• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x overview. Lower weight, new plastic, new dash display

That author lost NC credibility when they wrote that line (above, in underlined bold). Perhaps the author doesn’t understand the New Concept. Once I read that, I no longer had faith in the accuracy of anything else in the article. The use of the word “anyone” implies that all NC riders would want more revs, but that is not true.
It's ADVRider after all, home of the "if they ever bring that thing over here I'll buy it in a heartbeat" tag line.

I have to admit general MC community forums like ADV have come a very long way from the early years of the NC700 threads. Those threads were full of derogatory comments about the bike and the type of rider that would be seen on one. Now DCT is all the rage and NC bikes have largely left behind all the naysayers.

It's ADVRider after all, home of the "if they ever bring that thing over here I'll buy it in a heartbeat" tag line.

I have to admit general MC community forums like ADV have come a very long way from the early years of the NC700 threads. Those threads were full of derogatory comments about the bike and the type of rider that would be seen on one. Now DCT is all the rage and NC bikes have largely left behind all the naysayers.
Agree.

Honda may be partly to blame for ADV community negativity. By Honda’s choice, Honda places the NC in their ”adventure“ marketing category. Looking at Honda’s grouping of so called adventure bikes, the NC (with the latest changes) has the least suspension travel, and the smallest front wheel. It has street tires, and a small fuel tank. It really has the attributes that put it in a street “standard” category, not adventure. Honda trying to call the NC something it is not has probably left it more open to attack on the ADV forums.

Why O Why no cruise control? I would trade up in a heart beat for cruise control!

I browsed American Honda‘s street models and from what I can tell, only the Goldwing and Africa Twin models come with factory cruise control (if there are others, let me know). The NC, being more of a low budget, commuter model, would seem to be low on the list of bikes likely to come with cruise control. If Honda wanted to increase the features list on the NC, I would think putting ABS on the manual trans model in the USA would be a higher priority.

Last edited:
I browsed American Honda‘s street models and from what I can tell, only the Goldwing and Africa Twin models come with factory cruise control (if there are others, let me know). The NC, being more of a low budget, commuter model, would seem to be low on the list of bikes likely to come with cruise control. If Honda wanted to increase the features list on the NC, I would think putting ABS on the manual trans model in the USA would be a higher priority.
I don't understand no cruise control on the DCT bikes, they seem to me to be the perfect platform from a safety point of view. I have never managed in my 6 years of ownership to stall the DCT.

Personally, I think the NC750X is a great highway bike, excepting lack of CC! I've put just under 14,000 miles on mine this year, love the bike, but must admit I've been looking at the Versys 1000 and Tracer 900 GT mostly for the cruser control alone. Reality check, I don't want to give up the economy of the NC750X, or pay for a bunch of gizmos Idon't need! I've seen nothing about the 2021 that would make me hot for a trade over my 2018. I'd probably be better served to buy another NOS 2018 and farkle it completely differently! Atlas throttle lock at least let's me get a rest on long rides!

Personally, I think the NC750X is a great highway bike, excepting lack of CC! I've put just under 14,000 miles on mine this year, love the bike, but must admit I've been looking at the Versys 1000 and Tracer 900 GT mostly for the cruser control alone. Reality check, I don't want to give up the economy of the NC750X, or pay for a bunch of gizmos Idon't need! I've seen nothing about the 2021 that would make me hot for a trade over my 2018. I'd probably be better served to buy another NOS 2018 and farkle it completely differently! Atlas throttle lock at least let's me get a rest on long rides!
Go Cruise throttle lever is more functional than simple friction locks and much less $.

As dduelin said, who knows if American Honda will bring the 2021 model here and a lot of that is related to how many crated NC700Xs and NC750Xs are still in the unit warehouses.

This comment is interesting to me considering when I bought my 2020, the dealers around me made it seem like they had a hard time getting their hands on a bike. In fact, the dealer I bought my bike from had to drive to Florida (I live in Virginia) to pick it up. One of the dealers had a 2018 manual in stock, but refused to negotiate on the original new price. While I get that it isn't a popular bike in the US, in my experience no one was really that interested in parting with what they had, or even trying to get their hands on one for me. That led me to believe they weren't available and not that there are a bunch collecting dust in warehouses.

