• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my "Wanna Be" NCX until I add one. It was a balmy 40*F yesterday and the snow was melted so I road down to the Mississippi River:

1-IMG_20191116_143424189.jpg
Near the dock where tour boats docks

2-IMG_20191116_143900695.jpg
Locks on off St. Anthony Falls

3-IMG_20191116_143921170.jpg
The rebuilt 35W bridge that collapsed over 10 years ago

4-IMG_20191116_144837638.jpg
Getting a bottle of Retsina Wine for the wife

2012 NC700X - Purchased 9/2019 with 33,000 miles

SW-MOTECH Rear Carrier Rack_1.jpgSW-MOTECH Givi E450N Monolock Top Case.jpgPhone Holder Custom.jpg

SW-MOTECH Rear Carrier & Givi Monolock adapter plate, Givi E450N 45 liter top case. $200 including S&H & tax.

Customized phone holder from Amazon. ~ $23

Madstad 18" windscreen / Windshield. $282 with shipping & tax.

Last edited:
So over a month ago I installed FXCNC adjustable levers. The clutch lever would pop and lose adjustment in two positions. Took a week of emails with support and they decided to send me a replacement part (just the lever, not the piece where it mounts). The process wasn't too bad but they had trouble understanding even with the video.

So a month later a lever arrived in the mail (straight from China). Installed today and seens to have fixed the issue. Slow but they stand by their warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

So over a month ago I installed FXCNC adjustable levers. The clutch lever would pop and lose adjustment in two positions. Took a week of emails with support and they decided to send me a replacement part (just the lever, not the piece where it mounts). The process wasn't too bad but they had trouble understanding even with the video.

So a month later a lever arrived in the mail (straight from China). Installed today and seens to have fixed the issue. Slow but they stand by their warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Glad to hear it worked out, I remember those are were good looking levers

Another beautiful sunny day at Tally, probably last track day of the season....until Spring. Been a good run on the ole NC! Intermediate group was fun! Got some more good footage, will upload in next day or two.

c104f5bbb6e7a74405acf35b04af7f29.jpg

9a230aa4b7f06a168f6b33d71a1da405.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

More track vids! Some faster folks on track this go-round. Wasn't crowded at all though, which was more fun, wide open laps! Guy on green bike in 2nd video was slower in the turns but his bike was too fast for me to ever get an opportunity to pass him.

YouTube

YouTube

Noticed I have almost completely eliminated chicken strip on the right side of the front tire. Again, not worrying about it, just an interesting observation. Still plenty chicken strips on rear tire lol.

Front right

5bca080f35417ab4fe596a110a549ccc.jpg

Front left

19d12b2f7809ff1391b9b8a3d017f391.jpg

Rear right

ad3418332fe1a0bdec937e342189d984.jpg

Rear left

81c602d70953d29fd08b68044ade64fe.jpg

Why the paint and wrap? It looks nice, but was there a technical reason like rust?

JT
Yes, the concern was rust, the heat wrap retains enough moisture that it could eventually cause rust problems. I also painted the wrap and the pipe with flat black to keep the heat wrap together longer as well, so the finished product is flat black, looks even better then the silver in my opinion.

With 92,000 miles on the odometer this NC will probably be done before rust was really a problem but I'm thinking it'll be replaced by an NC750X eventually so I'm trying to keep it solid as it's a swappable part

Last edited:
36(F) degrees today. Light snow overnight and heavy frost this morning. Bike sat in the garage all day.

Supposed to be mid-40's on Sunday and Monday so I'm hoping for sunshine and a ride. Probably not a long ride if it will only be in the mid-40's, but any ride is better than none. I'm missing the bike. We've had a few days when its been pushing 50 but we had heavy rains those days. Looking for a ride.

Sunny and 77 today. Dawn patrol ride to coffee then lunch with several friends. 305 miles.
Jealous. Cold, rainy, and windy here in north AL. Was gonna ride my Nomad this evening, but am showers turned into off and on all day showers and the wind is terrible.

The talking weatherhead on the TV set said that we might climb to nearly 50(F) degrees this afternoon ... might even get a peek at the sun, the mythical yellow object that has not graced our skies for a week or more.

With any luck I will sneak in a ride. Monday is supposed to be similar.

I only rode in one day this week and I got soaked on the way home. We actually had pockets of rain that were like I had only seen in Alabama before. It then rained for all of Wednesday and Thursday. Friday morning I got up, checked the weather radar and with every intention of riding in, I opened the garage door and the street in front of my house was still soaked. So I drove the car in without thinking about it too much. The car got soaked from the spray so I was glad that I did. Friday night I realized that I hadn't driven my pickup in 3 weeks and needed to run it so I drove it on Saturday instead since there is no real benefit time wise to taking the bike. Plus I had hoped to get off earlier than I did and do a couple of stops that I couldn't do on the bike.

I put a new lithium battery in it on Monday though and I am pleased with the results.

I visited the IMS Bike Show in Long Beach on Friday.
They only had NC750s from 2018 model year to test ride.

The bike that seemed to get the most attention was the upcoming Yamaha T7, but no price details.

The bike least noticed was a very loaded Aprilia RS660. It has more tech than any other small displacement bike and I'm hoping they use some of this in a small adventure touring bike.

I didn't bother with test riding, as it's almost impossible to get a seat on the hot bikes unless you get there at 6 am!

It might have been fun to ride one of the W800's

Attachments

• 20191122_142451sm.jpg
    20191122_142451sm.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 20191122_164722sm.jpg
    20191122_164722sm.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 20191122_153011sm.jpg
    20191122_153011sm.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 20191122_143600sm.jpg
    20191122_143600sm.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 179
The Yamaha is a nice motorcycle and a friend has just bought one although its not on the road yet. Imho its direct competitor the KTM790 Adventure by comparison, is over priced, over teched and looks more like something cobbled together from various unrelated bits and pieces. I will soon get a ride on my Friend's bike and look forward to that. However I have sat on one. It feels nice ergonomically for me at 5' 8". It is very tall although with very long legs in proportion to my height I was able to place the balls of my feet firmly on the ground. If i were a little younger and stronger I would buy one. However my sights are now firmly set on a CB500X 19" at some point in the future. For me it will do exactly the same job for which I would have purchased the Yamaha but at a better price and a better size and weight for me nowadays. My biggest problem is what to part with to make room for one and for now that decision has been postponed.

Just finished installing new tires. I went with Shinko 705 front and rear. Stock size in front. 150/70 rear.

I used the ‘zip tie’ method and it worked ok. A game changer is using an extra zip tie to fasten the new tire on the rim and keep the beads tight into the center of the rim. Then it’s rather easy to spoon the bead around the rim. The tire does not move around while wrestling it on.
Did the front first and learned the tricks. Then did the rear. I thought I’d have more trouble than I did because those 705’s are very stiff compared to the Dunlops I took off.
I used the Motion Pro chain alignment tool. It’s amazing something so simple does such a great job.

d02610b897acbf4587ca3509d75ebe12.jpg
00a45ccb2bc5767b1849582889aceb42.jpg
26d653b89e2c3424234b9d2deda3e727.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good! I just ordered some more Avon Cobras for my cruiser, hope they don't give me too much trouble mounting. Kinda unsure how it's going to go. They are certainly thicker and stiffer than my NC's tires, but they are on 16" rims and are pretty tall tires, so they may go on fairly smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back