• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a 150 km ride to try out my latest additions to my ride.
I installed the Smarter Turn System, Madstad 16” windscreen and Gidibi chain oiler.
very happy with all three additions.
I initially tried the Madstad at the lowest position then tried it at the full height.
At full height the top is level with my chin, best position so far.
I’ll report back next week as I’m going on a three day ride if the weather will cooperate.

Saw the NC-ridin' guy from Texas I met at the gas station a few days back, up in Glacier NP this time. Curt and I rode together and BS'd a lot. His Puig windscreen really is a pretty good design, better than the ones for the earlier NCs. He's owned a lot of bikes but really likes DCT a lot – enough to influence future purchases I bet ; } ...We might get together and ride somewhere else in the next few days before he heads back home in his toy-hauler 5th-wheel. On another riff, my new brake pads are great. By feel and looks I think Honda changed the rear pad design since the original set on my 2013.

2020-08-26 14;42;40 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-08-26 15;07;06 by greenboy, on Flickr

Great pics as always GB, thanks again for sharing them with all of us! :{)

Today i installed the new pillion air cushion seat. It appears to be really comfortable when i tried it, but we'll see what the pillion has to say about it. :{)
Pillion air cushion .jpg

It appears to fit great and the tank is still easy to access. :{)
Pillion air cushion2.jpg

I also installed a new windscreen air deflector ($20 cheapy from Amazon) tinted to match the Parabellum screen. :{)
Windscreen air deflector.jpg

Windscreen air deflector2.jpg

I also cleaned the Frunk out, reorganized the MSR tool bag and Frunk contents to make sure i had all that i felt i would need to make any necessary repairs/adjustments while on the road. I do carry Motorcycle specific AAA, but still... :{)

About 270 miles. Rode down to a section of the Clark Fork and checked out some roads on the SW shore. Got up to 90F pretty quickly but not so bad along the river. Glacial Lake Missoula probably covered some of where the course is now but a majority of it runs in the channel created by the repeated catastrophic blowouts of the glacial lake when it floated the ice dam on its east side. Got a lot of sorting to do so only four pics for now, all from the less affected area. Further down it's obvious the raging waters blasted away mountains and mountains of rock and sent it as far away as the west coast. These recurring events were not like eons-slow erosion.

2020-08-28 13;48;42 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-08-28 13;56;07 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-08-28 14;00;44 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-08-28 14;09;13 by greenboy, on Flickr

Modified sidestand duly noted. Hopefully that is not the head of a nail in your tyre in pic #2
No, just one of the many gravel/chips that the Road 5 will pick up in the course of a day, some not to be dislodged by fast travel and need to be pried out. ...A few more pics from that ride:

2020-08-28 13;38;45 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-08-28 13;39;21 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-08-28 14;01;27 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-08-28 14;14;38 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-08-28 15;03;39 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoyed a 165 mile round trip to camp at Orphan Point Saddle and hike up Widow Mountain. Lovely paved roads with some difficult but fun dirt and not so fun loose gravel (when encountering on-comers speeding around blind corners in the middle of the road). Beautiful scenery though. IMG_4976.JPGIMG_5048.JPGIMG_5113.JPGIMG_5134.JPG

Mid to high 90s today. I made sure there wasn't anything in my pockets and walked into Lake Saint Mary today and totally dunked, Klim Outlander GTX boots and all! Man, I was cool the rest of the day, save for the last hour, after I left the park.

Anyway, nice bumper Grom – matches my helmet. And a pink Vespa for the lady. These people were from the northeast, but they've ridden these in many parts of the West and the East. they replaced some Chinese scoots they had for a number of years, for the same purpose. But they had to work on them so much they finally junked 'em and got these.

2020-08-02 12;45;35 by greenboy, on Flickr
Soooooooo can I ride with you girls on my NC 750 I have always ride with a scooter?

Soooooooo can I ride with you girls on my NC 750 I have always ride with a scooter?
images

Just finished a three day ride with George who I met from from the Volusia Forum Almost 10 years ago.
We met up Thursday on the way to Horseshoe Valley in Ontario, me from Niagara-on-the-Lake, George from Etobicoke. We did a ride on Friday to Waswaga Beach, Collingwood, Thornbury then back to home base at Carriage Ridge Resort.
Friday morning we left for the main event, Canada’s 911 Ride.
Due to Covid19 this years event was only a one day ride, usually a two day event fully supported by local Motorcycle Police.
Great days ride with money raised for the Mickey Network for Portable defibrillators.
My distance travelled for the three days was just under 1000km.
My NC750X DCT out performed my expectations. Absolutely terrific on the highway, even in 75 kph wind gusts. The additions that I made to the ride worked great.
Those were the Madstad 16” windscreen, Gidibi chain oiler and the Smarter Turn System.
Cheers All
Stevo

Enjoyed a 165 mile round trip to camp at Orphan Point Saddle and hike up Widow Mountain. Lovely paved roads with some difficult but fun dirt and not so fun loose gravel (when encountering on-comers speeding around blind corners in the middle of the road). Beautiful scenery though. View attachment 42834View attachment 42835View attachment 42836View attachment 42837
Yeah, cool pics. That blind corners comment is all too common here, especially among the tourists renting side-by-sides. Fortunately they don't get to a lot of the scary-dropoff 1-lane/1.5-lane places I often go. There's enough Montanans making big dust at some of those places as it is...

No, just one of the many gravel/chips that the Road 5 will pick up in the course of a day, some not to be dislodged by fast travel and need to be pried out.

Same issue on the PR4 which I run on the rear of the X-Adv. They still give me a start when I see them.

Nice ride to Rabbit Hash Ky yesterday... Numerous bikes and cars, most people were social distancing...The general store appeared crowded so I stayed out...Perfect day of riding...No rain, high of 80'F, mostly sunny....IMG_20200830_133643[1].jpg

FYI... Castrol ActEvo 10W-30 motorcycle oil is on sale at Amazon.com using a 20% off coupon. 6qt case $31. That’s $5.19 per quart. Not a bad price. Cheaper than Walmart.

I’ve been running this in both my bikes the last few years without any issues. I bought more for my next oil change. Seems to be good stuff and priced reasonably.

JT

Nice ride to Rabbit Hash Ky yesterday... Numerous bikes and cars, most people were social distancing...The general store appeared crowded so I stayed out...Perfect day of riding...No rain, high of 80'F, mostly sunny....View attachment 42839
Seems like a lot of people congregating just to practice their social distancing skills. Hmmm.

FYI... Castrol ActEvo 10W-30 motorcycle oil is on sale at Amazon.com using a 20% off coupon. 6qt case $31. That’s $5.19 per quart. Not a bad price. Cheaper than Walmart.

I’ve been running this in both my bikes the last few years without any issues. I bought more for my next oil change. Seems to be good stuff and priced reasonably.

JT
Thanks for posting. Yes, I’ve bought the Castrol on this coupon deal in the past. Motorcycle 10w-30 can be hard to find, and this stuff is reasonably priced. I can buy Valvoline locally for about $4.00 a quart but it comes as 10w-40, no 30.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back