• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot less traffic around here right now. Have adjusted schedule right now, so going in at noon, leaving at 8pm. Today is the first day for that. We'll see how it goes. not riding in today - storms in the late afternoon to evening.

Be safe on your trip home.

I hated the black wheels/cheap looking can on my new bought 2013 DCT.
I bought a new 2017 DCT and am now moving all the 18+ upgrades to the new ride.
The 2013 w/8400 miles will be up for sale soon.

Today i rode 200 miles to take a picture of my NC with the San jacento monument and the statue of Stephen F Austin Behind with my entry Tag for the Grand Tour of Texas because they are the two nearest of the 50 tour stops that are part of this years competioion stops.

I rode about 50 miles locally because the temperature was a beautiful 60*F and it was a good way to escape the Covid-19 stay-at-home order.

I rode about 50 miles locally because the temperature was a beautiful 60*F and it was a good way to escape the Covid-19 stay-at-home order.

Yes, it is! Doesn’t hurt to ride around during all this. I’ve been going to the woods too getting ready for our turkey season.

I tried to start it and it would not start. I ordered a Scorpion battery with 220 CCAs... I can't wait to install it and hit the road. The bike is stock. I am thinking about maybe changing the muffler or maybe the mirrors. I love the mirrors, but they are always swinging around and the posts/stems are almost stripped.... Really strange engineering, or maybe I am making it more difficult than it is.

I love this forum. Thank you everyone who posts.

Went out this weekend, got some good mileage in riding around central and eastern KY. Went by the state capitol building and all around the area. It was nice temps, nearly perfect. The only issue was the wind - there was more than one time I was nearly blown off the road by sudden gusts.

Still riding into work. Need to order some new brake pads for the front this week. man, I hate that job - they always seem to not want to go back in correctly and pop out when putting the wheel back in place.

I have had my new 2018 leftover 750x for about 5 weeks and have already taken it back to have the mirrors looked at. Terrible design! Never had a day of trouble with the mirrors on my 14 year old VTX.
I’m curious what the problem is with your mirrors. Up until now there have been very few mirror problems reported. The main issue has been confusion over which threads are left hand vs right hand.

They simply would not stay in place, blowing in the wind. Dealer tech put some lock tight, no issue since.
Properly adjusted and tightened, I don’t think the mirror design presents a problem. It’s very likely that the dealer installs the mirrors after uncrating the new bike. A problem with the mirrors blowing in the wind probably originates at the dealer assembly step.

It's not that hard to deal with swing-around mirrors, just tighten the nut sets correctly. Most of the industry does it the same way. Stripped perches or stalk threads are probably best dealt with by replacement rather than epoxy or whatever because you actually want the mirror assembly to give way if the bike gets dropped, rather than transferring the hit further down the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean there are right hand (normal) and left hand threads on the NC mirrors?

On the NC700X, and I assume the NC750X is the same, there are four “bolts” associated with the mirrors. There is an adapter screwed into the mount attached to the bars (brake cylinder housing, clutch support, parking brake, etc). The mirror stems then screw into the adapters. If I remember correctly, they are all right hand thread except for the mirror stalk on the throttle side mirror, which is a left hand thread. If you rotate the throttle side mirror clockwise as viewed from above, the mirror loosens.

I only had problems with my mirrors when I dropped my bike. They were easy to tighten up. I don't have that problem anymore. Because I installed Barkbuster Storm handguards.

Today I just drove into town for mail and supplies from Wal-Mart. That is a beer run. Nice 80 degree weather. I got my zipper sliders in mail for my tent. It's about 70 mile roundtrip. 24 miles on unmaintaind dirt road. Heavy washboard and major pot holes. Adds a little challenge to the ride.

Last month when I was in town. I realized my rear tire was getting bald. So I stopped in dealer shop to order new Pirelli Angel GT 2 tire. Tire arrived day before my scheduled tire change. As I was driving into town for new tire. I made a turn and rear tire was wobbling almost flat. I pulled off shoulder to put bike up on center stand. I said no big deal. I have a plug kit and 12 volt air compressor. After airing tire up, I rotated tire to find 6 pin hole leaks within 5 inches of tire. Plugging tire wasn't a fix. So I just did the air up and go 5 miles. Air up again and repeat until I made it to dealer. Luckily I made it safe and sound. I got 10.000 miles out of that tire. I love these Pirelli Angel GT 2 tires. I have many more miles to go on front tire. They also performed great in a thunderstorm on million dollar highway. All the way from Silverton, CO. To Durango, CO .

I have been so overworked, trying to fill the grocery store's shelves while attempting to avoid the entitled freaks who won't stay at home but are constantly shopping for non-essential items (lactose-free coffee creamer?) that I had to take a ride. Surfing is out of the question, now that all LA County beaches have been closed. Ventura's County Line beach (seen in the movie Point Break) was much too crowded.

So I rode out PCH to Deer Canyon, just like last year after the fire. Lots of bikers out and I saw way too many bikes parked together at Neptune's Net, so some riders are ignoring the social-distance policies when off the bike. I'm expecting things to get much worse out here the next 2 weeks.
Got to enjoy many miles of curves, though many had rocks and dirt from the recent rains, so I kept speeds down to about the speed limits. The roads have been mostly re-paved after the fires, though Mulholland is still closed in places. The NC is a nice bike for touring these roads and I managed about 62mpg with the DCT in Sport 1 mode in the curves.

Attachments

• 20200331_123220.jpg
    20200331_123220.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 20200331_125128.jpg
    20200331_125128.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
they are all right hand thread except for the mirror stalk on the throttle side mirror, which is a left hand thread. If you rotate the throttle side mirror clockwise as viewed from above, the mirror loosens.
Good to know, thanks.

Ah ! Neptune Net on PCH North of Malibu. I ate there last year. Great seafood ! Biker friendly. All parking spaces out front are for motorcycles only. Cars and trucksin must park on side. So if you ever hit PCH you must stop in for beer and seafood. I just stumbled onto it. I first stopped to watch surfers.. Then noticed Neptune Net across the PCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back