• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information 2021 NC750X announced for US market!

certainly look sharper. wonder if they are going to do anything with the 'S' model.
2021-Honda-NC750X-DCT-First-Look-adventure-touring-commuter-motorcycle-featured.jpg

Looks like Honda is still updating their website but, reading through the “features” section, it seems that the US is finally getting ABS on the manual transmission model.
That would be great. I never understood why we could get those options in Canada but not in the US after all we are neighbours

That would be great. I never understood why we could get those options in Canada but not in the US after all we are neighbours
Me neither but, thankfully, my dealer confirmed that ABS is finally available on the US manual transmission model for 2021. Put down a deposit on one and it should be here in May!

I put a deposit on a 2021 with DCT. Dealer expects delivery in mid-June. DCTs are arriving later than the manual model.

I owned a 2012 NC700X DCT for a couple years, traded it for a CB500X a few years ago. Looking forward to the updated version and less strain on my left hand!

Proceed with caution on these new features. One year the Honda web site said the NC had dual front disc brakes. Some people got all excited, but it was incorrect info. I contacted American Honda about that, and then they fixed the web site to show the single disc.
There is a single front disc with TWO front calipers on the 2021.

Perhaps they meant a 2-piston caliper
Maybe something like that. Two something, whatever it is. It probably stops.
Honda Powersports US calls it "Single 320mm disc w/ hydraulic caliper; 2-channel ABS"
I guess that is the source of the confusion. "2-channel ABS".

Last edited:
The caliper is the bit that grabs the brake disc. The pistons are what push it into the disc

There is one caliper on the front and one on the back. The front caliper has two pistons, while the rear caliper has one piston. "Two channel ABS" means that the antilock action can be applied independently to the front brake or to the rear brake. For example if only front wheel slip is detected, the antilock pump and valve operates on the front caliper only.

Last edited:
There is one caliper on the front and one on the back. The front caliper has two pistons, while the rear caliper has one piston. "Two channel ABS" means that the antilock action can be applied independently to the front brake or to the rear brake. For example if only front wheel slip is detected, the antilock pump and valve operates on the front caliper only.
Great info. I was certain that I had read about two calipers. I guess I got confused about 2 something.

Last edited:
Everyone is likely to have a different reaction to the 2021 model. I read through the press release and the specs. All things seem to be heading in the right direction, except, for me, the reduction in suspension travel. I realize there is a large population of riders that need the lowered seat, but for me the old seat height was fine. Sadly, there is no increase in fuel tank capacity. I think Honda skimps on fuel tank size across all of their models, so I guess I shouldn’t expect them to single out the NC for fuel tank size increase.

If I look at what I would get with a 2021 manual vs my 2012, the main equation is that I gain ABS, and I lose suspension travel. The rest of the changes, including throttle by wire, are of little importance to me, and because I would need to start all over again with the estimated 40 modifications I have done, I’ll just keep my 2012.

Using the old software version analogy, in 10 model years, Honda has worked through NCX version 1.0 up to about 1.3. I’ll wait for NCX 2.0
Yes - I agree. I put at least $2-3,000 in mods on my 2012 and the bike is exactly tailored for me. Just a replacement seat ran over $600. Plus my 2012 NC is still going strong. Besides, by the time my 2012 needs to be replaced, the 2021’s will be much cheaper :)

Attachments

• FBE14960-0766-466D-9320-78596DD13AF3.jpeg
    FBE14960-0766-466D-9320-78596DD13AF3.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 7
The loss of suspension travel is a no go for me on the 2021. Like other said regarding mods on their bikes and having to start all over again. If the change was the upgrade I was looking for then I would be willing to do it. If they had improved the suspension, and there was an option for cruise control on the bike then I would certainly give it some thought. But lowering the bike, and losing suspension travel no thanks. I am glad to see the bike is still alive. I keep hoping Honda will put the NC power plant in a mini Africa Twin or give us the suspension, larger front and rear wheels so the NC can do the job. I think it would make a great powerplant for that application.

I suppose that if Honda plans to follow through on the much speculated smaller Africa Twin, this would explain reducing seat height on the NC750 and thereby shortening suspension travel and ground clearance.

certainly look sharper. wonder if they are going to do anything with the 'S' model.
2021-Honda-NC750X-DCT-First-Look-adventure-touring-commuter-motorcycle-featured.jpg
Reading the specs on the prior "S" models, I see that the suspension travel is now the same on the 2021 NC750X as it was on the NC750S, 4.7 inches.
They both have the lower ground clearance and the lower seat height compared with the NC750X.
I imagine ( my guess only ) Honda has basically merged the NC750S with the NC750X to make room for a yet to be announced 2022 or later "Baby Africa Twin" that will have a larger diameter front tire.
For those of us such as my wife who really do not ride off road much, the 2021 NC750X will be just fine.
For those of us disappointed that the suspension travel is decreased, my bet is that Honda will release that small "Baby Africa Twin" in the coming years.

Last edited:
Reading the specs on the "S" models, I see that the suspension travel is now the same on the 2021 NC750X as it was on the NC750S, 47.1 inches.
Wow.
47.1 inches of suspension travel.
One would need a ladder to mount the bike.
However, fording streams, no, make that rivers, would be a piece of cake.

I know it's a typo, but it's a slow day here with 10" of snow on the ground and a temp of 25F.

Back