• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back earlier this afternoon from my 3 day, 750 mile round trip over to Glacier National Park. Met up with "GreenBoy" who rides an NC and is active on another site. We had a great time visiting and riding all over GNP Friday and seeing many of the sights around there. More to follow and pics soon! :{)

Following the suggestion made by OCR, I tried out a Hyperkewl evaporative cooling vest on today’s 90 something degree (F) ride. I’d say it was a success. It wasn’t the same cooling as getting out of the sun or having a 20 degree temperature drop, but it definitely helped. The vest was very comfortable. Other than the cool feel, I couldn’t really tell I had a vest on under my mesh jacket.

I wish I had bought one of these long ago.

CFF13F92-C1AC-4477-B0B6-ABA71FE607D0.jpg

This past Saturday, I rode my NC700x to C & C Powersports in Clarksville Indiana and test rode the Indians (never would buy one). That new ftr1200 is a godly beast of a bike...almost too much power for an advertised adventure bike (120 HP) (a crotch rocket with standard seating position)..quick and fast in all 6 gears-almost wheelied it on the interstate in 5th gear...a hot/humid day and what better way then to rag out a bunch of bikes...the demo route was predetermined but was ride at your own pace (no leader or trailer) and if you were local,,,easy to 'accidentally' get off route...hehehe... the bike I was most comfortable on was the springfield darkhorse (I own a cruiser too)... but $19,000 for a cruiser is never going to happen...rode the Nc700x home and I enjoyed riding the bike home more than riding all those powerful Indian bikes...

I somehow became lead rider for our motley crew, today it was the NC leading a Triumph T120 and 3 dresser Harleys.
We're in the jaws of summer right now so we took ~150 mile ride for a quick bite and got back a little after 12 pm so it was still only in the low 90s. :cool:

Nothing with my NC750x

But I did take my wife's NC700x to the fencing club tonight to give a private saber lesson to a high school girl. Her bike is lowered and feels tiny compared to mine. I know they are identical in almost every way but being dropped down 1" at the triple tree and roughly 2" at the rear end makes it feel much smaller. Rides pretty much the same but at the stop lights I felt like a giant towering over the bike if I stood up.

Nothing with my NC750x

But I did take my wife's NC700x to the fencing club tonight to give a private saber lesson to a high school girl. Her bike is lowered and feels tiny compared to mine. I know they are identical in almost every way but being dropped down 1" at the triple tree and roughly 2" at the rear end makes it feel much smaller. Rides pretty much the same but at the stop lights I felt like a giant towering over the bike if I stood up.
That's how mine was when I first got it, I didn't know any different because that was the first NC I ever rode, but knew I needed to raise it. I like it much better at factory height.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So i'm done with editing most of the GNP pictures i took and here are a few of the ride... :{)

Flathead Lake on my way
Flathead lake2.jpg

entering GNP
gnp Park Sign and NC.jpg

campground i stayed at
gnp Galcier Campground sign and NC.jpg

Along the road to get to the "Going to the Sun Rd". This is Bird Woman falls.
gnp FS cabin mountain back drop bird woman falls2.jpg

On the Going to the Sun rd, you can see Bird Woman falls in the background
gnp going to the sun road bird woman falls.jpg

about half way, Logan Pass at the top.
gnp going to the sun road Logan Pass.jpg

Some falls about half way up
gnp going to the sun road water fall5.jpg

one of the switchbacks showing the valley below
gnp going to the sun road.jpg

While at the Logan Pass visitors Center :{P

this goat is sportin' a gps tracing collar
gnp Logan Pass collared goat.jpg

gnp Logan Pass collared goat2.jpg

the east side of Logan Pass
gnp Logan Pass east side falls.jpg

gnp Logan Pass east side falls2.jpg

over on the east side, Many Glacier
gnp many glacier lodge bridge2.jpg

gnp many glacier Lodge skag tree.jpg

Last edited:
so annoying..

on the road to many Glacier
gnp many glacier rd mountain side4.jpg

at Many Glacier Lodge
gnp many glacier rd mountain side9.jpg

gnp many glacier rd2.jpg

in St Mary for a late lunch
gnp St Mary Park Cafe NCs.JPG

GreenBoy from here and another forum met up with me Friday morning and we rode all day together checking out GNP! Thanks again Dave!!
gnp St Mary Park Cafe.jpg

..you guessed it, yes i did!!
gnp St Mary Park Cafe PIE.JPG

On the way back through the Park from the East Park Village, I spotted a nice "Cinnamon" colored Grizzly Bear feeding in the burrow pit right next to the road along St Mary Lake! SUPER COOL! I had to spin around and get a better look but was not able to spot it. So i returned back by it a third time and got a nice short vid of it. Guessing its age at 4-4.5 years old, it was well hidden in the tall grasses, but i got a pic from the video(i am not tech savvy)! :{P

Grizzly Bear Lk Mary rd2.jpg

Last edited:
Back in 2013... I tried to install all LED lights and modified the relay. No luck getting rid of the hyper flash. Then I found mention of a Honda compatible LED relay and picked it up on Amazon.

As you can see, the mount is on the opposite side but that wasn't a big deal. LEDs on all 4 corners now and blinking is normal.
f2a8d0624052cf217d19c220e83aca93.jpg
690781651618846c0dffe882d52cbbd0.jpg
006b9be65b90e57e36159bfcaee16a27.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I know this doesn't compare to most scenic rides posted here but I've been fighting my way through rural rush hours like this lately. download.jpg As nice as it is to have virtually vehicle-free roads to pick from many are buckled every 50 feet or downright falling apart. And I'm sorry I implied those with butthurt syndrome just need to ride more. .95kg springs and p.jpg go on this weekend. I'm already looking at that seat, debating 1" or 2" fork tube extenders and more adjustable bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back