• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave the bike the annual bath. Put on a muffler slider. View attachment 42040
I can see from your photo you have a manual transmission and ABS. I wish that combo had been offered in the US.

Forgive me for analyzing the muffler slider concept, but I hadn't given one much thought before. The muffler protector is a good idea, but along with what Jt105 said, many damaged NC mufflers I’ve seen are dented at the forward portion of the muffler. Perhaps that‘s where the ring could go.

An example from our forum:
B64A4812-5C53-4C98-A46B-2D63F22EFEBB.jpeg

I can see from your photo you have a manual transmission and ABS. I wish that combo had been offered in the US.

Forgive me for analyzing the muffler slider concept, but I hadn't given one much thought before. The muffler protector is a good idea, but along with what Jt105 said, many damaged NC mufflers I’ve seen are dented at the forward portion of the muffler. Perhaps that‘s where the ring could go.

An example from our forum:

That is a good point. I had some minor scuffs on that spot that is why I chose it. My drops always seem to be on the other side. I wonder if the crash bars keep the front up more. I will give it a test before I fuel up next time.

Cold and rain here ... but the weather forecast for next week is sun and above average temperatures. We should go from 40's with rain to nearly 70 and sunshine so next week will be the week for daily riding.

Cold again this morning and forecast for cold/frost again tomorrow morning (could break the record for the latest day in May for frost-previous record is May 10th in this part of Indiana)....then turn to 80's after that, but the forecast for Fri/Sat/Sun is 40-60% showers and thunderstorms....argh....

Since i ignored the NC this weekend and went camping with the RoofTop Tent for the mother's day weekend(yes that's what she wanted to do), i just had to take the NC out this afternoon after work!! :{P

Tepui brand, though it sleeps 3 up top, 2 is perfect! It also has the Star Gazer removable panels on the top so you can unzip them and watch the moon/stars if you are so inclined.
:{)
RTT Mother's day 2020.jpg

Just replaced my brake lever today. The original was broken when I went and lost grip when the front wheel was off while I replaced the brake pads the other week.

Much sleeker-looking, and not as long. I wanted to get one that would fold, but they were really price prohibitive right now. Went with a nice black billet aluminum shorter level. It came in about a week. Took about 5 minutes to install.

Attachments

• 20200514_200855108_iOS.jpg
    20200514_200855108_iOS.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
That is a good point. I had some minor scuffs on that spot that is why I chose it. My drops always seem to be on the other side. I wonder if the crash bars keep the front up more. I will give it a test before I fuel up next time.

Based on the lay down test, the front edge of the muffler is the first point of contact. I could move the slider but being 4 days after washing, the rain has made it dirty. Maybe on the next bath...eta next year...
IMG_20200514_185150.jpg

I took a beautiful sunset ride tonight: a 50+ mile loop of backroads north of my house with lots of woods, a few farms, lots of water, some twisties, gravel, and very little traffic.

I’ve been working full time in the past three weeks building a 15 foot sailboat. Tonight was my first ride during this project time. On my first build day, it looks like my NC is looking suspiciously at the new thing in the garage... but as the boat takes form, my NC is warming up to the newcomer.
E5EF3FBD-CF2F-4CFB-BBF4-73B379740F93.jpeg0A0E9DBA-E31C-4269-BEB0-BA25C5F5CFD6.jpeg

Last edited:
As soon as the roads dry (rained most of the night), I am going to ride over to rabbit hash again...dont know why I like riding over there, probably because so much of the ride is along the Ohio River...

Installed Hella Horns and the Kaoko throttle lock yesterday...

Rainy in Wisconsin right now, so probably no ride today :(

This is a Core Sound 15 by B&B Yachts:

I purchased the full kit.

Thats down my way. I looked real hard at those, but when I built the Birdwatcher I didn't have any money, so I had to go cheap. I even ordered a Sailrite kit and sewed my own sails. As the boat ages, the choice of materials is becoming apparent. Starting to get rot in the topsides, because of the use of pine in some places.

I've ridden a lot of days lately, including yesterday. But no camera with me. Contrasting experience adds variety. I did ride through a sparsely traveled area that I first rode when I bought my NC back in 2016 though, which is great for both canyon carving and long straights with open sightlines. Check out that bent brake lever, a story I shared here awhile ago.

2016-08-12 13;08;58 by greenboy, on Flickr

2016-08-12 12;54;58 by greenboy, on Flickr

2016-08-12 13;39;22 by greenboy, on Flickr

2016-08-12 13;47;23 by greenboy, on Flickr

From a couple of my recent social distancing rides.

2020051809143561--8310501921715566594-IMG_0944_heic-L.jpg
2020051809153139-4174450638666927312-IMG_0933_heic-L.jpg

2020051809184087-4601706585351942135-IMG_0946_heic-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back