• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a very cool ride in today. Put on some extra layers inside my gear giving the the overstuffed sausage look. Next time I may experiment with putting my rain gear over top. Thinking this will help with the windchill and not be so cumbersome to layer up.

My front tyre was still legal, but give it a few weeks and it wouldn't be - so off to the excellent fellows at Russ's Motorcycle Tyres in Portsmouth. It's a bit of a trek, but their service is worth the milage ...plus, you get to ride there and back!

A cool but dry late November day - so that's worth a ride in any event.

[video=facebook_share;10158030932067975]https://www.facebook.com/Paulplex/videos/10158030932067975/[/video]

replaced the halogen bulb in my 2015 with an LED. Pretty easy switch -- had to remove my headlight modulator, and if I had a kid around whose arm and hand are a lot smaller than mine it would have been 10 minutes :)

Very bright, very white light. I adjusted the headlight to aim it down a bit to be sure I wouldn’t blind on coming cars.

BEAMTECH H4 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9003 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit
by BEAMTECH
Learn more: Amazon.com: BEAMTECH H4 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9003 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit: Automotive

Last edited:
replaced the halogen bulb in my 2015 with an LED. Pretty easy switch -- had to remove my headlight modulator, and if I had a kid around whose arm and hand are a lot smaller than mine it would have been 10 minutes :)

Very bright, very white light. I adjusted the headlight to aim it down a bit to be sure I would blind on coming cars.

BEAMTECH H4 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9003 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit
by BEAMTECH
Learn more: Amazon.com: BEAMTECH H4 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Brigh (9003 Hi/Lo) CSP Chips Conversion Kit: Automotive
I've had the same bulb in my NC for a year or so and it's held up great, I was curious what the beam and output difference is between that model and this one

BEAMTECH H4 LED Headlight Bulb,Fanless CSP Y19 Chips 8000 Lumens 6500K Xenon White 9003 Hi/Lo Extremely Bright Conversion Kit of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071778DGG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_kaW4Db2HXGABQ

Hmm … same lumens and temperature. Other than reflector design, and overall size, there shouldn’t be much difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rode to work, as per the usual and hit 75,000 miles on the odometer. 6th set of tires, fifth chain, 3 set of brake pads, second right saddlebag (thanks to a deer). This bike is amazing.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

I rode to work, as per the usual and hit 75,000 miles on the odometer. 6th set of tires, fifth chain, 3 set of brake pads, second right saddlebag (thanks to a deer). This bike is amazing.

Congratulations on the mileage milestone! The funny thing is though, if this were my car, truck, or van at 75,000 miles, it would have just broken in it’s 2nd set of tires, and everything else would be original (except for the deer damage). Motorcycles are high maintenance!

Congratulations on the mileage milestone! The funny thing is though, if this were my car, truck, or van at 75,000 miles, it would have just broken in it’s 2nd set of tires, and everything else would be original (except for the deer damage). Motorcycles are high maintenance!
This one isn't too bad, especially since Honda revised the valve adjustment to 16,000 miles.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Crash Bars R-Gaza Brand

Put on the R-Gaza crash bars / engine guards today. Only took 2.5 weeks to get them here direct from manufacturer. ...

I really enjoyed the pictures you posted and info and purchased the R-Gaza crash bars aka engine guards for my 2012 NC700X from ebay on 11/17/2019 the arrived on 11/30 just 13 days and the label on the box showed they were shipped from Russia! The bars were packed exactly like yours and the instruction card is laminated! There was a hole in the box but nothing appears to have escaped as the nuts and bolts and wrapped by foam around each bar.

The cost:
$149.98 + $39.98 for shipping + $11.62 for sales tax = $201.58

The install looks very straight forward esp compared with the Madstad windscreen & (Honda Rear Carrier (aka rear rack) which I sent back to Partsfish.com aka Dillon brothers Motorsports) & the SW-Motech Rear carrier from Twisted throttle which I installed also.

Thanks for the post & pictures.

- Paul

I really enjoyed the pictures you posted and info and purchased the R-Gaza crash bars aka engine guards for my 2012 NC700X from ebay on 11/17/2019 the arrived on 11/30 just 13 days and the label on the box showed they were shipped from Russia! The bars were packed exactly like yours and the instruction card is laminated! There was a hole in the box but nothing appears to have escaped as the nuts and bolts and wrapped by foam around each bar.

The cost:

The install looks very straight forward esp compared with the Madstad windscreen & (Honda Rear Carrier (aka rear rack) which I sent back to Partsfish.com aka Dillon brothers Motorsports) & the SW-Motech Rear carrier from Twisted throttle which I installed also.

- Paul

These really have me tempted. I am kinda down to the Givi ones and these. I think one of the 2 will be my late winter project.

I just ordered the R-Gaza bars. Hopefully they’ll get here before Christmas!
I’ve been wanting them for a year now and figured I’d get myself a Christmas gift.

JT

A short ride between the Big 12 and SEC games. It is about 50, sunny, very nice. I actually overdressed a little.

Just received my Honda Common Service Manual in the mail.
I wanted something to help with other motorcycles and engines my family and friends have. The NC700X service manual I have is excellent. The Common Service Manual is similar and excellent quality also.
It details how all the different parts of motorcycles, ATVs, scooters and personal watercraft work. It has old tech through the latest tech (up to 2017). Carburetor to Fuel Injection, multiple clutch and transmission configurations. Manual and hydraulic systems. Two and four stroke operation. And much more.
This manual is not model specific, but contains enough information that you can understand what you are working on no matter what it is.

ed3c5be3bfa27f3ffaf6307f4245954a.jpg

Common Service Manual - Helm Incorporated

I found PDFs of 1988 and 1995 versions on the web, but I wanted a modern version and I prefer having the page open in a book when I’m working on something.

JT

The cost:

- Paul

Nice- glad it helped!

It was 50'F yesterday, so I got the bikes out of the garage and ran both of them to the gas station to top off the tanks...Normal 16 mile round trip ended up being 100+ miles....yippee.. even with 25 mph winds; it felt nice to be out on the bikes...ah yea, adjusted my handlebars on the NC700x...noticed they had worked themselves back (towards me) more than I like (been 50,000 miles since I added the risers)...adjusted more forward and then adjusted the mirrors on both sides...going to see if I like them more forward....not today though...rain rain rain and tomorrow a frigging cold blast is coming thru...

I installed my new heated glove liners last weekend and they work great! (Wow, they're already discontinued.) Yea it was only down to 45 this morning but my fingers were getting pretty hot. After work today I mounted the controller in a better place on the provided Velcro. I also had to change my rear tire again due to a puncture. I do like these Shinkos though, I had over 10k miles on that one and still plenty of tread left. Now if I could just avoid the nails:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back