• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're in the frozen north you dream of the day you can ride to work ;)
Year round motorcycle weather is definitely in the "pros" column of living in this part of Texas. I'm originally from southern Illinois so the only winter riding I did was on my dirt bike if it was slick, still rode street bike in the cold just not the precipitation

Year round motorcycle weather is definitely in the "pros" column of living in this part of Texas. I'm originally from southern Illinois so the only winter riding I did was on my dirt bike if it was slick, still rode street bike in the cold just not the precipitation
I looked up Katy, Texas on a map. You can ride in the SUMMER there? You’re a hardier person than me.

I ride in Illinois in some of the winter, but not much in July and August.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum!

I looked up Katy, Texas on a map. You can ride in the SUMMER there? You’re a hardier person than me.

I ride in Illinois in some of the winter, but not much in July and August.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum!
Here the mesh gear is big, still hot AF but once you're moving to me it beats just sitting in traffic and it gives me access to the HOV lane which cuts 15 to 20 off my commute

Added 1" risers today, getting ready for a long road trip back home, new bulb, oil/filter and still have to go over tire pressures, other fluids, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_195556736.jpg
    IMG_20200312_195556736.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200312_195341302.jpg
    IMG_20200312_195341302.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
More thorough cleaning and shine application tonight, and stripped the xl100 further!

Attachments

• IMG_20200315_234931561.jpg
    IMG_20200315_234931561.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200316_001818417.jpg
    IMG_20200316_001818417.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
What did I do? Looked longingly at my recently installed Bridgestone Adventure A41, hoping to get past scrub-in, in weather above 50F, someday...

Forgot to mention a few days back that have my Cogent shock and Eibach spring on now. Which should make it all the more apparent how badly the stock forks need to be upgraded ; }

2020-03-06 13;54;26 by greenboy, on Flickr

I've got somewhere between 25,000 and 27,000 miles on my old chain and it's starting to become apparent by oscillating sound at lower speeds that it's developing some kinks. It's needed to be adjusted back several times recently too; "stretch" speeds up at the end of a useful chain life.

So I ordered a Regina Black Dual chain at a special price and it showed up yesterday afternoon. It's a newer chain model. Among other bullet points it's got Z-RINGS which are said to seal better and last longer than X-rings and offer up less friction as well – and it's been subjected to PRE-STRETCHING. Comes with both types of master links, and the chain is bagged with a heavy grease application that resembles the Champion Chain Lube Spray lithium spray grease I favor when I'm not using gear oil.

new.jpg

So, for the foreseeable future, I will be riding into work. I need a new transmission (or rebuilt one) in my car before I can commute fully. The local bus company, TARC, just canceled all express routes - I have to take an express route to get to work as the surface bus takes more than 2 hours and I would not get to work on time.

OK, so the up side is I am on the bike. The down side is instead of $85 a month to get to work, I will now have to spend $120 for parking and then the gas for the 25 mile trip every day. And I have the frustration of dealing with traffic, weather, road conditions and everything else that goes with driving into downtown. Traffic right now with nearly everyone working from home isnt a huge deal, but that will pass eventually.

Yes, I did ask TARC if they were only doing this for the next few weeks, but no, they told me it was permanent. And, even though I bought my pass on the 18th, and they canceled the routes on the 19th, they still wont give me a refund.

So I contacted a friend of mine at the local news and she's pitching the story to their investigative team.

I have been wanting to do some maintenance and mods to the NC, but i have been working on the septic system (trenching 170 feet for a new drain line), and hot water heater exploded. (Not literally). You know what I'm talking about life's unscheduled events. I want to replace the coolant, brake fluid, and put on that new muffler.
The fluids are original from 2016 and the bike only has 1089 miles on it. The longest trip was to the NC Gathering at the Kickstand Lodge last year. 169 miles one way. Then the wife and I took a ride around Dale Hollow Lake on Christmas Day. That is when she discovered why I wanted to replace both seats on the NC!
I take almost weekly 12 mile rides around my block here on the gravel and chipped asphalt roads. I get to dodge the cars, which drive down the middle of the road in the blind curves and the occasional dogs. Deer and livestock are always a possibility, but I rarely see any on the road.
I was hoping there was going to be another NC Gathering this year, but with the cancelling of all things due to the Corona virus, I'm beginning to doubt it will happen this spring. Enough for now. Off to Lowe's to look at vinyl flooring. Beautiful weather forecast for Central Tennessee today. I know I'm going to get a few miles in. i hope you all get in a safe ride today..

My bike was down for over a week because I screwed up the rear brake pad replacement. I strongly recommend taking the whole thing off to rebuild or replace. Which means pulling the axle halfway out. I misaligned the larger slider bolt and chewed up the aluminum caliper. Luckily:rolleyes: It rained all week but the part didn't come in until Monday night at 6 pm, right at the end of my weekend. It was still raining on Tuesday anyway and then Wednesday it snowed in Flagstaff and I couldn't run that day at all, giving me a chance to get it done. Once I figured out the correct way to replace pads it went together quick, other than needing 3 hands to bleed the rear brake. But it had been sitting for 10 days by that point and the battery was dead. So a little ride had to be done to burnish the brakes and charge the battery. Thursday was another rain day in Phoenix but I finally got back on it on Friday and Saturday. Looks like next weekend I'll finally have to change the front tire that the shop put on. That Dunlap lasted almost 20,000 miles. At least my wife is finally letting me get a car so that I don't have to drive my 20 year old pickup truck on rain days or when I'm waiting for parts since the bike has over 30k on it now and will probably need more tlc.

Pulled mine out of the shed for a long day but a slight fork seal leak put a stop to that. Used the Suzuki instead. Must look up some of those temporary fork seal fixes to tide me over during the current emergency.

Rode in again today. Breezy, wet and foggy. Hoping the ride home will be better. Sun's out now, but supposed to be cloudy again for the ride home.

Rode in again today. Breezy, wet and foggy. Hoping the ride home will be better. Sun's out now, but supposed to be cloudy again for the ride home.
Be safe man. I have been on vacation in Florida for 10 days but heading back tomorrow since Indiana goes into lockdown tomorrow night for this bs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back