• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC 750X Dashboard

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok someone finally did a you-tube tute on the 2021 NC 750X dashboard although he glosses over some things. I like it when he starts getting into line mode and line width mode etc and just starts glossing

670cc you are going to love this vid lol

My question in this thread would be concerning the bars in the different trans modes

In STANDARD mode, and in neutral, it indicates Neutral

it shows 2 bars in power, 2 bars in engine braking and 2 bars in traction control ... that's it

03wXB1Rh.jpg

Push the drive button to put it in gear, and neutral goes out and 1 shows up along with 2 bars in D (whatever D is? Drive?)

Zn4kkK9h.jpg

Hit SPORT mode and it changes to

3 bars in power, 3 bars in engine braking 1 bar in traction control and 4 bars in D

iwknYqHh.jpg

Hit RAIN mode it changes to

1 bar in power, 1 bar in engine braking, three bars in traction control and 1 bar in D

r3wo1HMh.jpg

In USER mode you can adjust it to suit you in a number of combinations

power from 1-3 bars (obviously less power to more power)
engine braking 1 to 3 bars (obviously less engine braking to more engine braking)
traction control from 1-3 bars (obviously less traction control to more traction control)
and D from 1-4 bars

(see video tute from 1:57 to 4:40)

My question is What is D? and how does it affect power delivery? What difference would it make if you set it up in USER mode with 1 bar or 4 bars? (BTW it is the only mode that has 4 bars the rest only have 3..weird)

Reactions: IRA
...My question is What is D? and how does it affect power delivery? What difference would it make if you set it up in USER mode with 1 bar or 4 bars? (BTW it is the only mode that has 4 bars the rest only have 3..weird)...
This is from the YouTube comment section of the video you show here:

"I've forgotten some infos regarding the D-Level mode. Here are the explanations:
NC750XD D level (DCT mode)
D level (DCT mode) has four setting levels.
Available setting range: 1 to 4
- Higher engine revolution can be used by increasing the level.
- Level 1 has the least engine revolution.
- Level 4 has the most engine revolution.
So to resume, you can level up or down the engine revolution with 4 stage levels. "

If you check your user manual I think you will find a detailed description there ... (I guess that's where it should be ...)

Reactions: IRA
ok, so I went out and set mine with 3 bars in the D mode, and next ride I will see what difference it makes. I left power on 2, engine braking on 2 and traction control on 2 ...or similar to standard only with more rpms before shifting?

In STANDARD mode, mine was shifting at about 2500 rpms with easy throttle and 3500 rpms with aggressive throttle.

I would assume TC only interferes with the bike in a traction limited situation (rain, sand, gravel etc), and will have no affect on how the bike powers forward under normal circumstances.

According to 2021 NC750 owner's manual "D mode" or D1-D4 setting, it is the same as D, S1-S3 driving mode on older 750XD models.
The main difference is that in your model the drive mode (D1-D4) selection can only be made in USER mode.
Does this look like an improvement in the drive mode selection? Rhetorical question. I only have two selections with a switch: D or S

interesting

I try and read the manual but a few pages in my eyes glaze over and the charts with little black and white arrows showing go this way then go that way drive me crazy.

More fun to come here and discuss

According to 2021 NC750 owner's manual "D mode" or D1-D4 setting, it is the same as D, S1-S3 driving mode on older 750XD models.
The main difference is that in your model the drive mode (D1-D4) selection can only be made in USER mode.
Does this look like an improvement in the drive mode selection? Rhetorical question. I only have two selections with a switch: D or S
-that's what I have on my CTX700-It seems like the new NC provides TMI-but I'm still waiting for for my NC...

Having more selections in the driving mode is definitely better, but how the selection is made makes a big difference in the pleasure and practicality of riding.

ok on today's ride I used the new User mode with 3 bars in the D mode. It was a little more aggressive than STANDARD mode, but not as aggressive as SPORT mode, and held the gears longer and shifted about 500-700 rpms higher than Standard mode, shifting at 3500 to 4200 rpms, depending on how far you twisted the throttle. I can see the USER mode being a lot of fun on roads/circumstances when I would like to ride a little more aggressively, but not for general riding FOR ME. For me STANDARD mode suits most of my every day riding fine.

