• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, those look pretty nice - source?

They seem to be good quality, 3M adhesive. I have not yet got to test ride them, maybe today. But they are good quality for the price in my opinion.

So went to meet the gang for our Wednesday ride but no one showed up with their bikes. They all fancy harleys and such and they didn’t want to get them dirty. I’m thinking to my self that motorcycles are made to ride but I didn’t say a word. Stayed for a quick bite AD2A9C34-2F27-4BCC-9D12-F48ACEF7A298.jpeg to eat and then headed out on my own. So some rain some mud some wind what a great ride. I love riding in all the elements. I dress for the ride at hand that day and enjoy it for what it is. When I got back I let the bike cool for a little while then pulled out the pressure washer and blasted it off hit the chain with some chain oil and pulled into the garage. Ready for my next adventure.

So many "farkles" added to bikes are really for looks, but this is actually a practical AND good looking tank gripper.
Agreed. The sparkle part of farkle refers to the items added for looks. The F in farkle comes from function. The tank pads seem to have looks and function, hence it’s a good farkle.

Farkle can also be said to mean: Fancy Accessory, Really Kool, Likely Expensive.

So many "farkles" added to bikes are really for looks, but this is actually a practical AND good looking tank gripper.

Honestly they are going to take some getting used to. I like the grip when cornering and braking, but they also produce friction when shifting. Didn't realize I was squeezing the frunk so much with my leg when shifting. Overall, huge improvement for minimal investment.

Yesterday I went on a 170 mile round trip to Mount Holly, VT to attend a sale of property that belonged to a friend in my BMW club. He was killed several months ago when he was hit head on by a distracted driver who had drifted into his lane. I did my best to empty my wallet, I even bought his old bicycle that I now have to figure out how to get home.

Yesterday all i did was look at the ole' girl through the back slider, at 22f and lots of windchill...
morning winter wonderland Oct 2020.JPG

today, it was much the same with 14f and light breezes... :{P
morning winter wonderland2 Oct 2020.JPG

Beautiful riding. 40-ish degrees. Bright skies. Crossed the state line into Illinois and headed into some farm country, followed the Kankakee river a bit, ran some 4 lane divided highway, mostly 2 lane, and a little gravel road too. Small towns, nice country.

6C3B0B1B-86DF-466C-8049-00CEAADDB481.jpg

9EFE9AF1-613A-4E9C-B59D-69AFFA20DBDD.jpg

836A3A28-F523-41ED-99EC-C52BF5ED9F48.jpg

D23D0955-D219-4BDD-A9D3-0CA65D224A16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is some really nice looking luggage you have there Smokey!! Wow, i like those Givi bags. I recently received mine as well however i'm still waiting for the luggage rack system to arrive from Kharkiv Ukraine from mMoto. :{)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back