• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Air compressors are one of those tools you didn't know you needed until you buy one, then you find all sorts of uses for them.

I've got a 120v single stage 30gallon Sear Crarftsman compressor. Enough air to blow the garage floor clean with a pressure nozzle (beats sweeping), fills the big tractor tires without breaking a sweat, has a couple wheels on the bottom to make it portable enough to roll it around and I've used it to power a flooring hammer on a few occasions to install hardwood floors.

It not a big heavy duty unit. It is a big light duty unit. Got it for about $300.

I'd like to get out to Arkansas one day. Got a couple buddies that ride out that way often.

Regarding lane splitting, too sketchy for me to have any desire to do it, however, I'd take a law passing flitering to the front at red lights and such.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It was a beautiful Monday to be riding one of my favorite roads, Arkansas 123. Temperatures were in the 60s (F), winds are light, the roads is smooth and dry, and traffic is non existent. Rides like these are what the NC was made for!

I think about people in California and other states who campaign for legal lane splitting across the country. Ha! I’ve seen 4 cars in the last 50 miles. What lane splitting could I possibly do here?

Later, a lots of bike were seen at Oark Cafe - more bikes than cars.

BC7C9AC8-5707-4DE7-80FB-A2B83525ED89.jpg

A6C486D6-BFD3-4CC8-931E-C1F381828FDD.jpg

F778F582-9A0F-4607-A9A1-1897036D68DA.jpg

F57B9A96-50EB-4B9C-A2A8-CA41D7900ED0.jpg

Last edited:
Slightly biased but AR has some of the best riding in the area.

Have some time off work and I’m gearing up for a day trip on Tuesday and another one Saturday. Tacoma if you ever make up this way holler at me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightly biased but AR has some of the best riding in the area.

Have some time off work and I’m gearing up for a day trip on Tuesday and another one Saturday. Tacoma if you ever make up this way holler at me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may be biased but I would agree with you on Arkansas riding. Some stunning scenery there. What part of AR are you in?

So here is a not so funny thing that happened to me while i was riding to the 4 National Parks on vacation the other week. You know how it is, You're just cruising along minding your own business when something out of the blue happens...right!!?? Haha, so there i was miles from nowhere(between Missoula Mt and Salmon Idaho when something hits my right foot/boot. Not hard, but just enough to be noticeable. It's late and i'm getting tired and it's almost sunset. I'm riding along and i don't see anything or notice anything, the bike feels/rides fine so i keep going and press on. I get to camp after dark, set up and go to bed.

The following morning i awake and after breakfast i check the bike over. Well, much to my surprise i notice two wires dangling from the right/front... Hmm i think to myself, what in the world are those two wires for. Haha, then it dawned on me DUOOOH, The Denali sound Bomb is missing... oh no! Ratz, that is what must've fallen off the evening before and tagged my boot and i just couldn't find it nor did i see it tumbling along. That was an expensive part!

Well i promptly ordered a pair of Fiamm's Hi/Lo(72102 + 72112) and let's see how these two little noise makers compare to the Denali!! They arrived today and i'll get them installed this week. I hate riding without a loud horn to get folks' attention when needed.

So note to self, keep checking the bolts as this twin is no different than any other twin as it rattles and shakes stuff loose. I even used lock-tite on that Sound Bomb and it still rattled loose and took the interstate tumble! :{P

Not much. Rode this afternoon to fencing practice at the high school. I think one of the new kids quit. H.S. fencing has a reputation of not being a "real sport" because it is not typically a "varsity" recognized sport despite its Olympic status. So some kids think it is easy. It's not. We had a good practice but the kids were sweating and several were complaining. Hell I'm less than 2 weeks away from 59 years old and I was doing what they were doing and they wanted to quit??? WTF! After that practice I rode to the fencing club for another practice!

Rode home in the dark after club practice. A WHITE cat crossed my path about a mile from home. If a black cat is unlucky, is a white cat lucky?

Rode home in the dark after club practice. A WHITE cat crossed my path about a mile from home. If a black cat is unlucky, is a white cat lucky?
For itself, at least. A black cat crossing the road after dark isn’t likely to have a long life, alas.

