• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

Sounds like lumber or gasoline pricing. Someone says we'll get hit with inflation so everyone one raises prices to make sure it happens
Lumber imports from evil Canada to the USA have been slapped with tariffs, as have many other goods, in a baleful attempt at 'reshoring' American manufacturing and production. Thank the politicians who love capitalism so much they refuse to let it work properly.

Many companies resisted passing along price hikes during the last presidential regime, but they could only do that for so long. Prices have been very volatile during the pandemic, but there were numerous preexisting factors which have only worsened since.

Additionally shipping constraints are compounding input cost rises, a port in China recently had a ~50 mile backup of trucks waiting to offload their goods. I know the Port of Seattle is also tremendously backed up, due to distancing requirements and labor issues. I would be surprised if Japan wasn't similarly constrained at their ports.

Just-in-time manufacturing only works when goods are flowing quickly, which is contributing to depressed production on top of delayed deliveries.

Lumber imports from evil Canada to the USA have been slapped with tariffs, as have many other goods, in a baleful attempt at 'reshoring' American manufacturing and production. Thank the politicians who love capitalism so much they refuse to let it work properly.

Many companies resisted passing along price hikes during the last presidential regime, but they could only do that for so long. Prices have been very volatile during the pandemic, but there were numerous preexisting factors which have only worsened since.

Additionally shipping constraints are compounding input cost rises, a port in China recently had a ~50 mile backup of trucks waiting to offload their goods. I know the Port of Seattle is also tremendously backed up, due to distancing requirements and labor issues. I would be surprised if Japan wasn't similarly constrained at their ports.

Just-in-time manufacturing only works when goods are flowing quickly, which is contributing to depressed production on top of delayed deliveries.
In light of the situation as you described it, it’s a good time to have all the bikes you like already in your garage. An old used bike in the barn is better than a new dream bike somewhere in the world waiting to be assembled or shipped. The moral of the story is to already own a lot of bikes in case at some point it’s difficult to buy another one.

This just a part of a MSN article...Not to be arguing...

The US economy is so hot the supply of key materials can't keep up with surging demand — sparking shortages and price spikes in everything from computer chips and copper to chlorine.

A worker assembles a truss for a home at Wasatch Truss on May 12, 2021 in Spanish Fork, Utah. Lumber prices have sky rocketed along with supply shortages the last several months have plagued the construction industry. (Photo by George Frey/Getty Images)
© George Frey/Getty Images A worker assembles a truss for a home at Wasatch Truss on May 12, 2021 in Spanish Fork, Utah. Lumber prices have sky rocketed along with supply shortages the last several months have plagued the construction industry. (Photo by George Frey/Getty Images)
President Joe Biden does have a lever he could theoretically pull to help cool prices of lumber and steel, as they're still subject to Trump era tariffs.

Yet doing so could come at significant cost: undermining Biden's efforts to rebuild domestic manufacturing and create jobs at home.

This choice underscores the challenging position Biden finds himself in. Despite what his critics may say, he doesn't have a magic wand to immediately stabilize prices. And some of the issues can be attributed to the unique nature of the crisis: a self-imposed shutdown of the economy followed by an intense rebound.

Trump's lumber and steel tariffs, introduced in 2017 and 2018 respectively, were aimed at protecting American industry and jobs against alleged unfair trade tactics — and the steel industry says they've been essential to keeping the sector afloat during the pandemic. But the logic of the tariffs is being undermined by not only supply shortages but also breathtaking price spikes.

400% spikes​

Despite a 20% pullback in recent weeks, random-length lumber futures are still up more than 400% from their April 2020 low. Lumber prices have skyrocketed so much that it's causing remodeling nightmares and creating even more sticker shock in the booming housing market.

Surging lumber prices are making new homes on average $36,000 more expensive, according to an analysis by the National Association of Home Builders.

The 9% tariffs on Canadian lumber is not the cause — the housing boom and shutdown of sawmills have led to the shortages — but these levies are not helping. The Commerce Department has proposed doubling these tariffs, but the housing industry warns taking that step will make the situation even worse.

Regardless of who we should blame, I routinely see one to five Canadian plywood truck heading south on US 95 daily. I believe there are also train loads of lumber headed South as well. Have no clue where they unload but there sure doesn't seem to be a shortage of Canadian soft woods in this area. Idaho Forest Products seem to be pretty busy as well.

It's a mystery I can't solve but I need cheap lumber again...almost as much as I need a 2021 NC750DCT.

Attachments

• 1623455356627.png
    1623455356627.png
    68 bytes · Views: 3
This just a part of a MSN article...Not to be arguing...

Regardless of who we should blame, I routinely see one to five Canadian plywood truck heading south on US 95 daily. I believe there are also train loads of lumber headed South as well. Have no clue where they unload but there sure doesn't seem to be a shortage of Canadian soft woods in this area. Idaho Forest Products seem to be pretty busy as well.

It's a mystery I can't solve but I need cheap lumber again...almost as much as I need a 2021 NC750DCT.
It's certainly a complex constellation of causes, some of which can be traced back to the 07/08 crash and subsequent failure to build new housing for about a decade, or even further to the ascension of NAFTA and the WTO.

I can't agree more about needing lumber to be cheap though. I just bought a house (at wildly overinflated prices) and the more we look at it the more we are realizing that we need to do basically a full gut renovation due to tremendously shoddy craftsmanship. Also I wanted to use the spacious garage to get into woodworking.

