• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to get far too many nails in my tires. Then I started avoiding any housing or construction areas. That helped some.
I finally searched the forum to find out how to use the Honda line heated grips. They were installed when I bought it and I got the installation instructions, but no instructions how to operate them. Thanks to the forum I now know 3-2-1 off.
I finally got around to putting the front fender extension on. It’s not back on the NC yet, but it’s fastened together. I was thinking about adding 4 push pin rivets to it for longevities sake. Anyone ever loose a fender extension?

I installed the fenda extenda - I just used some good adhesive (forgot the brand but it’s black in a caulk tube). Put that on in warm weather, clamped it for 24 hours. It hasn’t budged in 2 years riding on and off road, rain or shine (and snow once).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the adhesive tabs that came with it, and following the instruction sheet pattern, heated the fender and extension with a blow dryer, and have clamped it for 12 hours. I have more faith in the black caulk you used than the little adhesive tabs that I used.

Back street legal for the winter LOL

5897d0acc22763de8ddb240624665bfa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dude! it looks new! Is that an old photo? It certainly doen't look like it's seen a single track day.
Took that last night, aint even really cleaned it this fall. Riding track is less dirty than riding street, really. Less bugs and such.

Moved NC over to the side, and Nomad over to where I'm gonna work on it at. Gotta replace the clutch spring and put new tires on Nomad. Then change coolant again in the NC to Engine Ice.

7868a61d0f9ce8a5de4313ccb3dd350a.jpg

6347e4ca51100de10eec1b4ae0ea7e85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ordered the R-Gaza guards today. They'll be my project for January. I actually ended up ordering them from Amazon for $159.00 (that was this morning, they are now $169) + $16 shipping. No Prime available. At least if needed, returns will be easy. Here's the link, if anyone is interested.

NC700S/700X 2012-2013 NC750S/750X 2014-2019 R-Gaza Crash Bars Engine Guards

It’s sold on amazon by “marsh-deni” so any returns will be handled by the seller, not amazon. I’ve dealt with this a number of times when amazon is not the seller, just the fulfillment agent. Kind of mixed bag on returns depending on the seller.

It’s sold on amazon by “marsh-deni” so any returns will be handled by the seller, not amazon. I’ve dealt with this a number of times when amazon is not the seller, just the fulfillment agent. Kind of mixed bag on returns depending on the seller.

I have as well, but I have found it is still easier overall. Even with out of country 3rd party sellers. They just seem more responsive than going through their website.

Ordered the R-Gaza guards today. They'll be my project for January. I actually ended up ordering them from Amazon for $159.00 (that was this morning, they are now $169) + $16 shipping. No Prime available. At least if needed, returns will be easy. Here's the link, if anyone is interested.

NC700S/700X 2012-2013 NC750S/750X 2014-2019 R-Gaza Crash Bars Engine Guards
Those look like they would do a great job keeping the frunk & engine cases off the asphalt in the event of a slide. I may order those after Christmas. Lots of other crash bars I looked at are flush with the sides of the bike & look almost useless. Like they're designed to protect just the radiator & horn.

Went riding both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. The weather is getting progressively warmer as this week moves on. I am off work after tomorrow noon, so looks like some good times ahead.

"Get it while you can" ain't that the truth lol, it's been raining and cold where I'm at so I've been taking the car to work mostly for the last few weeks, I rode into work today (less then 20% of rain today) which is great because I can filter through the holiday traffic on my way home.
First time riding in 8 days, brisk in the upper 30f° with a touch of fog, but clean clear roads and air, it was a nice ride into work

Merry Christmas everyone!
My NC700X is patiently awaiting the R-Gaza engine guard bars I ordered three weeks ago. Tracking says they are still working their way through the Russian Post system. I was wanting to install them before the new year while I have time off.

JT

Rode to work this morning..yea...except, even though it was 53'F, it was foggy and fog at 53'F is cold...my helmet shield was fogging up on the outside (so was my windshield)...had to keep the helmet shield up...burr at 70mph on the superslab. Record high yesterday but unable to ride...too many family members to visit yesterday with gift exchange and all...but today...almost same high..going to take the long way home...get home when the sun sets....:)

Rode to work this morning..yea...except, even though it was 53'F, it was foggy and fog at 53'F is cold...my helmet shield was fogging up on the outside (so was my windshield)...had to keep the helmet shield up...burr at 70mph on the superslab. Record high yesterday but unable to ride...too many family members to visit yesterday with gift exchange and all...but today...almost same high..going to take the long way home...get home when the sun sets....:)
I put this on my visor per the instructions, inside and out on my visor and it's worked great so far, 3 or 4 months about half that has been conditions that would normally fog up my visor, I'd definitely recommend it

Jaws Quick Spit Antifog Spray,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012Q2S4W?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Hit the road yesterday with some guys from LouVin (Louisville Vintage Motor Works) into Southern Indiana along the river and then back to Louisville to The Overlook (was the only thing open)

Headed tomorrow for another longer ride.

I will be gassed up and heading out 10:00 AM tomorrow morning from E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park at the main enterence on Frey's Hill road just south of Westport Road. There is a Thorntons on the corner of Westport and Freys Hill. Weather will be somewhat cloudy with highs of 64, lows of 50. Should be 58 at 10am.

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/6rZxAf

May even hit a distillery or two. Who knows.

Hit the road yesterday with some guys from LouVin (Louisville Vintage Motor Works) into Southern Indiana along the river and then back to Louisville to The Overlook (was the only thing open)

Headed tomorrow for another longer ride.

I will be gassed up and heading out 10:00 AM tomorrow morning from E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park at the main enterence on Frey's Hill road just south of Westport Road. There is a Thorntons on the corner of Westport and Freys Hill. Weather will be somewhat cloudy with highs of 64, lows of 50. Should be 58 at 10am.

https://trips.furkot.com/ts/6rZxAf

May even hit a distillery or two. Who knows.
Wish I could ride with you tomorrow...Got to work though...or come in and sit at my desk...this place is like a ghost town and the few of us here are asking why are we here....LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back