til the dent in the center stand tube compromises its integrity and ends up buckling under weight. Maybe it's not that bad and will never do that, hard to assess severity in the picture.

Yeah, I'm tempted to take a die grinder to the skid plate and then reinforce the centerstand there. Not sure if I will, though, mostly due to schedule.

If it was in the middle of the tube I'd be more concerned vs at the end.

Flat tire on my way home from work. 99 degrees outside waiting on AAA. Oh, yea and what a great day it was for me to forget my phone. I had to flag down a fellow biker to borrow his. Tom, wherever you are Thank you again, So Much!

Rode to work then took the long way home again. Visited friends camping (s'mores!), experienced challenge of parking on soft ground. Further on way home (though farther from home!), rode through drive thru for sustenance.

got up early and rode solo down to a Denny's in Post Falls and enjoyed breakfast then back home before it started pouring down again! :{)

Took a ride this evening:

https://m.calimoto.com/t/rlZvSMGfKc

IMG-20190608-WA0010.jpg

...out to Old Sarum, an iron age fort on the north side of Salisbury. Beautiful evening and the sort of ride where you keep turning left or right to prolong the ride home...

2695df9239e42e77eb9f99e49f89a207.jpg

9c12a42d7b44e9fd756306970fdfa5cd.jpg

59e5706053a1ecca993d3ec4aecb6216.jpg

12de9bd2480dd93f242118ebb795cd6f.jpg

On the way home, found a field full of poppies - and stopped to take a look. Grabbed a bunch for the wife who had charged me with the task of "coming back with a present" - and I've marked on the GPS where it is, so I can come back again with a camera better than the one on the back of my phone.

039ff93fc0824782d94d36e1b5f583c1.jpg

7955b4eb29f26d3afcfee95979470e00.jpg

44916066a653e9975d2d441bc33dac46.jpg

b1be318d5de5edc2edae734b4081e1ff.jpg

Last edited:
Did the first day of a two day advanced riding course. It's ok. Wish it were a bit more challenging. We will how day two goes.

Did the first day of a two day advanced riding course. It's ok. Wish it were a bit more challenging. We will how day two goes.

Interesting that it is two days. Mine was one full day. Most of the time we were running drills on the bike. There were two instructors and six students, so we had a lot of one-on-one.

JT

Rode from near Detroit up to Bayfield, Ontario. Hopped in a car to head to dinner/drinks. Came back and was told by neighbours that my bike tipped but they picked it up. Totally thought they were kidding until I saw the results and the divot in the asphalt where the ctr stand sunk in.

Finally got my gear sorted out. The HJC I ordered didn't fit, returned to Revzilla. Tried on several brands and sizes at Southern Honda in Chattanooga and fell in love with Shoei. Found a matte black XL Shoei GT Air on closeout at Revzilla for around $400 since the GT Air II's are out now. What a fantastic fitting and feeling helmet. The interior is so much better than the cheaper helmets I've been going through.

2822e1025488712ba3a0c319b76ccb1e.jpg

c1058e43365f12b57d1b5b49c98015e7.jpg

My old barely worn mesh Icon summer jacket was a little too tight for me and I didn't like the collar, as it pulled my beard hair. Done some research and settled on a Scorpion Influx mesh/textile jacket. What an upgrade. Has a taller collar but lined with microfiber, so soft and comfortable. Fit is more square and boxy like a touring jacket, several adjustment points for customizing fit. I HIGHLY recommend this jacket to anyone looking for a good one. Has a full sleeve windproof liner and several pockets too. I am ready to hit the road and try it all out when this rain moves out. The jacket was gonna be a little over $200 on Revzilla, but checked ebay and found one new without original packaging for $140 shipped. I think I am happier about the jacket than the helmet. Lol

0dcb4ef092e7f98a6f4023be98d1df19.jpg

c8c0c551b6de37aa78ac564d2f869951.jpg

44dd0a8625070483062ffbc992855388.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Got an $80 rebate of sorts for my Delkevic exhaust, as I sold the stocker on criagslist.

Rode down to the meet-up spot on the bike with the old exhaust strapped to the rear seat. :p

Guy was putting a wrecked NC back together. He mentioned buying a rear wheel off ebay from the sister bike to the NC (CTX I think?) and hoped it would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back