• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, rode to Red River Gorge Ky....took the long way over-back country roads (4.5 hours to get there). It took 45 minutes to ride thru the gorge...stopped on the other side of a one lane tunnel to rest before the ride back...Storms were heading in so took the quick way home (superslab)-2.5 hours...picture is of the bike during the break...the car in the background is waiting for the cars coming the other way....and it is dark in that tunnel...No lights except from your vehicle and only about 10' wide....
20200525_144505[1].jpg

It's been decades since I last saw Burma Shave signs :)

I'd guess, just judging from their appearance, that these "Burma Shave" signs were installed/maintained by the AZ highway folks . I think there's two sign sets eastbound and two sets westbound just on this short section of 66 and even more between Seligman and Kingman.

Sort of a salute to the past and a thing of joy to us old farts!

It’s a new year and a new What did you do to/with your NC700 today?thread!
Well went for a 4 hour ride first time with a group. I usually prefer to ride solo but I figured I would give it a try. So what a collection of bikes. Every sort of ride you could imagine. Had a good time though. My NC is still totally stock. Just turned 2000 km and running great. My only thought is my throttle hand gets very tired on long drives. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue???C2092779-3609-4EB9-B75C-AA514D75CA4B.png

Yeah, the NC throttle return spring has a lot more pull-back than the one on my WR250R throttle, which is like butter yet very accurate. Rubberoid throttle assist I like better than Crampbuster brand plastic throttle assist; I no longer hate that overbearing Honda spring so much ; }

b53566f0-266e-4806-b592-5a9417e0c5fb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same trouble in the Smokey mountains a couple weeks ago. 992 miles in four days killed my right hand. I’m trying this throttle lock to at least give my hand a break every now and then. FA67C87A-1FAD-4FD2-877B-ABEC2514234A.jpeg

Yeah, the NC throttle return spring has a lot more pull-back than the one on my WR250R throttle, which is like butter yet very accurate. Rubberoid throttle assist I like better than Crampbuster brand plastic throttle assist; I no longer hate that overbearing Honda spring so much ; }

b53566f0-266e-4806-b592-5a9417e0c5fb.jpg

Thats the type I use. Great items and they don't take up much room on the grip. However, they do slip slightly and have to be occasionally readjusted.

Thats the type I use. Great items and they don't take up much room on the grip. However, they do slip slightly and have to be occasionally readjusted.
Seems like the plastic spoons do too, but yeah, after a three years or so mine started to slip more than I cared for. The Honda grips are hard and slick without any texture which doesn't help. I finally did a trick with a zip tie that practically welds the assist to the grip without being in the way. Eventually I'll put some decent grips on my NC like the ones on my WR.

Lol cramp buster and grip puppies perfect I will have to look and see where I can find such a thing. Thanks
Personally I think a cramp-buster is a wonderful thing ... UNLESS you have a DCT. If you have a DCT then a cramp buster is a bit dangerous. Don't ask me how I know. But its not a good thing. After 2 instances of unintentional forward motion I removed the cramp buster from my DCT 750x.

Strong advocate of Grip Puppies!

And any sort of "throttle lock" (GoCruise, Atlas, etc) will help too.

Why does a throttle assist cause more problems with DCT than without?

I had the same trouble in the Smokey mountains a couple weeks ago. 992 miles in four days killed my right hand. I’m trying this throttle lock to at least give my hand a break every now and then. View attachment 42184
992 miles in 4 days I bet your hand was numb. Threw the Smokey Mountains would be awesome!!

992 miles in 4 days I bet your hand was numb. Threw the Smokey Mountains would be awesome!!
In 2014, when I did my butt burner (1000 miles in less than 24 hours-all but 20 miles on the superslab-did it in 17 hours), I had a throttle assist and only used it a few times in southern Alabama....too many hills which plays havoc with speed when using a throttle assist (they dont automatically change speed like a true cruise control).

In 2014, when I did my butt burner (1000 miles in less than 24 hours-all but 20 miles on the superslab-did it in 17 hours), I had a throttle assist and only used it a few times in southern Alabama....too many hills which plays havoc with speed when using a throttle assist (they dont automatically change speed like a true cruise control).
BTW, when I refer to a "throttle assist" I'm talking about those things that make it easy to twist the throttle via extra leverage at the palm... because Crampbusters which may have once been generic is a brand name. As far as cruise control nothing I've ridden would truly ever benefit from that – fortunately ; }

Yep,,,this is what I have on my NC700x. I use mine closer to my thumb-I use my thumb more than pressing down with my wrist...always using the cramp buster.
1590694884313.png

I also have one of these, for long stretches of straight road (flatistan-aka Florida). Hardly ever use it...only on straight level roads when I need to use the right hand for something...open visor, adjust glasses, etc...
1590695077696.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back