• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved a couple of years ago to the edge of town. I'm in a 55 plus community. However, I can be out in the countryside in about 10-15 minutes. Then its miles of country roads. Not spectacular like the Rockies, but soothing. It was really nice last Friday. Very green plants, very blue skies, perfect temps. Trying to enjoy the days that I get.

I enjoy a little blasting around in traffic and leaving the cages behind at intersections but yeah, those open roads after that are what I really dig, Rockies or no Rockies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cleaned and greased my rear axle after months of not riding Team Red. Before the outbreak really set in I had installed my fourth chain and sprocket set at a buddy's, and he didn't have grease. I'm a very exciting person and so I just had to get that done.

But instead I bought a DRZ400 and have spent the last couple months being unable to flatfoot my bike while sitting on a very long bicycle seat. I think I bruised my coccyx.

Took the Honda out for a quick half hour ride and I couldn't get over how big the NC suddenly felt. So easy to ride. Think I might do a long trip tomorrow

Today i fired her up and listened one more time to the loud crack of the DanMoto XL. Then i removed it and fired the bike again with the muffler off and just the straight pipe with no noticeable sound difference. Man i sure like the DanMoto XL pipe, but this year i just cant hear the comm/earbuds hardly at all. With the stock muffler back on it barely even made a noise and didn't sound like it was even running haha. Wow, what a huge difference, so very quiet. Now maybe i can hear the comm set or my earbuds! :{)

stock muffler.JPG

Rough day of commuting. First day I have hit the rev limiter...so many stupid people. I watched a car run a red light when they got confused between the advanced green and the red light. The lemming car behind at least stopped one lane in...

Rough day of commuting. First day I have hit the rev limiter...so many stupid people....
The first time is the roughest...

I once watched two drivers simultaneously try and turn the opposite directions of their turn-only lanes at the end of a one-way street. They both honked at each other when they nearly crashed.

You can't cure stupid. But you can try and watch for it

Today I misunderestimated how far my sister's house was.

Way back in December my fiancee got me an Aerostitch suit for Christmas. It arrived the day before lockdown. In Oregon. I couldn't stand waiting anymore so I picked it up from the porch and waved aloha to my sister and nephew.

The suit is great, can't wait for it to break in. My buns are definitely broken. My hamstrings are almost as sore as when I did the saddlesore. But I only got 400 miles in!

Weds I fitted a new brake light and a brake-light licenses plate frame, wired up an Admore LED set into my new (to me) Givi e55, and installed a new windscreen set up. MRA Vario + the Palmer bracket is just... living the dream. Yesterday I rode from L.A. area to Las Vegas to take my bike to the Daily Direct terminal for shipping to Minneapolis. That windscreen set up was perfect for giving me nice airflow across my body without any sharp line in/out of the slipstream. Hard to describe, but at 75mph it felt like I was on a naked bike at 35, but without the bugs in the face.

90+ degrees in Las Vegas with stop and go surface street traffic all the way across town, and I was fine in my mesh jacket. This setup is something I just can't stop raving about. Wind in the face, without deafening noise or helmet buffeting. I am 6'1" and I ride in fairly upright stance. YMMV.

I do have the screen baffle for the Palmer but have not installed it. I can see the merits for cold weather or rain.

Took my bike in for first servicing 1,500km. Then went for an hour ride brought it home and spent a couple hours shining it up. Ready to go for the weekend

How often should I be oiling my chain??
I oil my chain just often enough to keep it from rusting, which is not very often. It seems the more it’s lubed the more it accumulates dirt. Other people goop it on often, of have constant automatic oilers. There seems to be no standard interval, but I do think the manual suggests every 500 miles.

Well I was driving around trying to get lost and then find my way back again (fun thing I like to do often), and happened to see a couple of dirt roads that looked pretty cool. Told myself I wouldn't do any major dirt roads or off road till I got different tires, skid plate, bark busters, etc but I just couldn't help myself. Was worth it and bike wasn't damaged at all.

IMG_3645[1].JPG

IMG_3648[1].JPG

Great ride yesterday in southern Wisconsin. The first 50 miles was winding two-lane roads through hills, woods and farms. The second half was a fifty mile state trail that mostly followed along a couple rivers.
(Can’t seem to successfully attach pictures.)

Well I was driving around trying to get lost and then find my way back again (fun thing I like to do often), and happened to see a couple of dirt roads that looked pretty cool. Told myself I wouldn't do any major dirt roads or off road till I got different tires, skid plate, bark busters, etc but I just couldn't help myself. Was worth it and bike wasn't damaged at all.

View attachment 42118

View attachment 42119
Something I learned from being a hard-R road bicyclist was that skills are the true limit to the places a bike can go. I have ridden about 100 miles on gravel with my $3700 titanium eyetalian whizzbang machine with road slicks. There's less equipment to rely on, so one must be well practiced in the cardinal rule of force-application: smooth and steady.

I have the legendary Michelin R5 tires on my NC. I've done several hundred miles of forest service roads. I would never go as fast as I do on my DRZ... But I don't see as much of the landscape on the Suzuki despite being in more of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back