• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020 NC750 DCT 600 Mile Review

mtnbiker1185

Reaction score
Visit site
After 600 miles in a little less than a month, I decided to write a quick pros and cons list of the 2020 NC750 DCT for those who are not sure if they want to purchase the bike or not. While 600 miles of mostly highway riding doesn't give me a full impression of the bike, it has let me make a list of what works and doesn't for me. My overall impression of this motorcycle is that I enjoy it and do not regret buying it in the least bit. Now is it exciting, or even really fun, to ride? No, at least not compared to my Harley Seventy-two, but that isn't the reason I bought this bike or even what it was made for. Some of the pro items on my list will also be on my cons list and the cons list is more of a list of things that would have made the bike better for me, more so than a list of things wrong with the actual motorcycle.

Anyway, on to my list.

PROS
- The DCT is actually rather useful for me. While I was on the fence as to whether I would like it or not, it makes getting through the front gate of the military base I work at easier and faster. I can't comment on how it works in traffic as there isn't much right now and my riding has been pretty much all highway which makes the transmission type transparent for the most part.
- Having the frunk is 'yuge'. I don't have to carry a backpack with me to carry extra things or carry my helmet into work even. This was the defining factor in my decision to buy an NC750 and has proven to be a good one.
- Fuel mileage is a major benefit. Now the only thing I have to compare it to is my Ram 1500 and the Seventy-two I had before (which had a peanut tank and would only get like 60-70 miles to the tank). So for me, this is a big improvement but may not be for others.

CONS
- Deceleration of the DCT. When you let off the throttle the bike slows down, like hitting the brakes and shifts the weight forward slow down. While I haven't ridden in heavy traffic yet (thanks Corona), I do feel the deceleration is too much to not cause the brake lights to come on. Now, this can be fixed by applying the brakes enough to cause the brake lights to come on, but one should not have to do that every time they let off the throttle.
- Lack of cruise control. Considering the DCT is an automatic, electronic cruise control would have been nice. While the bike can handle highway speeds (70-75 mph) just fine, I find that I have to readjust my grip on the throttle to comfortably maintain that speed. I contribute this to the throttle not 'resetting' when shifting gears like what would happen with a manual transmission.
- Frunk. It is slightly too small for my Large Shoei Neotec 2. While the helmet fits, it is tight and actually got scratched on the sides from bolt heads in the frunk. I was able to help with this by putting electrical tape over the bolt heads, but having it just a tiny bit bigger would make it better.
- Reserve. When the reserve comes one, the display shows you how far and how many gallons you have consumed since reserve came on. While helpful, I would rather it count down vice up. Counting up makes one have to remember how big reserve is while counting down makes it easy for one to see how much gas is actually left until they are pushing or walking.

Thanks for the review. I come from primarily a dual sport background. I rarely write on forums, but this bike I really like. Mine is a 2018. I've had it a couple years and have done no Iron Butt trips (I'm a member) but think it would probably work even with my old (69) frame (6'2"). I find it plenty quick and hugely maneuverable. Feels really like a go-anywhere bike with the right tires/bash plate/etc. It would be true to say that I have really like several of my bikes, and this NS750DCT is one of my favorites. Looking forward to a long trip with it.

Back