• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice hugger, smokey! That looks like the same shape as mine, but mine is made of fiberglass, and I had to paint it to get it to be textured black instead of gloss. Is your hugger just made of plastic and is that the finish it came with? Do you have a link to the seller?

I purchased the rear hugger, (fender,) from Impreda online. They are based in Turkey. It took about 6 weeks to get here but got it yesterday and installed it quickly and easily. Looks good to me and more importantly will do the job it is designed for!
View attachment 43277View attachment 43278

Nice! I got one from their store, too. I got the version with the aluminum chain guard. Very happy with it so far.

I had to change the oil in my Prius after the free oil changes ended...I think Toyota has the same gorilla, couldnt get the thing off with any of my wrenches (I have numerous-even the one posted above) no joy,,,I went to walmart and bought the below one,,,you use a socket wrench on it and the more you pull on it the more it squeezes...actually had to add a small breaker bar at the end of my socket wrench to get enough leverage....came right off after that...it only loosens, cant use it to tighten...only lefty loosey...

We are having great weather and I had a nice morning ride but it was too short because I had to get back home to meet with our case worker for our foster son.

Looks like the court is going to assign him to an adoptive home in February. We are not candidates for adopting him because we are both 60 and he is only 7 months old, just doesn't make sense to adopt someone so young given our ages.

I pulled into the driveway 15 minutes before our case worker was due to arrive, she followed me right into the driveway and commented that she didn't know we rode motorcycles. She used to have a HD Sportster but sold it when she got pregnant many years ago figuring her riding would be curtailed. Never replaced it but loved riding. She's a great social worker, we talked motorcycles and "business" today.

Nice hugger, smokey! That looks like the same shape as mine, but mine is made of fiberglass, and I had to paint it to get it to be textured black instead of gloss. Is your hugger just made of plastic and is that the finish it came with? Do you have a link to the seller?

They went up on their price a bit since I bought mine. I paid less than $100 for mine and they did not charge me any shipping. But, like I said it took about 6 weeks or so to get here.

Met up with WildCat4F today for a ride, our first one together this year. We rode up the Cd'A River Rd part ways and then returned. great time riding and hanging out for a few hours. We stopped off for a quick snack and a photo shoot with Smokey.

Kingston Idaho
CdA River Rd with Sam OCT20.jpg
CdA River Rd with Sam2 OCT20.jpg

It’s an excellent time of year for riding here in the central highlands of Arizona – cool mornings and warmish afternoons and still a goodly amount of daylight too. So ... 2 days, 2 rides.

Day 1 was a day-long ride up onto the Colorado Plateau and into the nation’s (& therefore the world’s) largest Ponderosa forest, and then along the plateau’s southern edge. And, BTW, when I say “edge”, I’m talking a major cliff here, an escarpment that drops from what’s called the Mogollon Rim at roughly 7600 ft elevation to around 5400 ft at the valley floor below. The views from the Rim are outstanding if it’s clear. Unfortunately, smoke from the tragic wildfires in California are making things really hazy here so between that and dead camera batteries, here’s a picture from a previous ride.

1RimShot.jpg

I rode east on the Rim Road (Fr 300), a well-maintained gravel road that runs about 30 miles right along the edge of the Mogollon Rim. It eventually intersects a highway that runs to the west and down the face of the rim to the bottom of the escarpment. Once down at the bottom of the escarpment, I picked up the Control Road, another well-maintained gravel road that runs 20 odd miles west along the bottom of the Mogollon Rim to intersect another highway that allowed me to close the loop and head on home. Here’s what the Rim looks like from below – a crappy cell phone shot (sorry, dead camera battery, remember?) – I was riding along the top of that cliff edge in the background just an hour or so before this shot.

2ControlRd.jpg

Day 1 summary: 240 miles ridden (60+ on gravel); elevation range: 3100 ft to 7600 ft.; temperature range: 66*F to 94*F, clear skies. This is a ride I try to do at least once a year.

Day 2: Over the Mingus Mountains and thru the old mining towns of Jerome and Clarkdale to the Verde River valley and Tuzigoot Nat’l Monument (which is a 600-900 year-old 100+ room pueblo ruin originally built by the Sinagua people)

Here’s a shot looking back at the Mingus Mtns from near Tuzigoot – you can see Jerome to the left and about half-way up the mountain, right below the “J”. If you look to the right along the mountain ridge, you can see a “notch” just above the top edge of the NC’s windshield – that’s where I’m headed next.

