• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little social distancing. Solo ride. Supposed to thunderstorm but the sun came out after I pulled back into the garage.

fullsizeoutput-78da.jpg

eF4142rATqSZitEkhL7S2A.jpg

fullsizeoutput_78d8.jpg

fullsizeoutput_78db.jpg
We have the same year (fastest color ever put on the NC) and tires. Hello, brother!

My wife and I have a decent slice of property, and hosted an outdoor graduation party for my nephew. I spent a fair amount of time this past week making up some large outdoor yard games for the occasion. On my way home from the hardware store yesterday though, I had to stop the figure out what was causing the terrible whine coming from my bike.
Itdidn't 20200605_183635.jpg take too long for me to get a little chuckle when I figured out what was causing the noise. The small sections of pipe that I was transporting were catching the air and playing their own tune.
I was thinking of cutting several lengths and diameters of conduit and affixing on the top of my madstad...like a giant pan flute for the NC to play.

Went for a long ride yesterday. Fuel gauge started blinking On my way back home.
Finally mounted a tool tube this morning for an extra fuel bottle. Now I can test how accurate my fuel reserve “count-up” is with a 1-liter safety net in the tube.
B3AD8AFC-E984-4A15-9DF4-F3907EB55752.jpeg

Went for a long ride yesterday. Fuel gauge started blinking On my way back home.
Finally mounted a tool tube this morning for an extra fuel bottle. Now I can test how accurate my fuel reserve “count-up” is with a 1-liter safety net in the tube.
View attachment 42249
I once coasted into Merrill, Oregon on what my bike claimed to have been the final tenth of a gallon. I filled 3.52 gallons.

Beautiful town. The cows outnumber people by orders of magnitude. Not another gas station for miles around. Not much else, for that matter.

My pillion was extremely grateful for not having to help push the loaded NC in the July heat. The meter seems fairly accurate :cool:

Changed out my chain for the 2nd time.

Yea, nobody panic, While this means that I only have an average of 17 k on each chain it wasn't because it was actually time, it was because I tried to change lubricants. I can now definitively say not to use the liquid wrench chain lubricant. It actually did the opposite. Perhaps I took the instruction "the longer it dries, the better" too far by waiting a whole 24 hours but regardless it trashed the chain.

Oh and the first chain at 17,500 was because I changed out the sprockets.

Changed out my chain for the 2nd time.

Yea, nobody panic, While this means that I only have an average of 17 k on each chain it wasn't because it was actually time, it was because I tried to change lubricants. I can now definitively say not to use the liquid wrench chain lubricant. It actually did the opposite. Perhaps I took the instruction "the longer it dries, the better" too far by waiting a whole 24 hours but regardless it trashed the chain.

Oh and the first chain at 17,500 was because I changed out the sprockets.
Interesting. I use Liquid Wrench Chain and Cable lube in the spray can. @5000 miles and two years the chain still looks like new. No stretch. No kinks. No rust.

JT

Rode up to Seymour Indiana today; slow ride on country roads...White River dam on north-side of Seymour off of Hwy 11.

Edit: Dale's well nut plates did as expected (first ride since installing them)...nothing came loose and windshield actually had less vibration...

20200607_131359[1].jpg

Last edited:
Rode up to Seymour Indiana today; slow ride on country roads...White River dam on north-side of Seymour off of Hwy 11.
Those are often the best rides for relaxation and mind clearing. We often head down to a farm that has a restaurant/dairy and attractions. It’s 40 miles, much of that is via interstate 65. We never take the interstate. The slow way is the good way.

Winding roads along rivers, narrow 2 lane roads and sleepy towns make for better rides than super slabs.

One of these days we’ll have to meet up in Brown County or some similar place for a Post-Covid fun ride.

View attachment 42249
I like how you mounted these. Can you please post a more detailed piece in the Mods section? More pics would be helpful.

Those are often the best rides for relaxation and mind clearing. We often head down to a farm that has a restaurant/dairy and attractions. It’s 40 miles, much of that is via interstate 65. We never take the interstate. The slow way is the good way.

Winding roads along rivers, narrow 2 lane roads and sleepy towns make for better rides than super slabs.

One of these days we’ll have to meet up in Brown County or some similar place for a Post-Covid fun ride.
yes we will....to go to Nashville, Indiana, I take Indiana Hwy 39-sometimes combine small, narrow, county roads which intersect with hwy 39.

I like how you mounted these. Can you please post a more detailed piece in the Mods section? More pics would be helpful.
I just used a 1” clamp on the lower frame and a 3/4” clamp on the upper end on the SW-Motech rack bar. Two bolts, a couple of washers and lock nuts is all it took. About $3 in parts from the hardware store.

Since it’s mounted to the bike frame, I can detach the quick release side racks if I want to. And the tube stays on the bike.

JT

Of all the spray-app chain lubes I've tried I like this the best, $5 for 14 ounces at Walmart – though I usually just use gear lube, especially since Ryan Fortnine tested a bunch of chain lubes including gear lube. The Champion Lube doesn't fling, it gives good indication of application and stays on a long time. Much like what my Regina chain was shipped with.

13374.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back