• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750 Newbie from Qc

GLLV

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I'm Guy from Québec and just bought a 2021 NC750XA with 8000 km. I tested it out locally, then promptly took it on a 2000 km trip over three days.

The bike definitely ticks all my boxes, but I do have a few questions and gripes. This forum is a goldmine and I have to search a bit more to learn about the following:
- No provisions for a tank bag
- Turn signal auto-cancelling not implemented
- Wind noise even with a taller windshield (but very quiet when leaning into the bubble)
- A few manual mis-shifts between 3rd and 4th
- Comfy except for acute knee angle (1m77 rider)
- Relatively stiff suspension, even at minimum preload
- Setting the RPM advisories by 200 increments, instead of 100
- Great fuel economy, 70+ mpg or 3.3L/100 km, despite spirited riding and elevation changes, giving me a reasonable 400-km range. I'd love a slightly bigger tank!

I plan to add a windshield deflector, fork savers, hand protectors and a cellphone mount.

Lots of really good advice on the website but I welcome any comments on the above, or any tip or recommended mod.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Guy from Québec and just bought a 2021 NC750XA with 8000 km. I tested it out locally, then promptly took it on a 2000 km trip over three days.

The bike definitely ticks all my boxes, but I do have a few questions and gripes. This forum is a goldmine and I have to search a bit more to learn about the following:
- No provisions for a tank bag
- Turn signal auto-cancelling not implemented
- Wind noise even with a taller windshield (but very quiet when leaning into the bubble)
- A few manual mis-shifts between 3rd and 4th
- Comfy except for acute knee angle (1m77 rider)
- Relatively stiff suspension, even at minimum preload
- Setting the RPM advisories by 200 increments, instead of 100
- Great fuel economy, 70+ mpg or 3.3L/100 km, despite spirited riding and elevation changes, giving me a reasonable 400-km range. I'd love a slightly bigger tank!

I plan to add a windshield deflector, fork savers, hand protectors and a cellphone mount.

Lots of really good advice on the website but I welcome any comments on the above, or any tip or recommended mod.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

As for “comments on the above”, the NC is what it is, sort of a blank canvas for you to modify. I have about 40 modifications on mine; I finally got it just how I like it. Windshields, suspension, seat comfort, etc. can all be modified to suit tastes.

If mis-shifts are an issue, adjust the shift lever to match your footwear. The manual transmission itself is not known to present any shifting issues.

In 2021 Honda changed the ribs on the frunk, so the Givi tank bag will no longer fit. Not sure how hard it would be to replace the ribs from say a 2019 or 2020.

The suspension is very stiff imo. Certainly not what I would call cushy. To me this is an expensive fix, and not worth it to me.

Windshields, I run the Givi Touring in cold weather, some people prefer the Madstatt.in hot weather I run a cut down shield for more air.

Was the self cancelling ts a feature on Canadian bikes? Because it wasnt on US bikes.

Thanks for the feedback and greetings. A fair bit of tinkering indeed lies ahead, as well as my own adapting to this great bike. Not sure that turn cancelling was ever offered here, as with other markets.

Safe rides!

Back