The worst part is that I was promised a FJR or Goldwing once we bought a house but we sunk that money into the dang house and there's no way to get it out!

In light of the situation as you described it, it’s a good time to have all the bikes you like already in your garage. An old used bike in the barn is better than a new dream bike somewhere in the world waiting to be assembled or shipped. The moral of the story is to already own a lot of bikes in case at some point it’s difficult to buy another one.
Wow I showed this post to my wife and she did NOT understand it as a license to buy another bike. Unamerican!

LOL I've had up to 6 bikes in the garage at one time. It was a nightmare to keep up with gas fill ups, batteries, oil changes, tire pressures, keeping each one exercised etc. I love motorcycles and if I had Jay Leno money would have a barn full and hire a full time mechanic to keep up on the maintenance for me, but as I don't even have Jay Leno's dog's money I am happy that I am down to just 2 motorcycles (and a quad for snow plowing) at a time now.

Wow I showed this post to my wife and she did NOT understand it as a license to buy another bike. Unamerican!
I full support your NEED for a Wing or whatever. Just tell you wife I think it's OK and she will certainly understand.

My oldest son and I built our current house and finished it 2 years ago and had many situation where cost was a factor and we did shop hard some days. We downsized for 5 bedrooms to 2 but that allowed for some upgrades in my shop and hanger. We just missed the soaring house prices but still took a few bucks out of the previous house.

I'm down from 6 bikes also. Harley, Bandit and DRZ is the least available number I can accept. When the NC arrives that will push me into the "what if" I wanted to sell one...which one??? Harder than picking granite for kitchen counters. My wife is understanding and has this silly notion that my mini bike counts in the total number. #1 son and I are thinking of getting into lawn mower racing which concerns me that she will consider that as a vehicle. We've since agreed that if it's not licensed it can't count.

I'm behind you so just explain "the guys" think you need a Wing and she'll be on board!! Good Luck!!

[...]
The worst part is that I was promised a FJR or Goldwing once we bought a house but we sunk that money into the dang house and there's no way to get it out!
Well, I hear you.
Not sure where you are in WA but if you are anywhere near Greater Seattle and looking at the crazy house prices lately, a house is a better investment than a bike.
Count it a blessing to own a roof over your head.

Strong demand for goods & services with limited supply is going to wake up the ugly Inflation Monster.

We seldom do BBQ but I do smoke ribs on Memorial Day weekend and July 4.
Just this past Memorial Day, when I purchased the pork ribs from Costco, I saw a more than 100% price uptick. It was a shocker!

Dealer called moments ago...they were invoiced for my bike at the new US price which adds the $300. It should be at the dealer by the end of next week. Hopefully other bikes will follow closely. My order has been in since Sep 2020 so it's been a long wait.

Just thought I'd let you folks know that at least one bike is here on US soil...so others should follow quickly...we hope!!

Well, I hear you.
Not sure where you are in WA but if you are anywhere near Greater Seattle and looking at the crazy house prices lately, a house is a better investment than a bike.
We moved from the Issaquah area down to west of Olympia. We are certainly blessed, but the price we paid for what we got could only happen in this bizarre and unprecedented market.

We would have moved somewhere in eastern Washington or Oregon if her work would have allowed it. We still had to take the commute into account and ended up at the top of our budget.

Compared to other people my age though we are incredibly lucky to not be stuck in the rent trap.

I full support your NEED for a Wing or whatever. Just tell you wife I think it's OK and she will certainly understand.

My oldest son and I built our current house and finished it 2 years ago and had many situation where cost was a factor and we did shop hard some days. We downsized for 5 bedrooms to 2 but that allowed for some upgrades in my shop and hanger. We just missed the soaring house prices but still took a few bucks out of the previous house.

I'm down from 6 bikes also. Harley, Bandit and DRZ is the least available number I can accept. When the NC arrives that will push me into the "what if" I wanted to sell one...which one??? Harder than picking granite for kitchen counters. My wife is understanding and has this silly notion that my mini bike counts in the total number. #1 son and I are thinking of getting into lawn mower racing which concerns me that she will consider that as a vehicle. We've since agreed that if it's not licensed it can't count.

I'm behind you so just explain "the guys" think you need a Wing and she'll be on board!! Good Luck!!
A lot of guys get a Wing by placing the wife on the pillion seat. You don't even have to take them for a ride but just plant the seed. It's amazing the same woman that couldn't see my need for even two bikes suddenly decided that three was the right number.

Well, I hear you.
Off topic a bit. But our city house prices up a full 25% in 7 months. "Phase" price differences up nearly 40%! And my town just slapped a moratorium on new building permits. Not that there is any lumber actually available... If the bike only goes up $300, well, not too bad really. Less than 4% over a 6 month wait? Just say'n, it's still a good deal for a spank'n new bike. Enjoy your new toys!

Last edited:
Honda of Russellville, Arkansas (a Powerhouse dealer) claims to have a 2021 NC750X DCT in stock. They are usually pretty accurate on their web site inventory details, but since I am not interested in the ‘21, I did not call to verify.

Bummer. My dealer now tells me my wife's 2021 NC750X might have been delayed to July 19.
Right about when my wife will regain strength from her final chemo treatment.
She will have her strength back and then we ride.

Back