• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delivered my NC to her new owner. It was a delightful ride of about an hour. I was Covid-careful and the only stop was at the handoff in the McD parking lot. Gloves, helmet, and lots of alcohol were involved. Now it’s back to self quarantine.

it was interesting to note all of the bike riders out there (it was the first really nice day we’ve had in a while) who must have all run out of milk or toilet paper at the same time. There was one group of 10-12 riding together. Maybe they just use the same pharmacy and needed to restock?
Be safe out there! The life you save might be mine!

Nope. I originally bought the NC as a commuter (I was riding 52 miles a day / 6+ days a week to our hobby shop) and she was the perfect choice! What a great bike.
I retired, sold the store, and convinced myself that I needed something bigger to haul more stuff, cover bigger miles faster, handle more off-roady situations, etc, etc so I bought a nicely loaded 2011 R1200GS.
I already miss the NC but I’m looking forward to a post-corona camping trip to Alaska, followed by family visits to Utah, Arizona, and California.
>T

Nope. I originally bought the NC as a commuter (I was riding 52 miles a day / 6+ days a week to our hobby shop) and she was the perfect choice! What a great bike.
I retired, sold the store, and convinced myself that I needed something bigger to haul more stuff, cover bigger miles faster, handle more off-roady situations, etc, etc so I bought a nicely loaded 2011 R1200GS.
I already miss the NC but I’m looking forward to a post-corona camping trip to Alaska, followed by family visits to Utah, Arizona, and California.
>T
Best of luck to you Oly. I enjoyed a number of rounds of NC tag with you, you will be missed on the forum.

took the rear tire off (many wear bars were showing) and decided to change out the rear sprocket. OEM had 56,000+ miles on it. There was no hooking on the teeth but most of the teeth had a little grooved flange. Torque wrench had a setting of 108 Nm (80 lb-ft)...perfect for the sprocket bolts...sweet!.... probably change the chain while I am at it; like the chain but it does have a couple of stiff links..

My NC has been grounded for about three weeks due to the Covid lockdown here in Ireland. Right now I am only keeping the battery charged and a plugged rear tyre inflated. There is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel however. I may have to do a necessary trip to the other side of the county this week and the NC is a prime candidate for that trip. That would entail a round trip of about 100kms albeit thru urban roads. Fingers crossed.

Went riding and camping this past weekend. Ended up at a site where there was one other rider. We stayed well away, but had a nice chat. Had a close call on the way home, which resulted in my front brakes nearly seizing up. Bad luck this year with stuff. I have pads on order, and the roatar is fine. Gonna change the pads, and see if I can get a buddy to bleed them and give them a good check for me.

Ordered bar risers and a radiator cover; but due to Corona virus delayed Amazon shipping, I wont see any of it till June. Something to look forward to!

Continuation of yestiddy since the dinner bell rang when I was posting last night...

Got a late start but 180 miles yesterday. Most of the lakes were frozen still though the air was 40-50F. Snow here and there to the side of the road – and beyond. I'm using the Rotopax now to avoid convenience store/fuel stops and disinfectant precautions so often, often making the mileage difference for a day trip. I've ridden a number of times since the last entry, but most were just under 120 miles, maybe even less than 80. So doing more in fairly cold weather using the Hippo Hands with a leather single layer no liner road glove was instructive. what I got out of it is that I'll probably leave the Hippo Hands on until typical rides start out at 50F and climb to something inviting ; }

2020-04-08 14;07;44
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-08 15;17;40
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-08 16;00;35 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-08 16;08;26
by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
235 miles yesterday, in Montana outdoor recreation is not discouraged as long as social distancing is observed and people don't get dangerous or retreat into the backcounty. They don't want to deal with additional rescue and ambulance situations. While I was out it was 50-62F and sunny – anything above 55 felt tropical ; } ...It was hazy though. Earlier in the day it was evaporation/mist, later lots of ranchers and farmers were burning their fields and brush.

2020-04-09 13;48;50 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-09 15;28;49 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-09 16;28;30 by greenboy, on Flickr

Since I wasn't here for quite awhile, here's from a few "todays" or more from last year, in NW Montana.

2019-07-26 15;55;36 by greenboy, on Flickr

2019-07-21 16;15;04 by greenboy, on Flickr

2019-07-26 15;09;07 by greenboy, on Flickr

2019-07-26 15;20;28 by greenboy, on Flickr

2019-07-26 14;52;30 by greenboy, on Flickr

2019-07-26 15;23;59 by greenboy, on Flickr

2019-08-28 14;14;36 by greenboy, on Flickr

2019-08-28 16;04;14 by greenboy, on Flickr

2019-08-28 15;26;16 by greenboy, on Flickr

2018-07-15 15;12;08 by greenboy, on Flickr

Ran some ‘essential ‘ errands on the NC.
They’re cracking down on the Stay Home,Stay Safe orders here in Michigan. New restrictions starting today. Need to carry a pack of toilet paper in the frunk in case I get pulled over. Ha Ha.

Three weeks at home and I need to get out of the house. I have a collapsible fishing pole that I need to try out this weekend. I can social distance at the lake.

JT

Washed my bike and cleaned the chain thoroughly. Day before rode with the friend of mine a bit off-road. (*)

(*) "off-road" in Iowa = 10 miles strait gravel, dusty road, you eventually change with other 10 miles of strait, gravel, dusty road...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back