2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

greenboy

Reaction score
Mid to high 90s today. I made sure there wasn't anything in my pockets and walked into Lake Saint Mary today and totally dunked, Klim Outlander GTX boots and all! Man, I was cool the rest of the day, save for the last hour, after I left the park.

Anyway, nice bumper Grom – matches my helmet. And a pink Vespa for the lady. These people were from the northeast, but they've ridden these in many parts of the West and the East. they replaced some Chinese scoots they had for a number of years, for the same purpose. But they had to work on them so much they finally junked 'em and got these.

2020-08-02 12;45;35 by greenboy, on Flickr

halfSpinDoctor

Site Supporter
Reaction score
You are correct! I ride the silver/black 2013 model, and the friend who invited me has a 2014 in black.

Red Rider

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Greenboy, if the Montana Dept. of Tourism hasn’t contacted you by now - someone has seriously screwed up. Or else they don’t want the extra visitors ;-)

LOVE the pictures. If I last long enough for the vaccine, I’m headed your way. Been to Montana before but only skimmed it on my way elsewhere. You, sir, are in the Promised Land.

12xoldy

Reaction score
Was up until 2:30am last night. Heading to Kalispell for some shopping now. Greenboy I yelled " A HONDA " as I drove by you. Nice camera and not so much hair on your head. The Suzuki 900 and Yamaha R1 at other end of your parking lot you took goats pic. Is who I talked with at Village and Logan Pass. I was waiting to chat with you at Logan Pass. But you must of been on your way down. It's windy today.

Havok

Reaction score
I completed the show key mod on my seat. Not real happy with the gap at the storage compartment but much more comfortable to ride.

12xoldy

Reaction score
Beautiful country you have here Greenboy ! Rode to Kalispell then White Fish for lunch. Pin & Cue.. Back to Hungry Horse. I almost don't want to leave my campsite!

greenboy

Reaction score
Greenboy, if the Montana Dept. of Tourism hasn’t contacted you by now - someone has seriously screwed up. Or else they don’t want the extra visitors ;-)
No help needed with a lot of so-called pro photographers hungry for commissions. I'm glad to not have to play that game : }

...With Montana's initial low Covid figures, everybody figured this was a great place to come. Clueless locals are only lately discovering that masks and social distancing might not be such bad ideas after all as the figures have really climbed. I'm sure the gazillion tourists plugging up the roads and camping sites and facilities will be blamed but as always there's plenty of blame to go around ; }

LOVE the pictures. If I last long enough for the vaccine, I’m headed your way. Been to Montana before but only skimmed it on my way elsewhere. You, sir, are in the Promised Land.
I thought that was some other place. It's always on the horizon and never at home ; }

Rapturee

Reaction score
Mid to high 90s today. I made sure there wasn't anything in my pockets and walked into Lake Saint Mary today and totally dunked, Klim Outlander GTX boots and all! Man, I was cool the rest of the day, save for the last hour, after I left the park

Hey GB, i remember how beautiful the Saint Mary Lake area is... and the Grizzly Bear we saw while riding by last year and i got that picture/video of it! What a great area to ride!! :{)

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Rolled into camp this evening with an almost empty gas tank. 246 miles showing so far on this tank, so I probably got 80+ mpg today. There's gotta be at least a quart left; I'll gas up in the morning.

It was a perfect day of riding in the Ozark mountains. Now I’m just admiring the bike with the sun setting behind it and a beer in my hand. Ahhh. . .

51A9C6E1-DD89-49E4-9D86-9EF5CD29D1DB.jpeg

Last edited:

greenboy

Reaction score
Hey GB, i remember how beautiful the Saint Mary Lake area is... and the Grizzly Bear we saw while riding by last year and i got that picture/video of it! What a great area to ride!! :{)
Kinda sucky today: tourist hell. Fortunately one can always find a parking place on a bike, or a place where people aren't stacked 10 deep. But when it comes to driving, evidently a vacation means you can forget safety, common sense, courtesy, rules of the road, and how to park ; }

greenboy

Reaction score

melensdad

Reaction score
Nothing so exciting as you guys.

Rode to my Honda dealership, returned the 2 horns they ordered and said were a "direct fit" because they were not. Reordered new horns. Rode back home a different route. The dealership is about 40 minutes away. So I was gone for about 2 hours, including the time I was at the Honda shop.