So here is a not so funny thing that happened to me while i was riding to the 4 National Parks on vacation the other week. You know how it is, You're just cruising along minding your own business when something out of the blue happens...right!!?? Haha, so there i was miles from nowhere(between Missoula Mt and Salmon Idaho when something hits my right foot/boot. Not hard, but just enough to be noticeable. It's late and i'm getting tired and it's almost sunset. I'm riding along and i don't see anything or notice anything, the bike feels/rides fine so i keep going and press on. I get to camp after dark, set up and go to bed.

The following morning i awake and after breakfast i check the bike over. Well, much to my surprise i notice two wires dangling from the right/front... Hmm i think to myself, what in the world are those two wires for. Haha, then it dawned on me DUOOOH, The Denali sound Bomb is missing... oh no! Ratz, that is what must've fallen off the evening before and tagged my boot and i just couldn't find it nor did i see it tumbling along. That was an expensive part!

Well i promptly ordered a pair of Fiamm's Hi/Lo(72102 + 72112) and let's see how these two little noise makers compare to the Denali!! They arrived today and i'll get them installed this week. I hate riding without a loud horn to get folks' attention when needed.

So note to self, keep checking the bolts as this twin is no different than any other twin as it rattles and shakes stuff loose. I even used lock-tite on that Sound Bomb and it still rattled loose and took the interstate tumble! :{P

May be some nylock nuts :)

Let my tags expire and now it is perfect weather for riding!!! *facepalm* It was 52F this morning and will be around 78F this afternoon. And I really don't wanna risk getting ticketed for that. Renewed online and new tags should be in tomorrow! Moral of the story, don't let your tags expire! lol

Let my tags expire and now it is perfect weather for riding!!! *facepalm* It was 52F this morning and will be around 78F this afternoon. And I really don't wanna risk getting ticketed for that. Renewed online and new tags should be in tomorrow! Moral of the story, don't let your tags expire! lol
Since you renewed on-line can't you just print a copy of your receipt and carry it with you? We can do that in my state until our new sticker/plate arrives.

I brushed the frost off(29f) this morning and rode to work one last time on the old rear 705. The new one arrived and i'll take it off and have it mounted up tomorrow. Then have the fun of breaking it in! :{)

I brushed the frost off(29f) this morning and rode to work one last time on the old rear 705. The new one arrived and i'll take it off and have it mounted up tomorrow. Then have the fun of breaking it in! :{)
Curious, what gloves do you use in cold weather?

Hey TM, i usually wear Sedici gloves. But for the last couple of weeks i have had my "Oven Mitt's" on the bars AAAAAAAAahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oven Mitts (hahaha). On my last trip i covered 1600 miles, 4 National Parks and saw temps from 36f-70f. The oven mitts were awesome, even when it dropped below 40F i did not need anything else on my hands. Every MC i past touring the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone(frosty mornings) i waved with a bare hand. When stopped i did get a lot of comments and some harassment about them, but hey... THey are warm!! :{P
handlebar MITTS are priceless!.jpg

Sedici touring gloves, insulated/waterproof.
Sedici touring gloves.jpg

Last edited:
Ah! Whatever works! I need to invest in some good cold weather gloves. I've just been wearing some black thinsulate gloves that are not motorcycle gloves. They are ok, but in the 40's and down fingertips get a little nippy. Lol

Hey TM, i usually wear Sidici gloves. But for the last couple of weeks i have had my "Oven Mitt's" on the bars AAAAAAAAahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oven Mitts (hahaha). On my last trip i covered 4 National Parks and saw temps from 36f-70f. The oven mitts were awesome, even when it dropped below 40F i did not need anything else on my hands. Every MC i past touring the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone i waved with a bare hand. When stopped i did get a lot of comments and some harassment about them, but hey... THey are warm!! :{P
View attachment 39252

I'm with you Rapturee. I have some expensive ones that I was given that do basically the same thing. I'm riding and no one else is. I think they look funny too but since I see no else I get not commentary ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back