• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for a start I'm just now going to have to wash it because its very dirty after my last spin. After that if all goes to plan I will take it for a spin........

Not long after the purchase of my 2017 nc, I replaced the oem windshield with a larger knock off Honda look alike windshield from Thailand . Windshield looked good and have been please with the performance. Later I installed a pair of GIVI hand guards. They also looked and work as expected. Then one day I was making a parking lot turn to the left, and pushed the bars to full lock. The right hand guard found an interference situation with the windshield and proceeded to destroy it. Upon closer inspection the guard mounts were found to be asymmetrical. A $3 trip to Ace Hardware for a one inch nylon spacer and a longer mounting bolt solved that problem. Now, no interference on either side. A new windshield is on the way

Did a mileage check. Looks like I put on just under 8300 km. Doesn't seem bad for mostly commuting. It's nice to think I kept those km's off of our SUV.

Had a great ride today, 150+ miles round trip. Went with DavidC83 from town up to a nice little restaurant for lunch. It overlooks a nice bend in the Ohio River, then headed back the long way. Left the house at 9:30 AM, returned at 4PM.

Went for a ride of about a hundred miles, temperature above normal for this time of year but very windy.
Only put 3,840 miles on the NC in 2019, But rode my Bicycle 4,227 miles and the car only 1,460 miles

Well for a start I'm just now going to have to wash it because its very dirty after my last spin. After that if all goes to plan I will take it for a spin........

Well I gritted my teeth and got on with the wash. Then I took it for a spin to dry it. When out on nice dry roads I then decided to also take out the hibernating Dominator and give it a run. The two bikes are almost thirty years apart. If not branded, would You know they were from the same manufacturer ?

P1070401.JPG

Yep, met up with Deckyon at Waffle House in New Albany (Indiana); we had a nice hot cup of coffee (it had been 28'F when I left the house at 930am). We then rode over to the Overlook restaurant in Leavenworth Indiana (they have great home cooked food). 3 other riders showed up about 5 minutes after we arrived and after we were seated, 3 more riders showed up...After 2 ate, 4 of us rode up to Paoli Indiana, headed east on Hwy 56 just past Livonia and then cut cross country over to Pekin Indiana...I split up (I was only 15 minutes from my house at that point) and after 80+curves (tons of 90' and 45' curves) made it home at 3pm...No pics as I was enjoying the riding...it was 50'F when I got home.

The Overlook restaurant:

Happy New Year to you all! What I did ...fitted one Givi engine crash bar. The other side - well, the lower engine bolt on the other side ripped up the thread coming out, so that was a bit pants. I've an engineer friend who will be drilling it out and replacing the thread with a helicoil - so not too desperate, although annoyed all the same. There's a bit of thread left, so a shorter bolt has gone in and grabs a bit of the thread that's left - so I can at least ride it until it's properly fixed.

IMG_20191230_184907.jpg

My wife kindly bought me a tank bag for the bike for Christmas - but it's a universal one that attaches via magnets. Not so good for a plastic lid, but unlike fitting engine crash bars I successfully glued some powerful neodymium magnets under the shell of the frunk lid - and the bag stays fast to that through the lid. I ensured to test that, by taking a nice ride through the New Forest.

...it didn't fall off or slip, weighted down as it was with sockets and spanners. Success.

Last edited:
My R-Gaza engine bars arrived today. Bummer that I had to go back to work today and can’t install them until the weekend. They were well wrapped in foam pipe insulation and appear as good quality.

JT

Had a rainy commute home today. I planned ahead and brought my plastic pants with me. On arriving home got my Warp 9 exhaust slider in the mail from Japan. Looks more substantial than I anticipated. Will wash the bike before installing. Will post installed photos...wash maybe in the Spring ;)

FYI... Walmart has Valvoline full synthetic 10W-40 motorcycle oil on sale with free shipping. They also have the conventional motorcycle oil and ATV flavor on sale as well for slightly less (pennies) than the synthetic. Quantitys are 6, 9 and 12 packs.
I ordered a case. Mine came shipped as 12 individual bottles in a big Walmart box with bubble wrap, not a fitted box from Valvoline.

JT

Looks like the threads are intact on the bolt unless I'm mistaken. Looks like the threads are filled with aluminum....was it over torqued?

Looks like the threads are intact on the bolt unless I'm mistaken. Looks like the threads are filled with aluminum....was it over torqued?
The bolt was fine (although replaced) - that shiny mess in the bolt should have been left within the engine block :)

This happened trying to remove the bolt ...perhaps the previous person who looked at this bolt over torqued it. I think it's more likely corrosion from water getting in behind - as it's open to the back and right at the bottom of the engine.

Still ...happier now :)

I rode all 3 workdays in this new year. The coldest morning was around 37 degrees. Yea, I know, I'm a wuss but in my defense it was over 110 last summer and I rode then too. Anyway, my new heated glove liners are working great! They are light years better than the battery powered ones I had last year.

The best part about riding in this new year though is that the new South Mountain 202 is finally done. I was surprised to find that it cuts off about a mile from my commute, and while we haven't had a full rush hour yet, I think that it will make my commute home more predictable. Possibly saving me several hours per week.

Had a great ride today, 150+ miles round trip. Went with DavidC83 from town up to a nice little restaurant for lunch. It overlooks a nice bend in the Ohio River, then headed back the long way. Left the house at 9:30 AM, returned at 4PM.
I have enjoyed many a trip along OH Rt. 7, Rt 124 and WV Rt 2. The Ohio River Valley is a great ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back