• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I topped off the tank from the previous nights ride and logged 67.7 mpg! In full dressed gear I headed to my little test track up the Cd’A river. I topped off the tank and made the test where the new-to-me DCT netted me a 81.9mpg ride!! Another beautiful day riding the Cd’A river road and a great mileage tank!

I did absolutely nothing today with NC700X. We both needed a very well deserved rest. Just spent last 71 days, 11,000 miles ridding and tent camping every day. Thru all 9 Western states and 9 National Parks. This will be a summer to remember. Only things needing replaced. Rear tire in Spokane Valley, WA. Went back to OEM brake pads in Portland, OR. Front tire in Las Vegas, NV. Oil change in Kalispell, MT. The NC ran like a Champ! Got to love Honda reliability!!
My main reason for wanting a NCx is to motorcycle camp.
I've been putting the gear together. Will carry tent and Amok hammock (in case there are no trees.)

2735453f3190c2c504497850f136f7f8.jpg

I did absolutely nothing today with NC700X. We both needed a very well deserved rest. Just spent last 71 days, 11,000 miles ridding and tent camping every day. Thru all 9 Western states and 9 National Parks. This will be a summer to remember. Only things needing replaced. Rear tire in Spokane Valley, WA. Went back to OEM brake pads in Portland, OR. Front tire in Las Vegas, NV. Oil change in Kalispell, MT. The NC ran like a Champ! Got to love Honda reliability!!

I would be interested in reading a write up on this trip! Especially pics. Did you stay in any of the same spots more than one night or did you stay in different spots every night? What a journey that must have been. I would love to do something like this one day.

Finished up prepping track bike yesterday evening. Was a night, cool evening with the door open watching it rain. Got caliper, cleaned, pin greased, reinstalled, brakes flushed, hopefully that fixes the brake problem I was having. There was quite a bit of moisture on the rubber diaphragm and the plastic plate when I took the reservoir cap off. Surprised me.

Also, first time I've sat on the bike since putting the newly built forks back on. Suspension guy installed Racetech Gold Valve Emulators and new springs relative to my weight. It isn't nowhere near as mushy as it was before! Also sits higher than it did before, even at static ride height without me on it. So I wonder if this is going to mess up the trail/rake a bit and make it "push out" in turns. My first track day on bone stock bike with rear shock preload set to a minimum, it kept feeling like it wanted to push outward in turns. I cranked the preload to the max, total different feel. Now the front is going to be higher, so I'm hoping the problem doesn't return, we'll see next weekend. Not much I can do for the rear shock until I can replace it with an Ohlins.

20200916_171026.jpg

Removed blue masking tape and ordered some black online, looks wayyyyyyy better than the blue. Also put on a punisher skull decal. This is a bit of nostalgic thing for me because I always ran a punisher skull on my sport bikes back in the day, particularly the one I tracked and later had the big wreck on.

20200916_212102.jpg

20200916_212121.jpg

New MFW Vario adjustable pegs installed, 30mm arms. Should provide more lean angle clearance....until something else drags.

20200916_212214.jpg

It wasn't until I bought the other NC that I realized that the bars on my track NC have been adjusted to lean back toward the rider, so I adjusted them back forward more closely to where they are supposed to be. I presume this will give my wrists a break while hanging off each side of the bike and leaning foward.

20200916_212402.jpg

New camera mount on front, hope to get some good footage next weekend and use it to see what my lap times are (roughly). This will be my first time at Tally on a stickier tire than the Q3's I ran before, so I should be able to haul more ass. Previous quickest lap time was around 1:14, so if I can squeeze out a 1:11 or 1:12, that will be cool on this bike. Back in the day, riding a fast intermediate pace on race tires, I was running 1:08 lap times on a 180hp literbike for comparison.

20200916_214345.jpg

Left it like this overnight to help get any extra air in lines to float to the top and escape into reservoir. I let it get too low while bleeding and sucked air in line...what I get for being in a hurry. LOL.

20200916_214806.jpg

Last edited:
Took the new to me NC to work at a buddies today(he lives an hour away). Ended up strapping on some paint poles, rollers, brushes, contractors pan, 3 huge drop clothes etc and bungee cording them all into the bike for the ride back home. Haha, got a lot of weird looks on the ride home, I should’ve taken a picture of it. Even had an older couple at the gas station ask me what all of that was, “a tent maybe??” I ended up telling them what it all was and they asked for business card for me to do some painting and staining work for them lol..!!

I rode today. First day since surgery.

Promised my wife it would be a short ride, it was. Probably about 10 miles. She was worried.

It turned out to be no issue. I'm not ready to run a 200 mile day, but I can easily make it to town, run some errands and take a few scenic side trips while the healing continues. Plan to work my way up over the next couple of weeks and then I should be back to normal (or the new normal?) but then again not sure I was ever normal.

Yesterday some new farkles arrived so tomorrow I’ll install them. A New manual chain Oiler, and a new 12v dual usb outlet. The center stand will be ordered next!! Otherwise, I had to work all day again today so the NC had to sit while the Super Duty hauled equip. :{p

Shot an email off to Cogent Dynamics. They no longer have a listing for the Ohlins rear shock, so we'll see if they still offer it.

With most things these days, covid has introduced delays to their entire operation. Hopefully I'll be back in my Red saddle before winter hits.

Sorry Suzuki, I'm still on Team Soichiro.

Today I ride the NC an hour+ into town and attended services this morning. An Enjoyable ride, nice and cool fall weather, good service today and a great afternoon spent with the Pillion before riding an hour home this evening. The DCT continues to perform flawlessly, such a pleasure to ride. Thanks again to MyCroft!!

Shot an email off to Cogent Dynamics. They no longer have a listing for the Ohlins rear shock, so we'll see if they still offer it.

With most things these days, covid has introduced delays to their entire operation. Hopefully I'll be back in my Red saddle before winter hits.

Sorry Suzuki, I'm still on Team Soichiro.
Cogent still has an offering, they're building me a shock which hopefully will be here late October :D

I also got my wife's permission to upgrade the front shock with their drop-in dampeners :cool:

I'm so excited to ride my bike again. I should probably go fire the old girl up and run her about to recharge the battery, or attach the trickle charger to it. Decisions, decisions...

Cogent still has an offering, they're building me a shock which hopefully will be here late October :D

I also got my wife's permission to upgrade the front shock with their drop-in dampeners :cool:

I'm so excited to ride my bike again. I should probably go fire the old girl up and run her about to recharge the battery, or attach the trickle charger to it. Decisions, decisions...
I've got a cogent shock on my NC. Great improvement. Did the fork valves too.

This afternoon after work I finally got around to mounting the old Corbin seat. I also mounted the Gidibi Oiler and the 12v dual usb on the DCT. Tomorrow I’ll finish wiring up the 12v and add oil to the Oiler now that they are on the bike and go for a short ride testing each of them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back