• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put on an OEM brake lever to replace the aftermarket one I had on my ‘15.
Also bought one of these since I ride solo frequently and have 2 lumbar decompression surgeries behind me and not looking for another. Waiting for a sunny weekend to practice with it at the house before I need it IRL : https://www.motobikejack.com/

My R-Gaza guards arrived yesterday. will start working on getting them mounted probably this weekend. I was expecting them later this month. Took about 4 weeks overall including the ordering time. wasnt in a hurry, so...

Installed my R-Gaza bars today. Added pics to the R-Gaza thread discussion.
I’m happy with them so far. Need some warmer weather so I can stop wrenching and start riding.

JT

Was cool here today. Friday was the first day of snow so no riding :( Took the opportunity to change the brake fluid today. Actually did it properly with the three bleeders from the linked brakes in my model year.

Rode into work today - last good day for a while it looks like. Was a little damp coming in. Wasnt raining or anything, but a little foggy and very humid. The roads were damp but not slick. When I got parked, my jacket and pants were quite damp. I didnt want to put thermals on, so I put rain pants on over my work pants - turned out to be a good idea. It was 47 when I left the house this morning, it'll be 60 or so when I head to "Two-Stroke Tuesday" tonight at the bar after work. Sun's out, a few clouds. Can't wait to get out of work.

Rode into work today - last good day for a while it looks like. Was a little damp coming in. Wasnt raining or anything, but a little foggy and very humid. The roads were damp but not slick. When I got parked, my jacket and pants were quite damp. I didnt want to put thermals on, so I put rain pants on over my work pants - turned out to be a good idea. It was 47 when I left the house this morning, it'll be 60 or so when I head to "Two-Stroke Tuesday" tonight at the bar after work. Sun's out, a few clouds. Can't wait to get out of work.
yep, I rode the ole C50 in this morning...43'F when I left the house...still quite cold doing 70mph on the superslab...had my snow mobile suit on...only my finger tips got cold...felt good except for all the fog on my side of the river. supposed to be close to 70' for high tomorrow with rain tomorrow afternoon...may still ride in tomorrow as I dont care if I get wet going home....hehehe (be on the Honda tomorrow). Looks like a cold front is coming and we will be back to winter after the 2 days of spring...

@#%_*=/. Grr.. ;) started to remove and clean out all the ’spare’ Chain wax from the front sprocket compartment.. it’s full.. YIERCK..! the neutral sensor wiring is packed in the stuff, - so the gear display is flashing at me every time I try to start.. ;) I have tried this before.. so I know what to do... but WHY is the sensor situated here.. the worst place to clean out on the bike.. ;) is it just me..?? :) :) I hope the new decade was arriving with same grace as your bike... rofl.;)

I rode to work today, first time in a couple weeks due to having a cold and the weather, forecast said no rain on my way to work or the way home but it would rain in between (sounds good) for once the forecast was correct (broken click is still right twice a day, yuk yuk) left for work 0130 this morning 37f° clear skies and moderate winds, hardly a vehicle on the road and I was hammering down on my NC going 80mph-85mph for most of my 64 mile ride to work, it was a great ride.

The ride home was almost as nice (added traffic took a bit away) but still a very pleasant ride 57f° with the sun shining

I installed a new helmet lock today. -- License plate security lock. I had to cut off the end of the license plate holder where the reflector attaches and the plate is a little off center now but I am quite happy with it. Now I can lock up the helmet if the top box is full or I don't have it attached, plus it attaches with four security screws to keep my plate from walking off.

(Side trip time) Years ago I came out to discover that my plate was gone. I called the police and was told that the police took it because it did not belong on my bike. Some one had switched a stolen plate with mine. Luckily, I had no trouble getting a new one but I attached it with padlocks. I really hated living in apartment complexes. </side>

The new freeway is really working out for me, It saved me at least 3 hours of commute time this week. Strangly my fuel economy seems to have taken a dip. I don't know yet if it's because I am getting on the throttle harder or if it's all about the straight, no-lights 55 mph for 12 miles that I am no longer running. My total commute was about 50 miles each way and it used to be 12 miles rural, 30 miles freeway and the rest city. On the way home that freeway time included around 4 to 8 miles of duck walking the bike. Now, it's about 30 miles freeway and 19 miles city with no duck walking.

It is so difficult to not throttle up off the line with all of the incredibly self-absorbed idiots I have to share the road with. Every light there is several people trying to weave through traffic so that they can be the first to the next red light. I then saunter up behind them as the light changes and watch them do it again. It amazes me how many morons can't figure out that the lights are timed and they (and everyone) would get there faster if they just calmed down.

@#%_*=/. Grr.. ;) started to remove and clean out all the ’spare’ Chain wax from the front sprocket compartment.. it’s full.. YIERCK..! the neutral sensor wiring is packed in the stuff, - so the gear display is flashing at me every time I try to start.. ;) I have tried this before.. so I know what to do... but WHY is the sensor situated here.. the worst place to clean out on the bike.. ;) is it just me..?? :) :) I hope the new decade was arriving with same grace as your bike... rofl.;)
Sounds like you might be over lubing the chain? Less lube is better.

Nothing.

Well I looked at it.

We have a snow, ice, slush situation here. It was slick out this morning, now it's just cold, dark and wet outside.

Yesterday I went to the IMS motorcycle show in Cleveland, OH. The show was smaller than last year. Still, it was a lot of fun sitting on a bunch of new bikes.

They had Yamaha electric bicycles and Zero electric motorcycles available for test rides. My friends and I got to ride both. I really liked the Yamaha bicycle. Very well implemented machine. Zero was ok. Neat as it is electric, but I still like internal combustion engines.

JT

4fd2658f1f1aa2a061170bcd0b0fa92b.gif

LOL I didn't do this!

I hope this GIF image loads properly! Thread is getting a bit stale, figured I'd liven it up. Wait for the image to fully load. Enjoy.

Looks like Sunday may be a maintenance day (my garage/shed is unheated and hate working on things in the cold). Going to be around 60'F; time to change the brake fluid, may do the valve check and clean the chain. Note to self; need to buy antifreeze/coolant before Sunday.

Yep, plan on givin the NC a good wash, do some chain maintenance and check the brake pads and finally install the engine guards. May also skip the wash and guards and do the chain, brakes and ride.

Yep, plan on givin the NC a good wash, do some chain maintenance and check the brake pads and finally install the engine guards. May also skip the wash and guards and do the chain, brakes and ride.
I want to see those engine guards after you install them....dont know what I will do Sunday now...woke up this morning with a dang head cold....always amazes me, go to bed feeling great and wake up with a head cold...so it may just be a weekend drinking down nightquil and laying back in the recliner....

If you wanna swing by Sunday, check em out and laugh at my installation skills. We can hit some roads afterwards.

Barring any sicknesses (on either side)

So, this morning I went out, worked on the chain, brakes and went to add the R-Gaza engine guards on and this happened with the lower left Engine mount bolt... Digging out the service manual and looking up the bolt part number now... Ugh, biggest issue is getting the remainder of the bolt out of the engine without damaging it. Someone is coming by when I get the new bolt to take a look, but it may end up in a shop.

I will not NOT be doing this repair on my own.

enginebolt1.jpgenginebolt2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back