• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021 NC750x purchased yet?

Sigh…dealer just told me my NC’s shipping / delivery date was pushed back yet again, this time to late July. They said about 150 of the bikes they have on order were delayed as well.

And so, the wait continues to continue.

Seeing that the 2021s were arriving at US dealers, I rode out to my local powerhouse to see if I could get an in-person look at one. I put a deposit on a 2021 DCT in February, but there was one guy in front of me who got first dibs. No luck, he had already collected the bike a day or two ago. Mine is scheduled to ship out of the warehouse on July 1. The waiting continues.

Got distracted on the shield but did get the Givi top box mount on and it looks like I need to redrill some holes but my old Givi top box fits fine. I have crash bars and Givi Monokey side box mounts and it looks like I can mount handguards and not have a problem, Still want to know if Apollo heated grips work well and I need to get a throttle lock....other stuff as I get to it.

One comment on performance...the throttle response is instant and haven't run it hard yet but it's just like driving an automatic car but a lot more fun. Glad I got the DCT!!!

Good night Mrs. Kalibash.
I appreciate your comments on how the 2021 drives with
Got distracted on the shield but did get the Givi top box mount on and it looks like I need to redrill some holes but my old Givi top box fits fine. I have crash bars and Givi Monokey side box mounts and it looks like I can mount handguards and not have a problem, Still want to know if Apollo heated grips work well and I need to get a throttle lock....other stuff as I get to it.

One comment on performance...the throttle response is instant and haven't run it hard yet but it's just like driving an automatic car but a lot more fun. Glad I got the DCT!!!

Good night Mrs. Kalibash.
Meant to finish to say how I appreciate your comments on how the 2021 drives with the throttle by wire.
And bravo to saying good night to Mrs. Kalibash, where ever she is.

I appreciate your comments on how the 2021 drives with

Meant to finish to say how I appreciate your comments on how the 2021 drives with the throttle by wire.
And bravo to saying good night to Mrs. Kalibash, where ever she is.
Sorry...but I seem to be the only one with a new bike...suck it up! I ordered mine in Sep 2020 so really hope none of you wait that long.

I installed the T Rex Givi tail box attachment thingy and the old monokey box slide right on like it belonged there. It looks like it is too far to the rear but I have seen others that look like that.

Finished the install of the Madstad windshield that I ordered as a 2020 model...it is not an easy bolt on with the 2021 bike. A little bending, drilling and re-arranging and I have a well mounted and solid Madstad windshield. Just got back from an 80 mile test ride and it is great below 60 or so...didn't even mess up my hair (that's a joke...ain't got much left} but above 65 it begins to dump high speed air in my face. Lots of adjustment to be done and I expect it to perform perfectly when I'm done. I did notice that the deflectors look like they fall in front of the turn signals so they may get mounted elsewhere. I put a set on my Harley forks and they do a great job of deflecting air flow and as a result rain and water off the road so I may consider doing that on the 2021.

You guys are concerned about hitting deer...I had a cow moose and 2 calves run out in front of me...soft brakes and the horn and they moved out smartly.

Also installed the T Rex crash bars and they went right on the bike with no problems and look nice I believe. I have no crashes planned but do now have great mounting spots for highway pegs and 2 LED running lights and maybe an air horn for the moose. I Hope T Rex designs a skid plate that fits the DCT model...I like their products so far and they make one for the manual trans so it can't be too many key strokes to have a design for the DCT.

I'm hoping deliveries on 2021 bikes speed up for those of you waiting. If I can answer any questions on the bike please let me know and I will try. WARNING...don't "blip" the throttle while waiting for traffic to pass before pulling out into the cross street!! Left hand and foot are lonesome and feel abandoned and unemployed.

I'm picking mine up Tuesday

You can see even with the lowered seat height I'm still on my toes

csfGJi3h.jpg

Hi guys! I think I've seen someone here mention they're in the NY area and on a waitlist for the 2021 DCT version -- just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm in Brooklyn, I have a 2021 NC750X DCT, and I am selling it.

The bike is wonderful. I just made a huge mistake in not fully envisioning what it was going to be like to ride in NYC rush hour traffic, which is a level of stress that I have discovered I am not cut out for. Anyway, if you're interested, I posted in the "Bikes for Sale" section of the forum:

Best,

-Evan

Hi guys! I think I've seen someone here mention they're in the NY area and on a waitlist for the 2021 DCT version -- just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm in Brooklyn, I have a 2021 NC750X DCT, and I am selling it.

