• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed out for a ride this afternoon with Pillion after services are over. Got an FleaBay notice saying the luggage racks arrived in the states from Ukraine.
Yes, Yes, YES!!(finally). :{)

Last edited:
Took a short ride with Pillion today, enjoyed one more day of the 50f sunny weather before the rain/snow hits in a couple of days here! Stopped off at a memorial for a MOH recipient that i hadn't seen before over in Hayden Idaho near the airport! :{)

Hayden airport Pappy Boyington memorial.JPG

Hayden airport Pappy Boyington memorial2.JPG

Checked the tire pressure today. It was way low. Hopefully increasing the pressure will fix some lumpiness I was feeling in 6th gear. A reminder to the members who may be a bit lazy on checking the pressure like myself. I mean to do it more often especially when it gets colder but....

Stopped at the stop sign on the end of my road a car coming down the hill, making a left turn from the cross street, almost ran into my bike’s front end.

On my way home, at the same corner, I have my left turn signal on to indicate I’m turning. Car behind me cuts out, crosses the double yellow, and passes me on the left on the down the hill slope while I’m beginning to turn left.

WTF?

no kidding right. I too have had a couple of those "2 in one" days and it is more than unnerving to say the least. Glad you made it through both of those incidents my friend.
:{)

Rode the Honda nc700 into work this past Friday...on the Watterson Expressway in Louisville...I was in the 2nd from the right lane (4 lane highway at that point)...car in far right lane next to me came over on me (only option was to hit the brake, couldnt swerve into the next left lane, car was there)....my lights on bright (all 3 of them),,,horn blasting away (132 decibel horn) and he still came over and flipped me off when horn was blaring...almost got rear ended by the car behind me because I had to get on the brakes hard...he saw me, he heard me, and still came over...always tell the wife, if they only try to kill me 3 times on my commute, it is a good day of riding.....people just dont care about anything but themselves anymore....

Was a cool wet day. A motorist helped me out today pointing out that my tail light was out. Must have happened after I left in the morning as I always check the lights before leaving. We are moving so had to open up boxes to find tools and replacement bulbs. I got it done but it definitely is not intuitive.

Out on the NC for a bomb burger at Tremont Tavern in Chattanooga TN. Best burger I've ever eaten. First time I've been able to eat here since the pandemic. Been a favorite stop of mine for many years.

Also....man I love riding this NC! Put around 2600 miles on it in the 4-5 months I've had it. Doesn't sound like a ton, but I also ride 2 other bikes as well. I'm about ready to take off work a few days during the week and get gone on this sucker....got jury duty tomorrow, not sure how long that will last, otherwise I was gonna take a road trip this week!

20201115_154845.jpg

20201115_161653.jpg

20201115_160306.jpg

Don’t get that side of river much when we’re in Chattanooga but may have to get over there for a burger.
Tremont is a cool little spot. Kind of a local type tavern, in more of a neighborhood area. Urban Stack downtown has phenomenal burgers too, but my preference lies at Tremont.

More progress on my long slow project to add LED lights to the top box. The lights for the second, left lens are done and soldered up now! Also took the plunge and finally committed to drilling into the case to install the cable gland and connector.

Crimped on connectors for the two lenses, and installed the wiring for the right lens on the voltage regulator board.

IMG_5804.jpgIMG_5807.jpg

IMG_5808.jpgIMG_5811.jpg

IMG_5812.jpgIMG_5814.jpg

Left to do: Install the wire for the left lens on to the board, install the wire and connectors for the brake flasher module, wire the cable connector, wire the cable gland, and finally crimp the connectors that install into the stock tail light wiring connectors. Whew. I am hoping to have this done and working by the end of the week. We have a 60+ F day coming up on Thursday, which would be the perfect time to finish up and go out for a test ride.

670cc. Yes I rode NC700X there! I had lots of pics from my summer trip of 11,000 miles in 71 days. Thru all 9 western states. Even hit Canada from Montana and Idaho. I reset my phone and lost last half of trip. Will try to recover them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back