• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 DCT recalled

On todays ride several times I fed the throttle in so gingerly, that the rpms actually dropped and I thought it was going to stall.... but it didn't.
They may not all exhibit the fueling issue (due to sample variations) or there could be other factors such as temperature, weather conditions, etc at play. All I can say is that mine happened with gentle throttle inputs in warm, dry conditions.

Yea I'm not saying it isn't an issue for others and I feel your pain, honestly, it's horrible when there is an issue with a new bike, I just can't get mine to misbehave at this point, and I was just trying to see if I could MAKE it stall. The good thing is Honda is stepping up and going to fix it. relatively early in the production run.

My FJR had a recall for a second gear issue that Yamaha didn't recognize for 4 years.

Rode 70 miles on mine today. Tried to make it stall by snapping the throttle open and closed on several occasions. Never faltered.

Tried to find a vin plate to see when it was manufactured after reading this thread and couldn't find one, but serial number is under 100., picked up July 22, 2021, so it would seem it would fall within production dates of March and August.
Hi there, I just checked mine and found VIN sticker on the left side, large frame tube just behind the radiator. The date on mine is 3/21. I've noticed a near-stall once or twice.

I own #120, taking into dealer today at 1pm. The service manager stated all they have to do is upload new software into ECU. I’ll let you all know how long it takes when I get back this evening.

Last edited:
Yea I'm not saying it isn't an issue for others and I feel your pain, honestly, it's horrible when there is an issue with a new bike, I just can't get mine to misbehave at this point, and I was just trying to see if I could MAKE it stall. The good thing is Honda is stepping up and going to fix it. relatively early in the production run.

My FJR had a recall for a second gear issue that Yamaha didn't recognize for 4 years.
Mine stalled once, not far from your house (Crane Schoolhouse and South Bantam). From a stop I was trying to give it just a tiny bit of throttle to get it to go a few inches (but stay out of oncoming traffic) up very slight incline so I could see around standing corn. Without DCT, I would've given it throttle and feather the clutch to do the same thing.

Mine stalled once, not far from your house (Crane Schoolhouse and South Bantam). From a stop I was trying to give it just a tiny bit of throttle to get it to go a few inches (but stay out of oncoming traffic) up very slight incline so I could see around standing corn. Without DCT, I would've given it throttle and feather the clutch to do the same thing.

Interesting. I tried forcing my bike to do that and at ultra low throttle (less than I would ever use for forward motion) I did get an rpm drop, but it didnt stall.

Btw Have you ridden Crane-Schoolhouse since they repaved it? Nice! I just rode it yesterday to Swings Corner-Point Isabell (also repaved) to Mount Olive-Pt Isablell to Goodwin Schoolhouse-Pt Isabel (also repaved) to 133 and then down to the river then west on 52 to 743 and up 743 back to 222. Nice loop.

Interesting. I tried forcing my bike to do that and at ultra low throttle (less than I would ever use for forward motion) I did get an rpm drop, but it didnt stall.

Btw Have you ridden Crane-Schoolhouse since they repaved it? Nice! I just rode it yesterday to Swings Corner-Point Isabell (also repaved) to Mount Olive-Pt Isablell to Goodwin Schoolhouse-Pt Isabel (also repaved) to 133 and then down to the river then west on 52 to 743 and up 743 back to 222. Nice loop.
I rode that way maybe twice. I don't recall any new paving. I don't ride as much as you do. I've seen you a couple of times while I'm in my truck on my way home from work. Once at 749 and 132 and the other not far from there.

Recall for stalling issue on the 2021 NC750X DCT.
Got my software flashed at the dealership today for recall. As others have already shared the total time in and out the door was about an hour.
I did not experience any stalling issues since I bought the NC750xdm in July of this year. After installing the new software the throttle seemed smoother, the tachometer reading was more stable and the gears on the dct were quieter.
My s/n is 0047

The reported history mentions some were 'bought back' and one was traded to a non-Honda dealer. I believe that was someone on this forum.
I bought mine from a Harley dealer, maybe mine?
I haven't experienced anything like this.

Just called my local, my #38 is "affected".

Last edited:
Interesting thread. I've noticed a similar issue on my 2012 nc700s manual:

-its possible to 'catch' the fuel injection if you gently let the clutch out before opening the throttle, if you do it 20 times it might stall once. It's almost like you're catching the engine when both cylinders are on the exhaust stroke.
-it has had a lean surge at 50 km/h, 2000 rpm, steady throttle, very light load, for as long as I've owned the bike
-1/10 hot restarts have a very long crank time, more than 3 seconds.

Those conditions taken all together make me think that the idle and very light load areas of the fuel map are just a bit too lean, causing unstable combustion at those light/zero throttle angles.

But it would need thousands of dollars of equipment to properly diagnose, I just know the issues and ride around them.

I think the 2021 fuelling was probably pushed to the limit for euro 5, it does sound kind of similar to my 2012 bike.

I bought mine from a Harley dealer, maybe mine?
I haven't experienced anything like this.

Just called my local, my #38 is "affected".
Supposedly, a traded 2021 went to a BMW dealer. It’s original owner lived in California. He raved about the good service offered at a BMW dealership, and swapped the NC for a 2018 Beemer.

Back