Mb8qNuVh.jpg

At one point I stopped, turned the bike off, popped the frunk using my new knob, and took a swig of water from a bottle I had in the frunk. When I started up the bike again, it had automatically reverted back to STANDARD mode. So I guess if you want to use the USER mode, you have to consciously make sure you put it in that mode every time you ride, or restart the bike.

Last edited:
Ok someone finally did a you-tube tute on the 2021 NC 750X dashboard although he glosses over some things. I like it when he starts getting into line mode and line width mode etc and just starts glossing

670cc you are going to love this vid lol

My question in this thread would be concerning the bars in the different trans modes

In STANDARD mode, and in neutral, it indicates Neutral

it shows 2 bars in power, 2 bars in engine braking and 2 bars in traction control ... that's it

03wXB1Rh.jpg

Push the drive button to put it in gear, and neutral goes out and 1 shows up along with 2 bars in D (whatever D is? Drive?)

Zn4kkK9h.jpg

Hit SPORT mode and it changes to

3 bars in power, 3 bars in engine braking 1 bar in traction control and 4 bars in D

iwknYqHh.jpg

Hit RAIN mode it changes to

1 bar in power, 1 bar in engine braking, three bars in traction control and 1 bar in D

r3wo1HMh.jpg

In USER mode you can adjust it to suit you in a number of combinations

power from 1-3 bars (obviously less power to more power)
engine braking 1 to 3 bars (obviously less engine braking to more engine braking)
traction control from 1-3 bars (obviously less traction control to more traction control)
and D from 1-4 bars

(see video tute from 1:57 to 4:40)

My question is What is D? and how does it affect power delivery? What difference would it make if you set it up in USER mode with 1 bar or 4 bars? (BTW it is the only mode that has 4 bars the rest only have 3..weird)
Hi There,
Glossing or not, I was glad it was useful for some people. I tried to find another dashboard review, but guess what, there isn't one so we'll stick with that until someone else will make a better one without glossing. Next time I'll consider less "glossing", thanks for the imputs.
Nice thread by the way, it's fun to watch it!

Hi There,
Glossing or not, I was glad it was useful for some people. I tried to find another dashboard review, but guess what, there isn't one so we'll stick with that until someone else will make a better one without glossing. Next time I'll consider less "glossing", thanks for the imputs.
Nice thread by the way, it's fun to watch it!
Was that your video? No offense meant on the glossing part. I'm so glad you did it. Programming the 21 NC dashboard is a very complicated affair and the video helped me immensely. There are still some parts of programming it I don't understand, but that vid was still very helpful and I was able to sort it for the most part.

I still get a purple bar that randomly flashes 3 times for some unknown reason, but I just ignore it.

Last edited:
I have wondered what this area was reserved for. I don’t see any (unlit) lcd elements there, so can’t even speculate. But at one time before I got my bike, I hoped it was reserved for a future cruise control accessory. {Sigh}CC50605B-FC98-4257-BB62-BE48BBB553BA.jpeg

I had the sun behind me yesterday and I noticed a spot above the left turn signal the looked like a fog light indicator. I didn't see anything on the Honda NC750 website under accessories that shows anything light related, I know they have the light bar but was hoping for a factory light kit, then maybe I wouldn't have to cut and splice the harness.

Anyone know anything about that fog light indicator?

Hi! In fact I've just installed GIVI fog lights and made my own custom harness, which lights up fog inficator. The only thing you need to do is to put +12V into brown wire in Optional Connector (used originally to power OEM fog lights and USB charger).

Br/W below:
1686254861976.png
(on some markets there is additional blue wire from passing switch), it is not present in EU versions.

Here is how it looks like when powered:
1686254917565.png

I believe it is also used by original OEM Honda fog lights...

Back