I am also curious as to why no cruise control. While I can understand when they first released the bike, from what I can tell most of the NC owners spend a decent enough time on highways that there seems to be a lot of want for it. If they decided to put it on the AT, an actual ADV bike, I don't know why they wouldn't put it on the NC which is being pretty heavily used as a commuter/light touring bike. As far as increased cost goes, from a manufacturing standpoint I can't imagine it would be that much more expensive considering they already did it for the AT.

A question from someone who was never good at math. The frunk size has been increased from 22L to 23L. I have a 2020. I've bought a 2L bottle of soda in my life time and there is no way you could fit 10, 2L bottles of soda, let alone 9, 8, 7, 6 or 5. Maybe 4. My remedial math skills tells me that would be 8L. Granted, there would be additional space around the 2L bottles, but how are they calculating 23L? That just doesn't seem possible.

Using my workman's point of view, I know I can easily hold two six-packs of beer with room to spare for chips and dip.

Hansonb4 / Bob

Go Cruise throttle lever is more functional than simple friction locks and much less $.
I have a friction lock on my back that I installed afterwards; wasn't expensive at all. Seems like a minor inconvenience to have to put it on. I prefer the added HP and the lower seat, something you really can't add aftermarket.

If you poured the contents of the 10 bottles into the Frunk they would fit, assuming the Frunk is completely sealed cavity which it's not. Litres of liquid and litre bottles are two different things.

A question from someone who was never good at math. The frunk size has been increased from 22L to 23L. I have a 2020. I've bought a 2L bottle of soda in my life time and there is no way you could fit 10, 2L bottles of soda, let alone 9, 8, 7, 6 or 5. Maybe 4. My remedial math skills tells me that would be 8L. Granted, there would be additional space around the 2L bottles, but how are they calculating 23L? That just doesn't seem possible.

Using my workman's point of view, I know I can easily hold two six-packs of beer with room to spare for chips and dip.

Hansonb4 / Bob
Take a heavy duty Glad trash bag, place 6 gallons of water in it and slide it into the frunk...it will fit in the 23 liter frunk (6 gallon is a litter over 22 liters). It is the soda bottles plastic (size and shape) which keeps from putting 10 bottles into the frunk.

I don't understand the love for cruise control. I've also never ridden a bike that had it. All this talk has me curious about it because it sounds as life altering as when I bought a bidet. Never knew you needed it until you had it sort of thing. What makes cruise control so great?

Also, if they ever fix the suspension, I buy one. I love everything about my bike, but the suspension has me pining for a Wee-Strom. I don't need any of the other upgrades. I have sufficient HP, plenty of space, and D/S modes are fine

I too had a GoCruise and It just didn't work well for me. I ended-up buying a Kaoko throttle lock - yes, a lot more expensive - but it works perfectly. The lugged adjuster is easy to use even in the rain or while wearing thick, winter gloves. :)
I switched from GoCruise, which I found lacking, to an Atlas throttle lock. Much better IMO and yes, more expensive but also worth the price.

I don't understand the love for cruise control. I've also never ridden a bike that had it. All this talk has me curious about it because it sounds as life altering as when I bought a bidet. Never knew you needed it until you had it sort of thing. What makes cruise control so great?

Also, if they ever fix the suspension, I buy one. I love everything about my bike, but the suspension has me pining for a Wee-Strom. I don't need any of the other upgrades. I have sufficient HP, plenty of space, and D/S modes are fine
I also wonder about the fascination with cruise control. I have cruise control on my Goldwing. I have owned it since 2004. For many years I never even used the cruise control. I now use the Goldwing cruise control maybe 5% of the time. I have never had a desire for a throttle lock or wrist rest on my other bikes.

But, from the conversations here, some people want cruise control! For those that want cruise control, it would be great if it was offered as an option on the NC. However, in the US, the NC is not popular, and American Honda imports them with minimal choices. In many model years, they don’t even offer a choice of color.

Back