• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenboy, if the Montana Dept. of Tourism hasn’t contacted you by now - someone has seriously screwed up. Or else they don’t want the extra visitors ;-)

LOVE the pictures. If I last long enough for the vaccine, I’m headed your way. Been to Montana before but only skimmed it on my way elsewhere. You, sir, are in the Promised Land.

Was up until 2:30am last night. Heading to Kalispell for some shopping now. Greenboy I yelled " A HONDA " as I drove by you. Nice camera and not so much hair on your head. The Suzuki 900 and Yamaha R1 at other end of your parking lot you took goats pic. Is who I talked with at Village and Logan Pass. I was waiting to chat with you at Logan Pass. But you must of been on your way down. It's windy today.

I completed the show key mod on my seat. Not real happy with the gap at the storage compartment but much more comfortable to ride.

Beautiful country you have here Greenboy ! Rode to Kalispell then White Fish for lunch. Pin & Cue.. Back to Hungry Horse. I almost don't want to leave my campsite!

Beautiful country you have here Greenboy ! Rode to Kalispell then White Fish for lunch. Pin & Cue.. Back to Hungry Horse. I almost don't want to leave my campsite!
How much longer are you around?

Greenboy, if the Montana Dept. of Tourism hasn’t contacted you by now - someone has seriously screwed up. Or else they don’t want the extra visitors ;-)
No help needed with a lot of so-called pro photographers hungry for commissions. I'm glad to not have to play that game : }

...With Montana's initial low Covid figures, everybody figured this was a great place to come. Clueless locals are only lately discovering that masks and social distancing might not be such bad ideas after all as the figures have really climbed. I'm sure the gazillion tourists plugging up the roads and camping sites and facilities will be blamed but as always there's plenty of blame to go around ; }

LOVE the pictures. If I last long enough for the vaccine, I’m headed your way. Been to Montana before but only skimmed it on my way elsewhere. You, sir, are in the Promised Land.
I thought that was some other place. It's always on the horizon and never at home ; }

We could do a ride if you are around. PM your phone # if that sounds good.

Mid to high 90s today. I made sure there wasn't anything in my pockets and walked into Lake Saint Mary today and totally dunked, Klim Outlander GTX boots and all! Man, I was cool the rest of the day, save for the last hour, after I left the park

Hey GB, i remember how beautiful the Saint Mary Lake area is... and the Grizzly Bear we saw while riding by last year and i got that picture/video of it! What a great area to ride!! :{)

Rolled into camp this evening with an almost empty gas tank. 246 miles showing so far on this tank, so I probably got 80+ mpg today. There's gotta be at least a quart left; I'll gas up in the morning.

It was a perfect day of riding in the Ozark mountains. Now I’m just admiring the bike with the sun setting behind it and a beer in my hand. Ahhh. . .

51A9C6E1-DD89-49E4-9D86-9EF5CD29D1DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey GB, i remember how beautiful the Saint Mary Lake area is... and the Grizzly Bear we saw while riding by last year and i got that picture/video of it! What a great area to ride!! :{)
Kinda sucky today: tourist hell. Fortunately one can always find a parking place on a bike, or a place where people aren't stacked 10 deep. But when it comes to driving, evidently a vacation means you can forget safety, common sense, courtesy, rules of the road, and how to park ; }

Nothing so exciting as you guys.

Rode to my Honda dealership, returned the 2 horns they ordered and said were a "direct fit" because they were not. Reordered new horns. Rode back home a different route. The dealership is about 40 minutes away. So I was gone for about 2 hours, including the time I was at the Honda shop.

Went to Notre Dame today for the final Parent/Student activities during move-in week to be with Dasha. I took her to campus on Saturday in my truck and moved her into her dorm room. She is not actually my daughter, she is a saber fencing student of mine from Russia, but in the USA my family pretty much has become her family. We travel together to tournaments, and even took her on vacation with us. She earned a college scholarship to Notre Dame for fencing, and ND has the best fencing record over the past 10 years in fencing. Currently has the best Saber coach in the world too. I was just there for a few hours for the parent activities. Campus is about a 2 hour ride from my home.

On my way home I took a break at the tollroad oasis and 3 guys in front of me at the Starbucks were riding from Massachusetts to Sturgis. One of them was from the same suburb of Boston as where Dasha completed high school. We talked for about a half hour, I gave them directions to get around some of the grief/construction in the Chicago area traffic, and then I continued on my way while they continued their break.

Wrapped up my 4 day, 1,075 mile ride in the Ozark mountains of southern Missouri and northern Arkansas. This is one of my favorite places to ride a motorcycle. You know how it is when the weather is good, the roads are good, the motorcycle is purring along, and you don’t care where you go, you just want to keep going.

Went back to sub-90F weather awhile back, but today was the first day I've ridden for awhile. 65F to 79, and plenty of breeze, and later even gusting. Sweet. Met a couple from Portland, on AT and 2014 NC. The NC lady (whose name I forget) said she's never been on this forum, really didn't seem too interested. I admire that ; }

Anyway, here's a few shots. Got more than I realized, but I want to wash my mask now and then eat homemade designer pizza...

2020-08-09 12;53;48 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-08-09 13;08;38 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-08-09 15;38;26 by greenboy, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back