• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R and S Details Have Been Leaked

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site

Oops!​

KTM leaked details regarding both of their upcoming 2021 1290 Super Adventure models when they accidentally set one of the web pages on their official site to live. They immediately took the pages in question down, but Motorcycle.com still managed to capture all the details before they could get to it.

The website confirms KTM’s big plan for Euro 5 compliance through the use of three lambda sensors fitted into the exhaust to monitor emissions. The addition of the new exhaust system has dropped the torque from 103.2 lb-ft to 101.8; a small and almost negligible drop in power, but you can probably thank the Euro 5 updates for that one. The horsepower will remain the same as the 2020 model with 160 hp total.

Beyond the engine, the transmission on the 2021 models will be receiving a Pankl gearbox sourced from the 1290 Super Duke R and both will be packaged into an updated chrome-molybdenum steel trellis frame.

Two split radiators are tucked behind the front fairings for improved airflow and accessibility, and the seat has been dropped height with the addition of a fully adjustable seating system for the S version.

The S model will get the much-needed addition of adaptive cruise control, which makes sense since the S version is more intended for street use.

I’m curious to find out if KTM has any more secrets up their sleeve regarding these two bikes, and hopefully, the grand unveiling (TBA) gives us some more details to chare with you.

The post 2021 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R and S Details Have Been Leaked appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Whenever I see references to these hyper powered trail bikes (of any brand) I feel compelled to post the following clip again.........

Back