3Jerome.jpg

So back up to Jerome and then north through the Mingus Mtns on Perkinsville Rd, another well-maintained gravel road. A significant portion of the Perkinsville Rd is on an old railroad roadbed that was used to haul ore from the mines around Jerome. Here’s what the Verde Valley looks like looking back from that “notch” in the pix above; Jerome is just above the NC’s right mirror.

4VerdeOLook.jpg

Riding on to the north, the views open up again after a bit … here you can see the red rocks west of Sedona in the middle distance and, in the far distance, the San Francisco Peaks near Flagstaff (about 50 miles away).

6RedRx.jpg

After about 40 miles of riding, Perkinsville Road dumps me back onto pavement at the town of Chino Valley and it’s slab back to the house and close out the loop.

Day 2 summary: 108 miles ridden (40 gravel); elevation range: 3400 ft to 6300 ft.; temperature range: 67*F to 84*F, partly cloudy to mostly clear skies.

It’s an excellent time of year for riding here in the central highlands of Arizona – cool mornings and warmish afternoons and still a goodly amount of daylight too. So ... 2 days, 2 rides.

Day 1 was a day-long ride up onto the Colorado Plateau and into the nation’s (& therefore the world’s) largest Ponderosa forest, and then along the plateau’s southern edge. And, BTW, when I say “edge”, I’m talking a major cliff here, an escarpment that drops from what’s called the Mogollon Rim at roughly 7600 ft elevation to around 5400 ft at the valley floor below. The views from the Rim are outstanding if it’s clear. Unfortunately, smoke from the tragic wildfires in California are making things really hazy here so between that and dead camera batteries, here’s a picture from a previous ride.

View attachment 43297

I rode east on the Rim Road (Fr 300), a well-maintained gravel road that runs about 30 miles right along the edge of the Mogollon Rim. It eventually intersects a highway that runs to the west and down the face of the rim to the bottom of the escarpment. Once down at the bottom of the escarpment, I picked up the Control Road, another well-maintained gravel road that runs 20 odd miles west along the bottom of the Mogollon Rim to intersect another highway that allowed me to close the loop and head on home. Here’s what the Rim looks like from below – a crappy cell phone shot (sorry, dead camera battery, remember?) – I was riding along the top of that cliff edge in the background just an hour or so before this shot.

View attachment 43298

Day 1 summary: 240 miles ridden (60+ on gravel); elevation range: 3100 ft to 7600 ft.; temperature range: 66*F to 94*F, clear skies. This is a ride I try to do at least once a year.

Day 2: Over the Mingus Mountains and thru the old mining towns of Jerome and Clarkdale to the Verde River valley and Tuzigoot Nat’l Monument (which is a 600-900 year-old 100+ room pueblo ruin originally built by the Sinagua people)

Here’s a shot looking back at the Mingus Mtns from near Tuzigoot – you can see Jerome to the left and about half-way up the mountain, right below the “J”. If you look to the right along the mountain ridge, you can see a “notch” just above the top edge of the NC’s windshield – that’s where I’m headed next.

View attachment 43299

So back up to Jerome and then north through the Mingus Mtns on Perkinsville Rd, another well-maintained gravel road. A significant portion of the Perkinsville Rd is on an old railroad roadbed that was used to haul ore from the mines around Jerome. Here’s what the Verde Valley looks like looking back from that “notch” in the pix above; Jerome is just above the NC’s right mirror.

View attachment 43300

Riding on to the north, the views open up again after a bit … here you can see the red rocks west of Sedona in the middle distance and, in the far distance, the San Francisco Peaks near Flagstaff (about 50 miles away).

View attachment 43301

After about 40 miles of riding, Perkinsville Road dumps me back onto pavement at the town of Chino Valley and it’s slab back to the house and close out the loop.

Day 2 summary: 108 miles ridden (40 gravel); elevation range: 3400 ft to 6300 ft.; temperature range: 67*F to 84*F, partly cloudy to mostly clear skies.
CapeMan that looks like a wicked adventure. Thanks for including the photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back