• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020 Honda Gold Wing [Model Overview]

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Small Upgrades For The 2020 Honda Gold Wing Contents Model Overview Specifications Features Photos Videos Links Honda’s flagship touring motorcycle returns for 2020 with a small package of new updates to guarantee you a comfortable cruise, whether you’re riding for 20 miles or 200. The GL1800 Gold Wing is undoubtedly one of Honda’s most popular ...
The post 2020 Honda Gold Wing [Model Overview] appeared first on webBikeWorld.

More...

I noticed that Honda of Russellville, Arkansas has 14 of the 2018 Goldwings in stock at this time. It seems maybe there is a lot of unsold old stock of the new 1833cc version of the Goldwing. Perhaps the target audience (of which I’m not a part of) for the 2018/2019 models is not interested enough to buy.

Last edited:
I have an '18 DCT Tour and it is leaps and bounds improved, aside from the seat and a bit less storage.
The electronic controls and ability to connect phones, MP3s, etc are quite good. The increased power and mpg are also good.

I have an '18 DCT Tour and it is leaps and bounds improved, aside from the seat and a bit less storage.
The electronic controls and ability to connect phones, MP3s, etc are quite good. The increased power and mpg are also good.

I’m sure the ‘18 is a fine machine, but that’s what I mean, I’m not the target audience. On my ‘02, I’ve probably used the radio a whole 10 minutes in the 15 years I’ve owned the machine. I have zero desire to connect to a phone while riding. The new electronic gadgets mean nothing to me, but good ol’ luggage space and convenient helmets hooks are very important. The ‘02 has as much power as I’ll ever need. The ‘18+ wasn’t designed to appeal to a fogey like me.

Last edited:
I was fortunate to demo a 2018 DCT for about 1000 miles, much of that switching back and forth with a 2015 and 2006 Wings. My impressions were the older model is lighter steering and more nimble. It handled curves better, taking less effort to set up into turns, and has more ground clearance leaning into curves. One ride was 150 miles with 3 friends and we all switched back and forth between the 2006, the 2018, and a ST1300. My friends shared my impressions and wished Honda's new Wing handled sportier than the old one to go along with the sleeker styling, DCT option, modern electronics & suspension of the new one instead of losing the sharper handling of the older one in exchange for bells and whistles. Handling is subjective of course and not everyone likes to carve the corners.

As far as increased power and mpg goes, that is pretty much a wash. The new engine produces 98 hp and 108 ft/lbs of torque against the 101 hp and 106 ft/lbs the old one puts the ground. I ride often with a guy with a 2018 manual Tour and he gets about 50 mpg when I'm getting 42 so our range is about 250 miles with him burning 5 of his 5.5 and me burning 6 of my 6.6.

The no frills low OTD price dealers like Schroaders and Russellville buy dusty Goldwings from other dealers and buy American Honda repos from distressed dealerships. Schroaders had 5 or 6 2018s when I was there last October. We rented one of them for a couple of days to sample it on twisty mountain roads. I'm not sure unsold inventory from dealers like this is indicative of lack of sales of the new model. Friends I have in the industry continue to say how well the bike is selling and my local dealership seems to move them along OK.

I find myself at odds with those the believe the new one handles better than the old one. I was fortunate to demo a 2018 DCT for about 1000 miles to this point, much of that switching back and forth with a 2015 and 2006 Wings. My impressions are the older model is lighter steering and more nimble. It handled curves better, taking less effort to set up into turns, and has more ground clearance leaning into curves. One ride was 150 miles with 3 friends and we all switched back and forth between the 2006, the 2018, and a ST1300. My friends shared my impressions and wished Honda's updated Wing handled sportier than the old one to go along with the sleeker styling, DCT option, modern electronics & suspension of the new one instead of losing the sharper handling of the older one in exchange for bells and whistles. Handling is subjective of course and not everyone likes to carve the corners.

As far as increased power and mpg goes, that is pretty much a wash. The new engine produces 98 hp and 108 ft/lbs of torque against the 101 hp and 106 ft/lbs the old one puts the ground. I ride often with a guy with a 2018 manual Tour and he gets about 50 mpg when I'm getting 42 so our range is about 250 miles with him burning 5 of his 5.5 and me burning 6 of my 6.6. I call that even.

Back