The bike is wonderful. I just made a huge mistake in not fully envisioning what it was going to be like to ride in NYC rush hour traffic, which is a level of stress that I have discovered I am not cut out for. Anyway, if you're interested, I posted in the "Bikes for Sale" section of the forum:

Best,

-Evan
Oh wow, which dealership did you get it from out of curiosity (if you’re okay sharing that)? I reserved my manual NC back in February at NY Honda Yamaha and they’re not getting any until late July at the earliest.

Oh wow, which dealership did you get it from out of curiosity (if you’re okay sharing that)? I reserved my manual NC back in February at NY Honda Yamaha and they’re not getting any until late July at the earliest.
It was also NY Honda Yamaha. I reserved the DCT in March and it came in June 11 -- I guess there's an even bigger backlog for the manuals!

It was also NY Honda Yamaha. I reserved the DCT in March and it came in June 11 -- I guess there's an even bigger backlog for the manuals!
Huh. They’ve told me on a couple occasions that my bike will be the first 2021 NC they receive, and that the manual models will be arriving much sooner than the DCT ones.

Depends on how you want to measure it. Standing from crotch to floor barefooted, 27". I wear 28" length jean's but they are a bit piled up on top of my shoes lol

One more thing I've learned on my bike...the Givi PL1146 which is for 2016 (and after?) NC750 needs a hole drilled in the passenger foot peg mount to mount the front support. The install instructions show a bolt thru that mount but the hole in no longer there. Not a big deal. I have not attached the top mounts and I will use the T Rex rear box mount which I chose to allow me to use both the Givi side boxes as well as adopting the mount to take Tusk Large side boxes. I did not specifically buy the Tusk boxes for the NC but I had them originally bought for my DRZ which was to be my "adventure" bike until I discovered the really neat NC750.

I foresee the NC as a "forever bike" along with a few others. Just registered a 1974 CT 90 the old Trail bike and once I get it running it probably will fall into that herd. I sold my old TW 200 this Spring and have had that for 20+years...another wonderful bike but I've found it is better in it's new home with an old guy so he can ride the forest roads in this area. I might find I can part with the DRZ which I've had since new in 2008 and is a great bike too. We'll see.

Congrats!!!
I picked mine up this morning...just got in from a ride. Handles wonderfully and the DCT is exactly what I had hoped for when I ordered it. Now to install the Madstad and other stuff.

If I can figure out how to post picks I'll do that too. Funny but it looks pretty much like yours!!
Congrats to you, Lowrider.
My wife and I are still waiting for the one we ordered in Everett, WA. We are told it's coming, but dealer cannot guarantee exactly where it is.
I am sure you waited much longer than us. I only put down a $200 deposit March 30.

Last edited:
My wife and I are still waiting for the one we ordered in Everett, WA. We are told it's coming, but dealer cannot guarantee exactly where it is.
I am sure you waited much longer than us. I only put down a $200 deposit March 30.
Have you been by the port of Seattle lately? It's probably stacked in one of the many containers stuck on the shore

I still have no clue why mine came in when it did. The dealer had several offers to buy it before I got there. I was almost joking with my salesman...you've had my $500 for 10 months...do I get interest?? They did send me the sales doc's so I could get the registration and title work done since I had an appointment with DMV on Thursday to get plates for my newly aquired 1974 CT 90 trail bike.

Hope your wife's gets here soon...in the mean time tell her to keep throwing arrows!!

One more thing I've learned on my bike...the Givi PL1146 which is for 2016 (and after?) NC750 needs a hole drilled in the passenger foot peg mount to mount the front support. The install instructions show a bolt thru that mount but the hole in no longer there. Not a big deal. I have not attached the top mounts and I will use the T Rex rear box mount which I chose to allow me to use both the Givi side boxes as well as adopting the mount to take Tusk Large side boxes. I did not specifically buy the Tusk boxes for the NC but I had them originally bought for my DRZ which was to be my "adventure" bike until I discovered the really neat NC750.

I foresee the NC as a "forever bike" along with a few others. Just registered a 1974 CT 90 the old Trail bike and once I get it running it probably will fall into that herd. I sold my old TW 200 this Spring and have had that for 20+years...another wonderful bike but I've found it is better in it's new home with an old guy so he can ride the forest roads in this area. I might find I can part with the DRZ which I've had since new in 2008 and is a great bike too. We'll see.
I learned something else...the PL 1146 does not work with the Givi MonoLock side boxes which is what I bought them for in the first place. Glad I checked that before I modified them. Back to RevZilla in the AM.

Back