• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing needs to be replaced. There is a leak in the dampener and oil has escaped, making for an uncomfortably bouncy ride. It wallows in a straight line.

I may have overloaded the bike for a few thousand miles too many. I use the NC as a touring bike as we don't have space or the money for a FJR or Goldwing. I've only put about 48 thousand miles on it. I don't think it's Honda's fault, per se, for the failure.

I have a stock shock take-off that has a few hundred, maybe a 1000 miles on it. It's boxed up and only gathering dust. PM me and maybe we can get you riding in short order.

After work today i did not get to finish the wiring or take the NC for a ride. Wildcat4F called and asked help moving a nice couch, i said sure. Then it was, can you bring your truck(i have a superduty with a 9' flatbed), i said sure. Hehe, his GF is such a good cook and he can always tempt me with her great cooking for supper... oh man i was in!! Once again she did not disappoint, an hour to his place, another 30 mins to her place and than back. Atleast we ate first haha! :{)

Last edited:
I recently moved from IL to TX, Arlington to be exact. I reached out to a co-worker who lives in Austin and suggested a meet up halfway between. He said count him in, but not this weekend. I know that there are other co-workers that live in Dallas and Austin, so I posted a note on Slack to see who is in the area and up for a ride. Then I went out to the garage and had a bowl of oatmeal while sitting on my NC.

Participated in the Alabama Trail of Tears Memorial Ride on September 19th. A sad legacy for our North American natives.
Good for you...Yep, that was a sad time in our history. Andrew Jackson was known for his hatred of native americans...The US Supreme court at the time ruled against the government but Andrew Jackson publicly stated if the Supreme Court was against it, the Supreme Court would have to enforce their ruling, which of course, they couldnt...to look at me, all you see is a caucasian of European decent, but my great grandmother on my dads side was from the Cherokee nation.

Headlight burnt out. Disappointed in the life span. Had a gift card so invested in the best I could find without going LED. Will see how it lasts.
Seems like expensive headlight bulbs like to tout more brightness, but that often comes at the expense of longevity. I’ve gotten long life with the basic level, name brand bulbs.

Seems like expensive headlight bulbs like to tout more brightness, but that often comes at the expense of longevity. I’ve gotten long life with the basic level, name brand bulbs.
Good to know. I consciously chose to spend more for the brightness. As the seasons change I ride in the dark. I guess I just have to accept the lifespan limitations. Thanks for sharing.

I am an early election Deputy for the City of Minneapolis (seasonal work) and have been commuting on my GL650. (I usually work at home.) I just took up bike riding again a couple years ago, after not riding for 45 years. Commuting been the best thing for re-gaining bike skills. I got the '83 GL650 from a mechanic in Appleton, WI this spring and normally work at home. I got the '82 GL500 it two seasons ago. I commute on the 650, andI try to ride the 500 on the weekends.
I'll be looking for a NC750x at the end of riding season for travel & to help keep the miles low on these (650 29,000 and 500 7,800 miles on the dial.) What would be my dream new bike would be a fuel injected 2020 GL650/750 with ABS/DCT and a Frunk. They don't make a "Minnie Goldwing" any more so the NC750 is about as close as I can get. I am not interested in a bike for dirt or gravel, though I'd like a 5 year old Hunter Cub someday.

119093277_10157490084742057_7479476866051131481_n.jpglittlewing.jpg

Last edited:
New forks are badass! Raised pegs still drag, now the exhaust midpipe drags and the kickstand is dragging again, even after taking a grinder to it. Close to to just removing it. First time at tally on sticky tires, tires and forks made hige difference. Definitely going faster and cornering lower now. Think I've about twisted all the performance out of this thing that I can. Filmed several sessions, will try to have video up by end of week.

20200926_092242.jpg

20200926_092300.jpg

20200926_092326.jpg

20200926_151832.jpg

20200926_154253.jpg

New forks are badass! Raised pegs still drag, now the exhaust midpipe drags and the kickstand is dragging again, even after taking a grinder to it. Close to to just removing it. First time at tally on sticky tires, tires and forks made hige difference. Definitely going faster and cornering lower now. Think I've about twisted all the performance out of this thing that I can. Filmed several sessions, will try to have video up by end of week.

View attachment 43142

View attachment 43143

View attachment 43144

View attachment 43145

View attachment 43146

Well, I gotta admit, I liked that last shot the best. :cool:

Participated in the Alabama Trail of Tears Memorial Ride on September 19th. A sad legacy for our North American natives.

Last year i rode over to Yellowstone. The BearTooth Hwy was snowed in and closed for the season but i was able to make it over to ride the Chief Joseph Highway... what incredible scenery, truly spectacular area/views and a fantastic ride.

Last edited:
Today I took the DCT for a little 100 mile ride into town and ran some errands. Great time. Once finished I swung by and grabbed the pillion and went for her first ride on the new to me DCT and she loved it!! Her comments over the Sena headset were funny. It was great to hear her talk about how nice it is, how smooth it shifts and how easily it seems to match freeway speeds and merge with traffic. We rode it in S mode for a while and than I switched it to D mode and it handled great in both modes. After I dropped her back off and headed the hour+ back to my place I rode it in S mode and played with it a lot. I sure took the hit in the MPG Dept this tank, only got 65.6 mpg but it was a fun ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back