• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not unheard of for a Honda.
My 2007 Suzuki C50 Boulevard has only needed the valves slightly adjusted once and that was at the first check....since then, no adjustments needed (by me or dealership, or local mom/pop shop)...I went from 28,000 miles to 100,000 miles without checking and last fall checked them (PITA) and still within specs....riding in correct gear, downshifting when accelerating, no bogging the engine I believe helps (my personal opinion)...rode the C50 180 miles last weekend (8 days ago) with no issues.....same ole girl...

Had a great ride with my new passenger, loving every mile of it though trying to easily break in that passenger seat! We rode 180 miles and still knocked down 64MPG!! Getting geared up for a weeks ride to the coast, camping all week and touring the Oregon Lighthouses if they're open for visiting. I got all of our gear loaded up onto the bike today and took some pictures of it that i'll share soon. :{)

GB was that Lake Saint Mary?

I took the bike out today in the 99f heat and hunted for the "Game of Tag" photo. I found it and got the new tag as well haha!! It was short but a great solo ride. Here are a couple of the pictures from today's ride though not as nice as GB's photos it was a good area to ride. :{)

Fruit veggie stand.JPGgreen bluff castle barn.JPGgreen bluff castle barn2.JPG

Rode 176 miles today. Ran some errands, met a guy for a Craig's List sale, met a friend for coffee and later met up with the pillion and had a wonderful supper and still made it home early. You just gotta love the NC for all that it serves up and the many smiles per gallon ta'boot! :{)

Today's ride started out interesting and didn't lack afterwards either. Needed a fill about 20 miles from home and what do you know: a rider pulled in for fuel at the same time and it turns out he recently bought an NC down in Texas where he lives. Doing the RV thing for awhile in Montana now, and riding his NC while here. Oh yeah, he said the Puig windscreen really improved his tall-guy riding experience. Thumbs up! ...More photos later, dinner bell rings.

2020-08-23 12;13;28 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
NC seen in the wild! Love that blue color! (Also noticed the customized brake lever :confused:).

That brake lever customization happened at a pull-over, bike got blown over. It's often windy here. Funny that the first few days I had my NC I had a pull-over incident that bent my brake lever even further. Rode with it like that until some custom levers and Barkbusters showed up about 20 days later. ...I've seen three other NCs besides mine and his this summer, white, black, newer metallic red... I like the reds and the blue the best.

My brake pads showed up last night and I installed the front set just now at 46,041 miles. Never having done this before I was a bit miffed when the pad spring fell out while removing the old pads. The official service manual had no drawing of it or where it goes in what orientation – not that those drawings are always that illuminating anyway... there was just a mention of it in passing. Figured it out but probably will wait until after a test ride to make sure I haven't died or been maimed before installing the rear set ; }

EDIT: fine stopping power with thicker pads again. Did NOT die or get maimed. It was hard to remember to just perch the foot for the rear brake in case of front brake failure when testing the front, rather than actually depressing the foot as I usually do. I guess good habits die about as hard as bad ones ; }

Took out one of my neighbors today. He's got a big Victory. We did about 150 miles of country roads and had lunch at the Rox City Diner in Roxboro, NC. Had a fried bologna sandwich. Good times. He's wanting to take some big rides, like across the US. Might have to figure that one out.

Took out one of my neighbors today. He's got a big Victory. We did about 150 miles of country roads and had lunch at the Rox City Diner in Roxboro, NC. Had a fried bologna sandwich. Good times.

Damn. Now I'm hungry.

b90aae2c2c56eb9525a4ac2ada6afa7a.jpg

Other than figuring out how the pad spring was supposed to go back in after it fell out during disassembly, the front brake pad assembly went quickly. But installing the rear pads this morning was so quick I wondered if I'd actually done the job. Were the new coffee beans hallucinogenic? ; }

Other than figuring out how the pad spring was supposed to go back in after it fell out during disassembly, the front brake pad assembly went quickly. But installing the rear pads this morning was so quick I wondered if I'd actually done the job. Were the new coffee beans hallucinogenic? ; }
yep, back ones are easier to replace than the front for me also...First time I did the front, that dang spring came unseated, but didnt fall out and I didnt notice until I was backing the bike out of the garage to go test; I kept hearing a clicking, clicking noise....yep....had to figure how the spring doohickey reconnected....

Rode to work. Got gas. Rode home. It was hot, but I still enjoyed it. (I always do!)

Been very happy w/ my gas milage since doing my valve adjustment at 8,000. It's jumped up from consistently 50-55 mpg to 65 mpg at every fill up. Wouldn't have thought it would make a difference, but the data indicate it has.

IMG_4200.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back